On ABC 20/20 website

Now on their website -

Carrying a Gun Wouldn't Necessarily Get You Out of a Shooting - ABC News

and the three most recent of 356 comments -

Someone correct me if I am wrong. But wasn't it the Pearl, MS school shooting in which the teacher went to his CAR to get his weapon to stop the shooting spree? What kind of odds do I get we will NEVER hear about that here!

TCU_91 10:46 PM

anyways.... who walks around with a gun to protect from a full blown shootout. i just want protection walking in a dark parking garage at night. they need to do a story on how many lives were saved by people carring guns... of course the government would never allow that. Shame on Diane Sawyer for stooping so low.

shlaaagoober 10:45 PM

I am a Canadian in Canada, a minister, and perhaps rather liberal minded in the eyes of many. I have also been in the law enforcement field for over 20 years. The 20/20 story seems very one sided, even to me here. Very political, much as we see here in Canada.There should be no question or even thought as to if a person who is legally armed may or may not change their chances when faced with a situation where they might defend themselves, family, or another person. It should only be a statement. That being that every person who can be legally armed, deserves the choice to defend themselves in the face of any such criminal act.The scenarios used in this part of the story were not reflective of the mentality of mass shooting events that I have been trained to recognize in a number of respects.God Bless.

vermontca 10:45 PM

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I only caught part of the last half. I think that is all i could have stomached anyway though. It's like they avoid the issue of crime and punishment because they can't address the real issues and come off credible with their childish liberal slant. It's much easier to stack the deck while going after our guns, and pulling at peoples heart strings i guess.... I don't even wanna talk about it .... i'm out.

Edit:

And i don't wanna hear a word about the fairness doctrine from ABC.

Edited by Ninja9

I did see most of 20/20 tonight and as expected it was the Propaganda to condition the sheep that we need more gun control. Of course I’m kind of biased myself but that show did us no good.:)

I believe I saw an advertisement for a similar show coming up on 60 minutes also.

It was totally the trash that I expected. It might as well have been a ad for the Brady group. It seemed to me like they think that you are better off with nothing at all to defend yourself then you are with a gun. Im sure it got alot of people who know nothing at all about guns to think, "wow guns really are bad". It really is sad what the liberal media has done to this country.

-Jason G

The main thing I noticed was when the BG came into the room, they knew who had the gun and went straight for them. Thats not an accurate scenario of how things would happen unless the BG knew beforehand who was carrying. Also the people that they gave the guns to had no experience with carrying in the first place. No wonder they didn't all react correctly.

The small kids with the guns.... well they're just being kids. I remember as a kid we had neighborhood wars with play guns. If they come across a gun it's because of irresponsible parents.

With the older kids cleaning out the garage... I see that as little or no training on how to handle guns.

Education is the key. Not out of site out of mind.

I had my 8 and 9 yo watching this with me and we talked about all that was said, especially pointing out the biased parts of it.

I know why I do not watch network television. All the programming is either the gun caused the problem with the misunderstood bg from a broken home or the bg is the gun owner. What better way to show that we do not need to worry about our second adment rights than to let network hacks show gun owners in a bad light. I must be a bad parent as I taught my childern all how to safely use both hand guns and rifles at an early age. I think the oldest son had a 22 when he was 12 and started hunting when he was 13. Proper education about firearm safety and open carry is an answer that one LEO suggested to me back in 1970 was the way to go. That way the bg would see the weapon and know that you were not a victim waiting to happen.

I watched 20/20 Friday night, and it was slick anti-gun propaganda. The main points: 1) If you are carrying a concealed gun in a VA tech classroom and a bad guy shooter comes in, he will kill you before you can pull out your gun and shoot him. So just play dead and use your cell phone, instead of being armed. Wait for the trained professionals to come to your aid. 2) If you have guns at home you will probably leave them loaded and in places where inquisitive teens and toddlers will find them and accidentally kill themselves. So, you had better not have a gun. 3) It is wrong for Americans to be able to buy and sell guns with each other without having to fill out paperwork and have gun registration. 33 states allow this, and shame on them! This is the infamous "gun show loophole." We need more laws to make this practice illegal.

They interviewed a guy whose sister was killed at VA Tech. They gave him $5000 to spend at a gun show, and showed him buying guns of all sorts (including a GLOCK! and an ASSAULT RIFLE!) shotguns, etc. (As you all know, GLOCKS and black rifles are especially "evil.") Also a boy who accidentally killed one of his little friends and had to go to reform school. Also the father of the boy, who is in prison, because he left his loaded gun out where his son could find it, and accidentally kill his friend. It was designed to move you emotionally.

