Any way to get the last 5 lbs off. LOL

Alleycat72

"You can't outrun your fork" is the statement that's always stuck with me.

For an overweight/obese person, the simple breakdown is:

Weight = diet
Health = exercise

I was overweight, so i cut down on my portions and eliminated snacking. Lost about 40lbs and didn't have to exercise (though i have started because... well, health)

don't worry about 5lbs. Look at your body fat %

On 11/9/2023 at 9:37 AM, Alleycat72 said:

Sleep is very irregular. I have a watch recording my sleep. It's as little a 3.5 hours on work days and sometimes as good as 7.5 on off days. Normally it's a bit over 6 h a night. I'm usually up 4 to 6 times a night. Most of times I'm up are related to my youngest Daughter that has to be in the room adjacent to our bedroom. O2 is good and in the high 90s. I've been told my sleep is the major factor, but I don't see any way around that one. 

Have you been tested for sleep apnea? Take it from me, the mask sucks..... but man the difference it makes in your quality of sleep/life are immeasurable.

• Like 1

Once you hit 50 (and before) you just have to get used to the fact you’ll never be the same weight and size as you were in your prime.  Pumping iron sure ain’t gonna do it.

No way I’m ever gonna be 175 again like I was at 27 until I’m a feeble old man, like 70 or so when you just really don’t eat as much and literally start shrinking.  

On 11/8/2023 at 12:05 PM, Alleycat72 said:

I've lost a bit of weight this year a the last 5 are killing me. In the Last 3 days I've done 20 miles on foot and 3 hours on the waight machines. I do a minimum of 35 miles every 2 weeks period. Gym on off days. On work days I'll do 120 push ups and 150 arm curls with two 25 lib dumbbells. Work days will sometimes get a 3 mile walk when I get home. I work 12 hours days, but only 80 hours per two week period, so I get as many off days as work days. I try and kayak at least 10 mile every 2 weeks.  

I had a system of eating that was working until now. Day 1 = 650 cal, day 2 = 850 cal, day 3 = 1000-1050 cal, day 4 =1250 cal, and day 5 = 1750 cal. After day 5 I started over. I've gotten to the point I can't jeep it up. By day 3 I get dizzy and start eating. It ends up being a 2300 cal day. My calorie intake is anywhere between 1250 and 2000 cal a day now. The majority of the days being in the 1700-1900. 

I'm 5' 9" 180 now. I've always felt my best at 174-175, but I just turned 50. Am I being unrealistic? I do feel stronger and healthier now than I did when I was 25. I just want that 175 damn number. LOL

Definitely not eating enough. You need a balanced diet with goals and ability to track your progress.  I have had good results with the app MyFitnessPal. 
I will say you made tremendous progress and I know it wasn’t easy.
 I found by setting goals and sticking to it, I was able to loss weight and keep it off using MyFitnessPal.  
I would also say that the last five pounds is probably the hardest.  

22 hours ago, NoBanStan said:

Have you been tested for sleep apnea? Take it from me, the mask sucks..... but man the difference it makes in your quality of sleep/life are immeasurable.

I haven't been tested, but my snoring stopped at or around 200 lbs. I have may hart rate and 02 checked every 10 minutes with my watch. I'm not sure how accurate it is,  but it's tracked my sleep actually. My 02 looks good at night and my resting hart rate has steadily dropped. 

• 5 months later...