Offering one free Duracoat refinish to a worn and weary Glock

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Administrator
I'd want mine Big Orange!!! ... if I owned one. Good luck with this work.

Maybe you could post a pic or two of what you've done so far .. or point us to a link where you've already posted some.

I'll collect some photos and post them. We've decided to go with Norrell's Moly Resin finish on both JHatmaker's Glock and on Daniel's SIG. I wanted to make sure that the finish would be extremely durable and Norrell's is a bit different than Duracoat.

It's also a little more involved in terms of prep and expense, but I think the results will be awesome. :chill:

Jason's Glock slide will be media blasted and then coated with their satin Stainless finish. Daniel's SIG will likewise be media blasted and then have the frame coated in Flat Desert Tan and the slide in Flat Black.

Per their web site... Norrell's product is currently used by the sub-contractors that manufacture US SOCOM products for H&K and the U.S. Military such as the sound suppressor for the H&K Mark 23 SOCOM .45 Cal. pistol used by the Navy Seals and Special Forces. It is also used by a number of firearm manufacturers.

• Administrator
Dang I wish I was home for this. :rolleyes: My P6 could really use a new finish.

Get your butt back here in one piece without Kim Duck Dong or whatever his name is lobbing nukes at you first, and I'll be happy to take care of that P6 for you. :D

Get your butt back here in one piece without Kim Duck Dong or whatever his name is lobbing nukes at you first, and I'll be happy to take care of that P6 for you. :P

Awesome! That's a deal.

Except for the nukes part. I mean, I kinda hope he does nuke me. Everyone knows nuclear waste gives people super powers. Imagine what a nuclear BOMB would do! I would end up with like, SUPER super powers!

Shiiiiiet, I would be like all of the X-Men rolled into one! Except I wouldn't get my head cut off and fall into the cooling tower at the end. Then, I would almost be as cool as you, but I still wouldn't be able to fight myself like you do. You would still be the coolest. :D

And kidding aside, thanks man. That is a very generous offer. :rolleyes:

• Administrator
Awesome! That's a deal.

Except for the nukes part. I mean, I kinda hope he does nuke me. Everyone knows nuclear waste gives people super powers. Imagine what a nuclear BOMB would do! I would end up with like, SUPER super powers!

Shiiiiiet, I would be like all of the X-Men rolled into one! Except I wouldn't get my head cut off and fall into the cooling tower at the end. Then, I would almost be as cool as you, but I still wouldn't be able to fight myself like you do. You would still be the coolest. :P

And kidding aside, thanks man. That is a very generous offer. :D

We'll have to change your username to "JustaSUPERguy" at that point. :rolleyes:

• 2 weeks later...