the best of me

Guest justme

Guest justme

My dear mother died at 21:45 this evening at the University of Tennessee Medical center in Knoxville from a massive stroke which occurred as a result of treatment she received for an acute myeloid leukemia.

She was the best part of me, she was stronger than me, and even in death she still is.

I simply feel like I have had the life kicked from me. There is a big gaping hole in my heart now.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bluemax

God Bless You and you family and I pray he wraps his arms around you and gives you as much comfort as possible in this awful time. I lost my mother recently and know the pain that you feel. If you need to talk PM me 24/7. I'm sorry

Guest JHatmaker

Very sorry to hear of your loss. We are all thinking of you and your family right now. Please let us know what we can do if you need anything.

Guest LieutenantDan67

My mom is visiting us this week and I got myself totally in a state just even thinking about life without her.

I am very sorry for your loss.

I am deeply sorry for your loss. You and your family will be in my thoughts and prayers. May God give you comfort and peace in your time of sorrow.

I am very close to my mother so I have a good idea of how you must feel. I lost my dad in '04 and I've been taking care of Mom since Dad's been gone. The last thing my Dad told me to do was "Make damn sure you take care of your mother." (If you knew my dad, you'd understand that this was said with great love) I told him I would, and I have and do still. She has alzheimers and it's getting worse all the time. It's hard seeing her degrade and knowing that one day she won't be in my life.

I do know how hard this must be for you and how much your heart aches. I take comfort in knowing that I am half my dad and half my mom and that they actually live through me. So by me living after they're gone, I will keep them alive. I hope you can also take some comfort in this. Your mother is alive in you, in every fiber of your being. You were made and formed inside her, you started life as a part of her, and you will always be part of her.

The thing that will make her most happy is knowing that you will continue to live your life, be a good man, be happy, and remember her often.

May God Bless and Keep you, may He comfort you and heal you're heart.

If you need anyone to talk to, please feel free to pm me anytime.