M&P compact 2.0

I’m about to make a purchase on a M&P compact 2.0 like the title says with four mags wondering what everyone here would consider a fair value on one I don’t have many people to talk to about this other then people on this forum. (Not trying to buy or sell a gun just looking for advice)

I have 2 with 4" brls, one with a manual safety and one without, and If memory serves me, I gave around 450.00 for mine NIB at Outpost Armory in Murfreesboro TN. The one without the safety is my go-to carry, in a Comp Tac IWB holster. Really like the platform. Purchased a 4" MP EZ in 9MM also. Arthritis!!!! All 3 of mine has been flawless. Highly recommend the MP's. 

• Like 1

My guess would be $400 if it is in great shape, $450 if you want it real bad. Gun Broker has one for $430 used then you have to pay taxes and transfer fees. Some people might pay a little extra to get on “ off the book”.

I have one and I really like it.I wouldn’t sell mine for $450.

1 hour ago, pop pop said:

I have 2 with 4" brls, one with a manual safety and one without, and If memory serves me, I gave around 450.00 for mine NIB at Outpost Armory in Murfreesboro TN. The one without the safety is my go-to carry, in a Comp Tac IWB holster. Really like the platform. Purchased a 4" MP EZ in 9MM also. Arthritis!!!! All 3 of mine has been flawless. Highly recommend the MP's. 

Im about to pay 525 for one with four mags the carry bag and a holster and I think its a good deal but IDRK

Check the function of the mag release. I had a M&P 9mm compact that kept dropping the mag while holstered, so when I drew it the mag would fall onto the floor. I told S&W about it and they sent me another mag release. It proceeded to do the same thing after the install, so I got rid of it.

4 minutes ago, E4 No More said:

Check the function of the mag release. I had a M&P 9mm compact that kept dropping the mag while holstered, so when I drew it the mag would fall onto the floor. I told S&W about it and they sent me another mag release. It proceeded to do the same thing after the install, so I got rid of it.

Will do how much did you give for yours.

Optics ready and the flat trigger are huge desirables. $400-$450 on a base 2.0, Add another $100 for the optics ready and trigger. With the mags $525 is a very fair price. 

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, Smith said:

Optics ready and the flat trigger are huge desirables. $400-$450 on a base 2.0, Add another $100 for the optics ready and trigger. With the mags $525 is a very fair price. 

Sweet that's what I was thinking.

7 hours ago, E4 No More said:

I had a similar problem with a Canik.  Problem was with aggressive draw stroke the edge of my Kydex would bump the mag release.  Hair dryer on that portion of the holster and rolled a sharpie over the edge flared it out enough to solve the problem.  Don't know if this fits your situation.  My 1.0 compact is one of my favorite M&Ps.

Just now, chances R said:

I had a similar problem with a Canik.  Problem was with aggressive draw stroke the edge of my Kydex would bump the mag release.  Hair dryer on that portion of the holster and rolled a sharpie over the edge flared it out enough to solve the problem.  Don't know if this fits your situation.  My 1.0 compact is one of my favorite M&Ps.

No, this was happening in a regular OWB leather holster.

IMO, there is not very little difference between the MP, Hellcat, P 365, Glocks, Ruger Max 9/ LCP, or any of the mid-range priced "Fantastic Plastic" Mini or Micro pistols.  These are pistols in the 400 to 500 dollar range. All are fairly cheap and very reliable pistols. My 3 MP have been flawless with anyone I allow to shoot them. 

1 hour ago, pop pop said:

IMO, there is not very little difference between the MP, Hellcat, P 365, Glocks, Ruger Max 9/ LCP, or any of the mid-range priced "Fantastic Plastic" Mini or Micro pistols.  These are pistols in the 400 to 500 dollar range. All are fairly cheap and very reliable pistols. My 3 MP have been flawless with anyone I allow to shoot them. 

I agree.  To me they are all about the same. I know pop pop and I both settled on the Max 9. Mine has the CTS1550 RDS on it. 

• 2 weeks later...