Thoughts and prayers tax

• Moderators

I'm sure this person was vetted as an avid hunter, owned many guns, and to be honest saying you are a Republican means nothing. 

Anyone voting for higher taxes on anything at this stage should be run out of town and tarred and feathered. 

• Like 8

Let me guess, one of the TN11?

According to Mitchell, the idea came from a voter in the opposing party. At a recently-held town hall meeting in Bellevue, Mitchell said a man stood up, identified himself as an avid hunter and a Republican who owned several guns and proposed a solution to the gun issue in Tennessee.

“He said if you want to solve this, one way to solve the gun problem is why don’t you sponsor a bill putting a tax on the sale of firearms,” Mitchell said. “I said, ‘I’ll be happy to file that bill for you.'”

• Haha 1
  • Thanks 1

How about a law that says if a congressman proposes a bill that fails to even get 30% of the votes, he/she is banned from proposing another bill until re-elected. LOL Seriously though, this is a time waster, it won't get any support and won't even get voted on by the full house.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
3 hours ago, TripleGGG said:

Anyone voting for higher taxes on anything at this stage should be tarred and feathered then run out of town .

Fixed it a bit, best idea I have heard in a good damn bit!

• Like 1

Unconstitutional, see Minneapolis Star vs Minnesota, you can't have an additional tax on constitutionally protected rights.  It's why the TN legislature got rid of the ammo tax, it was completely unconstitutional.   

I'm just waiting for some enterprising firearms group or FFL to come along and file suit on the TICS tax.

• Like 1

Unfortunately, bring unconstitutional doesn’t prevent such things from becoming law. 

CA just passed an additional tax on Firearms a few months ago. They didn’t get the number they originally wanted, but effectively doubled use tax.

Like any number of bad gun laws, they may get tossed years down the road, but never underestimate the mass of uninformed voters in believing leftist propaganda to pass inane legislation. 

• Like 2