Air fryer recipes

I didn't read every response but it's crazy how versatile air fryers are. My wife uses ours to hard boil(fry?) Eggs. Soak them in cold water afterwards to make the shells easier to peel. We make a mean grilled cheese sandwich in ours too. 

• Like 1

Don’t need to turn most things IMO. Doggies and some meats do seem to work better with a flip with ours.
Seems the skin gets more even blistering. Large pieces loose less moisture and distributed more evenly. 

I’d bet there is enough variation between fryers that benefits (if any) differ. 

Edited by Erich
  • Like 3

I do steaks, chicken breasts, chicken tenders, pork ribs, and am trying other items all the time.  It is my "go to" method of cooking these days.  But I admit I am not truly air frying I guess.  I use the air fryer mode on my oven which does the same thing just in a bigger box.

• Like 1

Having to flip food has as much to do with the basket you use as the type of food.  The air has to be able to get to that side of the food to crisp it.   Most come with some type of basket/grate for this purpose.

Edited by Hozzie
  • Like 3
40 minutes ago, Erik88 said:

I didn't read every response but it's crazy how versatile air fryers are. My wife uses ours to hard boil(fry?) Eggs. Soak them in cold water afterwards to make the shells easier to peel. We make a mean grilled cheese sandwich in ours too. 

When frying in a skillet, I found the secret to a great grilled cheese was to slather the outside of the bread with Duke's mayonnaise before cooking. What do you put on the bread in the air fryer? 

32 minutes ago, NoBanStan said:

We don't have to flip with ours (to my knowledge). I guess it depends on quality of the fryer and the thickness of whatever you're cooking.

I ruffled the french fries a few times last night while cooking them to get all sides browned and crispy. They weren't bad, and definitely less greasy than fry daddy fries. Using less oil probably has a health benefit which I'm not so concerned about, but it should also provide an economic benefit. Canola oil isn't cheap any more!

Edited by gregintenn
43 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I ruffled the french fries a few times last night while cooking them to get all sides browned and crispy. They weren't bad, and definitely less greasy than fry daddy fries. Using less oil probably has a health benefit which I'm not so concerned about, but it should also provide an economic benefit. Canola oil isn't cheap any more!

Fry daddy! Man, that has been a minute.... That was good stuff back in the day though. I'm pretty sure my mother still has ours in the bottom cabinet next to the George Foreman grill and the Popcorn Pumper.

Edited by NoBanStan
  • Like 1
46 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

Any partial concern you might have had around health benefits will get taken off by Grilled cheese and hotdogs 😛 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2
7 minutes ago, NoBanStan said:

Fry daddy! Man, that has been a minute.... That was good stuff back in the day though. I'm pretty sure my mother still has ours in the bottom cabinet next to the George Foreman grill and the Popcorn Pumper.

one of my favorite old time cookers was the HOTDOGGER. It worked by electrocuting the poor dogs after they were put on metal spikes. They let out juice and sounded like they were screaming lol

As a teenager I got get a kick out of it.  The burnt ends were not great, it was about the process.

I’m starting to think I have a hotdog problem.

• Haha 2
28 minutes ago, NoBanStan said:

I use the fry daddy on a regular basis. I wasn’t aware they were no longer in style.

Now the hot air popcorn poppers sucked. They popped corn alright, but then you just had styrofoam. Salt wouldn’t stick to the dry popcorn. It was inedible.

• Like 1
27 minutes ago, gregintenn said:

I use the fry daddy on a regular basis. I wasn’t aware they were no longer in style.

Now the hot air popcorn poppers sucked. They popped corn alright, but then you just had styrofoam. Salt wouldn’t stick to the dry popcorn. It was inedible.

My grandson was so excited when our air popper arrived. He loves making popcorn with it, but NOBODY likes to eat that tasteless styrofoam, LOL. Sadly, he forgets how terrible it tastes and still makes more later. LOL

• Like 1
30 minutes ago, BigK said:

My grandson was so excited when our air popper arrived. He loves making popcorn with it, but NOBODY likes to eat that tasteless styrofoam, LOL. Sadly, he forgets how terrible it tastes and still makes more later. LOL

We were camping when the kids were little once, and I brought along some of those jiffy pop pans. They’d never seen any and were mesmerized.