Alarm Going off in Tractor Supply

I'm really not sure whats going on, but here's what happened. I

went in TSC in Smyrna today and the alarm went off as I

passed through the door scanner. The Lady at the register just said come on in sometimes Metal sets it off. I did my shopping and as I was leaving

it went off again.

My first thought was Maybe it was my handgun doing it but didn't

want to remove and go through again. Then I went to Home Depot

in Smyrna for something ,went through the loading area doors and the

alarms went off there too. They waved me to come on in so I did, things

getting kind of spooky. I told my wife I was going out to the vehicle

and remove the handgun from my holster and come back in, as I left

the alarm went off again.

I then left the gun in the vehicle and came back through and NO

Alarm. Has anyone had a similar experience?

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

ID tags sewn into clothing are known to set these type alarms off. I don't think these type alarms are metal detectors. I've carried through TS, Lowes, HD, Ingles and others and never had an alarm go off.

oldogy

Edited by oldogy
additonal comment
ID tags sewn into clothing are known to set these type alarms off. I don't think these type alarms are metal detectors. I've carried through TS, Lowes, HD, Ingles and others and never had an alarm go off.

I think they're typically RFID. Maybe your holster still has an RFID tag on it somewhere?

Guest bluecanary25

very odd, should not happen..........

is your gun magnetized? run it through a degausser lately?

dropped it aligned with the magnetic field?

Try taking only your carry rig through....

may have an active anti-theft tag imbedded and active.......

What kind of handgun? Heckler & Koch has been putting RFID chips in some of their recent models. That may have set the thing off.

Really? I was unaware of that. What purpose does the RFID serve for them, inventory and logistical type stuff?

That is really weird, heres what happ. to a guy i worked with, he came in to work one day wearing some really nice boots, we complimented him and he said he really liked them but they were causing him a lot of problems.

He said these are my "Alarm" boots, and explained that any and all places he had gone to since buying them the store alarms went off when he came and left and he was going to return them since he felt like a criminal wearing them, since he was the object of attention and felt like a criminal and simply couldnt take it anymore!

I said maybe they need to get rescanned, he laughed and i told him that many comp. put little anti-theft devices in stuff and it can happen that maybe

they didnt get scanned properly.

After work his car wouldnt start and we went to Auto Zone to get a part, as soon as he walked in the alarm went off, he had to go to the car for something and again Alarm goes off, same when he came in again.

I asked the cashier to scan his boots, she and he laughed, he put his leg on counter and had each boot scanned. Voola, no more Alarm boots!

Funny as hell, it happenened to me once that i bought a book at a store, cashier scanned it and when i left the alarm goes off and she scanned it again, but the alarm still went off, so she said just dont worry about it!

Last month i bought a Batt. charger at Walmart and paid in auto section, the guy told me to keep the receipt in hand since the front door alarm might go off and surely it did and even after being scanned again at front?

Seems these scanners dont work 100% of the time, is it possible that there might be a item of clothing you bought recently, that also didnt get properly scanned which has an alarm strip inside?

The only other thing is that the door sensor at this place might just go off due to a prob. after so many people walk through it!

It could be a "Conservative" detector. I think liberals are wanting them in all the stores.

The reason it didn't go off without your handgun is simple. With your handgun in the truck you felt some what out of place... a little confused, perhaps unsure of the world around you.That told the detector's sensors you were a "liberal" and thus didn't go off.

I bet if you walked through those same detectors (without your gun) thinking about the Constitution, Sara Palin holding an AR, or the American Flag... and it would go off again. :popcorn:

(**Just kidding... I'd never compare you to a liberal.)

What kind of handgun? Heckler & Koch has been putting RFID chips in some of their recent models. That may have set the thing off.

Did not know this, what does RFID stand for?

Guest coldblackwind

What kind of shoes were you wearing? I worked at walmart in the TLE for about 2 weeks, and the guy I was working with told me his shoes would set the alarm off.

The boots my friend was wearing were bought at K-mart, and would set all Alarms off!

It is possible there is a hidden tag in the original posters holster which works sporadically with certain Alarms?:tinfoil:

Might be an Alarm holster?:popcorn:

I buy stuff from stores that don't have the security things at the doors, pull the rfid tags off and hide them on my sons clothing.:tinfoil:

You really must not buy much then, since these sensors are everywhere i go!:popcorn:

• Administrator

Regarding the HK45 and RFID chips... per the HK manual:

"Transponder (Optional)- Internal (molded-in) electronic data storage device. Permits permanent and changeable data (serial number, rack number, user name, round count, etc.) storage on pistol by operator, armorer."

2196256484_ff0c23b758.jpg

http://www.hk-usa.com/wforum/viewtopic.php?t=1584&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Note: This is in a P2000... but I'm certain the 45 and 45C have the space for the chip also. Some even have the chip.

I had the same thing happen to me all the time. I kept setting off the alarm every time I went into Walmart and Home Depot. One day after tripping the alarm a greeter at Walmart said "you want me to fix that for you?" He got out some magnetic bar, told me to lift each foot up and he ran the bar across my soles. Never had a problem again.

I guess the magnet killed the security device imbedded in the sole. You might want to see if your WM has the magnet.