Restaurant Carry Pledge

Guest nraforlife

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest crotalus01

Does everyone here really think that many places will post, properly or otherwise? I know when my GF and I go to eat in Southaven I have yet to see a restaurant that is posted. They have all the popular chains - Chillis, Logans, Red Lobster, Olive Garden etc etc, none are posted (except Waffle House where I choose not to eat since they are improperly posted for TN but I dont know MS laws for posting).

As for the pledge, count me in.

... in Southaven I have yet to see a restaurant that is posted. They have all the popular chains - Chillis, Logans, Red Lobster, Olive Garden etc etc, none are posted (except Waffle House where I choose not to eat since they are improperly posted for TN but I dont know MS laws for posting).

Well, the places that serve alcohol don't need to be posted, since it's currently illegal to carry there, eh?

- OS

Does everyone here really think that many places will post, properly or otherwise? I know when my GF and I go to eat in Southaven I have yet to see a restaurant that is posted. They have all the popular chains - Chillis, Logans, Red Lobster, Olive Garden etc etc, none are posted (except Waffle House where I choose not to eat since they are improperly posted for TN but I dont know MS laws for posting).

Personally, I don't think that the big chains will post at all. The chains based out of Tennessee are the likely suspects. Take the Calhoun's owner for example. He's certainly against it.

Guest putmanphoto

I too, am in...

I would not point out ignorance.... as the "anti" they should know the law - and if they chose not to - then that is their problem..

Should a restaurant be improperly posted, I will probably just ignore it, and continue going about my business. It is not my job to educate people on the intricacies of Tennessee State Code.

If a restaurant is properly posted, I would never go inside to inform the management of my disapproval, so it is a null game. I would, however, write a friendly letter to both the management and their location's owner(s) and inform them of my decision to take my money elsewhere in the future. The Tennessee Firearm Association has a good letter generator online for just that purpose.

That letter generator has yet to be moved to TFA's new web site.

Guest rockytop
I promise to keep my mouth shut and mind my own business, and I further pledge that any business that restricts a Constitutional right is NOT a business I will be spending any money at.

Me too. Also, those who post a main entrance and leave the secondary entrances blank. I don't even post it on a public forum, when I discover one. You may be pointing it out to them or some motor-mouth.

Yep, Uh-Huh, and as the outlaw Josey Wales says "I reckon so!" Count me in. I've never said anything anyway. By the way, is Chili's in Clarksville posted? I'm not gonna look for the sign anyway, just like to know.

What part of Southaven are you going to? That's Mississippi!

Guest oldbs
I promise to keep my mouth shut and mind my own business, and I further pledge that any business that restricts a Constitutional right is NOT a business I will be spending any money at.

Amen, couldn't agree more.

Guest KevinM

Ok....I posted this before and it seems it was erased for some reason.

Gun grabbers like Jeff Woods and others at the Nashville Scene will most likely catch wind of this thread and report to their idiotic readers what is happening. It is something to consider. If I need to post this opinion somewhere else, kindly tell me and don't just erase my post.

Thanks.

Guest Astra900

Gun grabbers like Jeff Woods and others at the Nashville Scene will most likely catch wind of this thread and report to their idiotic readers what is happening. It is something to consider. If I need to post this opinion somewhere else, kindly tell me and don't just erase my post.

Thanks.

The entire site had an issue, lost a LOT of posts. Stoopid interwebz.

Guest crotalus01
What part of Southaven are you going to? That's Mississippi!

Thats why I said I dont know the posting laws for MS (Mississippi) -

I was simply pointing out that virtually no restaurants in MS (where they have a clean restaurant carry law) are posted including all of the popular chains. That leads me to believe it may not be that big of an issue in TN should the restaurant carry law pass.

Guest nraforlife

Thanks.

Kind of like the ACORN zombies going to disrupt the Tea Parties. Guess those should be canceled too... In other words frick Jeff Woods and that rag the Scene. The Scene was a POS when I lived in Nashville and it hasn't changed.

Guest KevinM
Kind of like the ACORN zombies going to disrupt the Tea Parties. Guess those should be canceled too... In other words frick Jeff Woods and that rag the Scene. The Scene was a POS when I lived in Nashville and it hasn't changed.

No, but they shouldn't necessarily post all the important details of their plan publicly on a website either. It isn't just him, I am fairly certain 2nd Amendment enthusiasts & patriots aren't the only people that monitor this website.

My post was lost too so I'd better renew my pledge to do the same. Also, I guarantee to promote any establishment that allows us to carry and do the very opposite for those who don't. Word of mouth goes a long long way in the service industry.:up:

Guest mustangdave

This "PLEDGE" as you call it is juvenile and moronic. Just my :screwy: it will still be within the proprietors "rights" to allow you to exercise your "right" on their property...just like a NO TRESPASSING sign. Get over yourselves.