• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...
More a desert cousin of the Steyr M9 :)

CaracalF.jpg

M9.jpg

Except without those stupid triangular sights... :up:

They're both designed by the same longtime protege of gaston glock's.

And there's nothing stupid at all about the trapazoid sights... super fast sighting, but some aren't used to them don't like them... does not mean they're stupid, just different.

I like the idea, but that stock attachment looks like one of those cheap plastic clay pigeon throws from walmart >_>

sure does! (or maybe some kind of spatula...):D

• 1 year later...
Guest CaracalUSA

Hello guys. First and fore most we are not the company that imported the HS 2000. Intrac Arms was the company that did that. We are a new American owed company based in Knoxville, TN. We are dedicated solely to the promotion of the Caracal pistol and it's accessories. This is an excellent pistol and is a must shoot for everyone. We are expecting our first shipment in this week and they should be available for delivery the following Monday. Please check us out on Facebook and we should have http://www.caracalusa.com up to speed soon.

Thanks, Troy Sellars

Director of Operation

Caracal USA

Guest 70below
Hello guys. First and fore most we are not the company that imported the HS 2000. Intrac Arms was the company that did that. We are a new American owed company based in Knoxville, TN. We are dedicated solely to the promotion of the Caracal pistol and it's accessories. This is an excellent pistol and is a must shoot for everyone. We are expecting our first shipment in this week and they should be available for delivery the following Monday. Please check us out on Facebook and we should have http://www.caracalusa.com up to speed soon.

Thanks, Troy Sellars

Director of Operation

Caracal USA

Thanks for posting! Any chance some of the local Knoxville members can get a local sneak peek and possibly a test firing?

Troy is well-known in the NFA community. If he is the management of CaracalUSA, then I would be inclined to believe that customer service adn support will be first-rate.

I too am interested in the answer to the 'how much' question.

The price I was quoted was $550.00 with 3 mags, I'm not sure if this is an exclusive price for members of steyrclub.com (who've been following the Caracal's development and importation progress for well over a year) or just the street price in general.

On par with a new Glock or an M&P, which seems reasonably priced to me as I've spoken to some friends working over in the sandbox that have had the opportunity to shoot them and supposedly their build quality is top-notch and some of the manufacturing techniques employed in them are bleeding-edge modern (anti-corrosion/oxidation on the internals, sort of like a Tenifer coating for everything, laser cut parts, etc.), albeit with a bit more exclusivity/rarity/collectivity (for a while at least).

FWIW, since I'm a pretty staunch Glock disciple at this point and not really looking to add a piece just to collect or derail my "indian, not the arrow" kick I've been on, my plan is to wait for a bit of intel from a couple friends over at steyrclub who are real shooters and who'll no doubt put a bunch of rounds through them quickly, and if they're indeed GTG I plan on picking up the "F" model and giving it a try...

Guest CaracalUSA

That 550.00 price is a Steyr Club price. I would expect 599.00-625.00 at the dealer? I'll have more info up soon. We might have a Caracal Day at all of the local East TN. ranges? Good Idea?

Thanks, Troy

Guest 70below
That 550.00 price is a Steyr Club price. I would expect 599.00-625.00 at the dealer? I'll have more info up soon. We might have a Caracal Day at all of the local East TN. ranges? Good Idea?

Thanks, Troy

Sounds like a great idea to me. We appreciate you keeping us up to speed.

Thanks, Troy

I might be up for that. The specs are interesting to say the least.

Guest CaracalUSA

Sorry about the photos. I left my camera at home and had to shoot these with my I phone.

Troy Sellars

Director of Operations

Caracal USA

Caracal shipping boxes

caracalboxes.jpg

Caracal pistol boxes

caracalpistolbox.jpg

Caracal F package

fullsizecaracal.jpg

Caracal CQS package

caracalcinbox.jpg

Sorry about the photos. I left my camera at home and had to shoot these with my I phone.

Troy Sellars

Director of Operations

Caracal USA

Caracal shipping boxes

caracalboxes.jpg

Caracal pistol boxes

caracalpistolbox.jpg

Caracal F package

fullsizecaracal.jpg

Caracal CQS package

caracalcinbox.jpg

+1 wondering how that cqs would feel in my hand...

Troy, thanks for the photos, look good.

When you get a chance, please put up some shots that show the sights (looks like they're not FO's which is a plus for me but either way would like to see what they come with), and maybe a pic or two of the overall profile of the guns from the top looking down (would like to see their relative thinness/thickness), and finally, a close-up of the slide-release (wondering if it'll interfere with a thumbs-forward grip which is my biggest niggle with the Steyr's), and, maybe a few next to a Glock and/or 1911 would be helpful to see their relative size/proportions...

Sorry to bother you about specific shots and such, but there just isn't much info out there on them to track down and we can't exactly run down to our LGS and handle them just yet... Thanks again.

Guest CaracalUSA

Not a problem. We have seen issues with some shooters and the way they ride their thumb on the slide stop. What can we do? Many pistols would have this issue. I shoot this way and do not have a problem. Keith "rides" the slide stop so there is no way for him to prevent this? When I get home I'll take some pics with my digital camera so you can see the sights etc. The slide is about the width of a Sig or Glock.

Thanks, Troy