I have a question?

24 minutes ago, Omega said:

NAGR is legit, but can't say about the email as some use legit companies to scam people.

Home - National Association for Gun Rights (nationalgunrights.org)

Thanks Omega. I didn't solicit anything from them and their emails just began showing up and began talking about how they are fighting for our 2nd Amendment rights in DC and need me to help by sending money. I think they are a scam is why I wanted to get some opinions from folks I trust and that is here of curse!!

1 hour ago, bersaguy said:

Thanks Omega. I didn't solicit anything from them and their emails just began showing up and began talking about how they are fighting for our 2nd Amendment rights in DC and need me to help by sending money. I think they are a scam is why I wanted to get some opinions from folks I trust and that is here of curse!!

Sounds like someone sold your info to one of their "trusted 3rd parties". It happened to me so much that I started tracking who was selling my email address. Google offers a feature that lets me change my email address that I give the NRA from myemail@gmail.com to myemail+NRA@gmail.com. That way when some 3rd party emails me and it comes to the +NRA version, I at least know who's selling my info to others.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
18 hours ago, BigK said:

Google offers a feature that lets me change my email address that I give the NRA from myemail@gmail.com to myemail+NRA@gmail.com.

'Plus addresses' not only works with Google, it's a standard for email systems.  Most email servers support it.  I stopped using it as some spammers started stripping the 'plus addresses' out of the emails. I now use forwarders for most email communications.  Each vendor/website gets it own unique email and randomly generated password stored in an encrypted database.  It's a lot more work, but I average a single spam every 6 months.  And if a spammer does get hold of my email, I can stop them by changing the forwarder and only have to update 1 website with the new email address.  Furthermore, if there is a data breach at a vendor, they don't get my login for any other site. 

• Like 1