Celebration of Liberty Presented by TGO, Outpost Armory and Barrett Firearms

Read the first post in this thread and then vote.  

136 members have voted

1. 1. Read the first post in this thread and then vote.

• YES -- You can absolutely count on me being there
    • NO -- A meeting of this nature would be of no interest to me whatsoever

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
David, if I'm free that date in October, I'd be there for sure.

I do about a dozen big seminars a year, so I'm glad to donate the use of a very professional A/V system and a podium. We could use it for music, if desired, and/or speakers. I'll haul it and set it up. It'll fill several acres with sound, so however big this turns out to be will be fine.

Very cool. I'll mention that during the next planning meeting. :popcorn:

• 2 weeks later...
  • Administrator

Folks, I apologize for not having more to say until now. Suffice it to say that the nature of this event and the fact that we are trying to involve so many important political figures and other Honored Guests has made the initial logistics of just choosing a firm date for the event a bit challenging.

The good news is... you can now ink this onto your calendar!

Celebration Of Liberty

Saturday, October 17, 2009 - Christiana, Tennessee

Presented by: TNGunOwners.com, The Outpost Armory and Barrett Firearms, Inc.

I wish that I could go ahead and rattle off the list of people that we are working hard at getting a commitment for attendance from, but I'm not yet at liberty to do so. Let me just say that the list of people has me giddy as it involves some folks who are heroes of mine for their stance on 2nd Amendment issues over the years. I think you will all be very pleased and equally excited once we start posting these details.

I have had a series of meetings now with Chris Barrett and other key players and we are all extremely pumped about this event. It should be made clear that it's not about promoting any one vendor or manufacturer, but about promoting the preservation of the 2nd Amendment and putting all of us as voting, gun owning constituents, in front of our elected representatives and vice versa.

Of course none of this would be possible without the hard work and backing of the event's two primary sponsors (The Outpost Armory and Barrett Firearms) but they themselves emphasize during every meeting that this is not about them, but about our Constitutional rights and about motivating and mobilizing the voters.

Top notch people all the way around.

I hope these little teasers are keeping you as excited as they are me. :D

• Administrator
awesome! count me in now

can other acquaintances or friends be invited or is it TGO members only?

Invite as many people as you can. Radio spots will probably start appearing the closer we get to this, so we're trying to get the word out there. :D

I will bite second, :)

It is doubtful I would come, but not from lack of interest. It is just not feasible with what is already planned for the summer and my vacation time.

Thats why I did not vote. It interests me, just ain't happening.

Dude! It's in October; not the summer. :D

Guest JHatmaker

Man, would love to attend this, but will be in Tuscaloosa that weekend (Alabama's Homecoming). I'll be thinking of you guys though. This sounds like it will be a great time. If something does happen to come up, count me in. But most likely I'll be cheering for the Tide that weekend...

• Administrator
Man, would love to attend this, but will be in Tuscaloosa that weekend (Alabama's Homecoming). I'll be thinking of you guys though. This sounds like it will be a great time. If something does happen to come up, count me in. But most likely I'll be cheering for the Tide that weekend...

Not that this is not planned to be an annual event, but c'mon... seriously? If you knew half of what I know already from our planning sessions, you'd skip the game. :D

Guest Bronker
Is anyone going to be banned for saying something the hosts don't like during dinner?

:)

Not sure about the answer to that, but given the nature of the conference, and the.uniting features of the attendees, I'm pretty sure the 'guff' will be tolerated at minimum. The security detail ought to be adequate as well...

I'll be there. May dance on tables if I get all hopped up on Mt. Dew! Don't taze me, bro!

:usa:

Looking at the site on Google Earth the parking lot appears like it may be a tad small for much of a turn out. Is the adjoining field available for overflow parking for a heavier vehicle such as a motor home?

thanks,

oldogy

Looking at the site on Google Earth the parking lot appears like it may be a tad small for much of a turn out. Is the adjoining field available for overflow parking for a heavier vehicle such as a motor home?

thanks,

oldogy

and or Urban Assault Vehicle/Tank?