So, that was it. Extremely one-sided and pro more anti-gun legislation.

But, that's what I expected. I'm thinking the media is simply another branch of our Liberal federal government. Shows like this one will be helpful in greasing the rails for anti-gun legislation.

addressing 2 of the previous comments. if i found a gun in my house growing up it was not because of irresponsible parents. the guns were always there and handy. if i "found" a gun where i thought it shouldnt be i and most of my friends knew we could retrieve it as long as we kept the booger hook of the bang switch. this from an age of about 7 which is about a far back as this old man can remember. my 12th birthday i received a brick of .22 and free access to my dads winchester pump. teach the kids damn it.

Guest Frazsteve
I don't even know where to begin my rant:poop::D

Main thing I learned is to not sit front row center in a lectuer hall. Anyone else think that was odd that the one armed person in the room always sat front row center. :up:

Hmmmm lets see.

1. an "ampitheater" with only one way in or out.... how would this be different if the architecture was different or there were more exits?

2. an armed citizen in the middle of the room...how would things go differently if he (or she ) were in the back of the room and not "victim #2".

3. the armed student had a "draw proof" retention holster carried concealed. I SERIOUSLY doubt they spent ANY time on how to draw from that rig...........How would things have been if they were drawing from an open top appendix carried rig?

4. Notice they had all of the scenarios where the student was in extreme initiative deficiency mode, right in front of the shooter. How would things have been if the scenario started when you hear shooting DOWN THE HALL and you had time to get gun out and get behind cover and ambush him as he enters THIS room?

5. Notice they had 2 shooters in the "best trained" guy's scenario. I guess if a truly well trained individual ran it they'd have to hedge their bet with EVERYONE else in the room an accomplice to the shooter....cool.gif

I sent a reponse to ABC asking why they didn't mention the WV college shooting stopped by armed students or the Pearl MS highschol shooting stopped by the armed vice principle. I also outlined why their "test" was flawed and a recipe for failure even for trained individuals. Notice they didn't have the cops run it as "victims". They would have failed the test too if it were set up the same. The test was designed for failure.

Make no mistake about it this is the opening salvo in the Obama administrations assault on the 2nd ammendment. Get ready.

only time i watch the liberal media any more is to get the local news. i then hunt something else or turn the boob tube off.

It would be wiser to pay attention and confront it.

Chance favors the prepared and knowing what the anti-gunners are up to allows the ability to counter their tactics.

The post above this one is an excellent example of the duty required to preserve what we have.

What also pissed me off about the classroom scenario was that the "police shooter" always went after the armed student first. In a real life situation the bad guy is not going to know who is armed.

It also reaffirmed that there are some extremely stupid teens in this world (looking down the barrel to see if the gun is loaded, etc). Every school student should at least have firearms safety covered in some class, even if just for a day. But that would never happen w/ education institutions being so liberal these days.

The main thing I noticed was when the BG came into the room, they knew who had the gun and went straight for them. Thats not an accurate scenario of how things would happen unless the BG knew beforehand who was carrying. Also the people that they gave the guns to had no experience with carrying in the first place. No wonder they didn't all react correctly.

That is two of the biggest things I figured would happen.

I didn't watch it, but it is on the TIVO...sounds like I may just delete it...

Guest oldbs

We are being set up for the next round of "gun control". Stand by, there will be more of this crap coming to a TV near you!

Isn't it interesting that there still seems to be an ammo shortage. I remember it started about early November and is still with us! Ummmmm!

I am watching this now and this is stupid. First off, they are giving the students a holster with a thumb break. Correct me if I am wrong but isnt this a harder way to draw a weapon? I keep going back to the Police academy movie where one guy takes they gun away for a person and gives them a whistle and says just blow this if you are in trouble. Maybe that is what Diane Sawyer needs.

I am watching this now and this is stupid. First off, they are giving the students a holster with a thumb break. Correct me if I am wrong but isnt this a harder way to draw a weapon? I keep going back to the Police academy movie where one guy takes they gun away for a person and gives them a whistle and says just blow this if you are in trouble. Maybe that is what Diane Sawyer needs.

I didn't even bother to watch it, but yea a thumb break holster on the hip of an untrained individual? It might as well be in a locked safe.