Cracked engine block

Alleycat72

My dumb a$% told a friend I'd help him with his car project. It was supposed to take 6 months.  It's over 3 years later and I've had his project taking up 2 1/2 of my 3 bay shop. I've had to do everything that's been done to the car. I did refuse to build the transmission or the engine. I got sick of it sitting there so I decided I  had to get it running. I have 200 free hours in it anyway so what's 25 more. I got to the point of adding fluids and this happens. 

IMG-4186.jpg

Of course the engine builder said it was fine when it left his shop. At this point, burning down the shop is a strong consideration. I think I finally learned my lesson. 

• Sad 1
  • Wow 2
58 minutes ago, Alleycat72 said:

My dumb a$% told a friend I'd help him with his car project. It was supposed to take 6 months.  It's over 3 years later and I've had his project taking up 2 1/2 of my 3 bay shop. I've had to do everything that's been done to the car. I did refuse to build the transmission or the engine. I got sick of it sitting there so I decided I  had to get it running. I have 200 free hours in it anyway so what's 25 more. I got to the point of adding fluids and this happens. 

IMG-4186.jpg

Of course the engine builder said it was fine when it left his shop. At this point, burning down the shop is a strong consideration. I think I finally learned my lesson. 

Since I'm a glutton for punishment ill bite.. Whats the block and how reputable is the shop ?

7 minutes ago, FUJIMO said:

Since I'm a glutton for punishment ill bite.. Whats the block and how reputable is the shop ?

A stroked 440. Now a 505. He talked to the guy and the guy will give him his money back on the short block as long as he returns the short block. To be honest, the guy has absolutely no idea what's happened to it since we got it. I'm shocked, but done working on it. Kind of a crappy deal for everyone. I don't know the guy that did the work. He thought my guy was high. He wants his number now. 

• Like 1
6 minutes ago, Alleycat72 said:

A stroked 440. Now a 505. He talked to the guy and the guy will give him his money back on the short block as long as he returns the short block. To be honest, the guy has absolutely no idea what's happened to it since we got it. I'm shocked, but done working on it. Kind of a crappy deal for everyone. I don't know the guy that did the work. He thought my guy was high. He wants his number now. 

Sounds like all will end well for you but custom shop work can be a risk sometimes