Official Thread for TN House / Senate Override of HB0962 Gubernatorial Veto

Guest HexHead

• Replies 948
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sec334

I received an e-mail from Sen. Overbey stating he will be voting to overturn the veto of HB 962.

I thought he would since he was on the committee to begin with. Still, I wanted my voice heard.

i got a response back from Rep. Flyod. im pretty sure this one was typed by him and not one of those auto letterheads.

cleardot.giffromcleardot.gif Richard Floyd <rep.richard.floyd@capitol.tn.gov> hide details 7:00 PM (2 hours ago)

to cleardot.gifme <cadillacdude1975@gmail.com>

datecleardot.gif Wed, Jun 3, 2009 at 7:00 PMsubjectcleardot.gifRE: HB0962 override

cleardot.gifReply

cleardot.gif

Thank you for your support !!!

Rep. Richard Floyd

I just sent Curry an e-mail. Told him lunch was on me :up:

I called his office and spoke with Lisa.

Had a real good talk and even some laughs.

Told her just wanted to let Rep Todd know that I really appreciated all the work he did on this and the patience to see it through.

Told her just wanted to let Rep Todd know that I really appreciated all the work he did on this and the patience to see it through.

He is definitely one of the coolest guys lol

They see me moddin, they hatin, they tryin to catch me postin dirty.

You are on fire today lol

Yea it never ceases to amaze me how many people will just log in and start a thread...6 hours later.

"In Breaking News President Lincoln was assassinated today! The hunt for the killer continues..."

Guest SUNTZU
Say what? I must really be getting old. :up:

Its a rap song that used to be played non freaking stop on the radio. My neighborhood generally had this playing from four or five different radios up and down the street. Here's the song played to the video of cops chasing an 18 wheeler.

Safe for work. I seriously wouldn't subject yourself to all eight minutes, but this will give you the gist of the song.

YouTube - They See Me Rollin' They Hatin'

Guest db99wj

He is definitely one of the coolest guys lol

He sent me a text a little while ago, "We have override of the veto"

Sent back "Outstanding. Thanks for your hard work"

He sent back "You are welcome"

Can you see him texting? He's not the "texting" type to me! LOL!

Its a rap song that used to be played non freaking stop on the radio.

I guess that explains why I never heard it before. You're right, I couldn't possibly subject myself to the entire eight minutes. I'd rather listen to an Obama speech. Well, maybe not.

While I don't wish anyone ill will, I also won't ever be eating at The Sunset Grill owned by Mr. Rayburn, where ever it is.

Well then, add Cabana and Midtown Cafe to the list run by him as well.

Not to worry, he won't have it correctly posted anyhow.

Guest SUNTZU
I guess that explains why I never heard it before. You're right, I couldn't possibly subject myself to the entire eight minutes. I'd rather listen to an Obama speech. Well, maybe not.

Come hang out in my neighborhood, you'll LOVE it. God I can't wait to move.

Guest HexHead
Well then, add Cabana and Midtown Cafe to the list run by him as well.

Not to worry, he won't have it correctly posted anyhow.

I'm sure many will make a big deal about it and then purposely post improperly. Keeps the sheep happy and not giving them crap, and knowing permit holders carrying concealed will ignore it and they don't lose any business.

I'm sure many will make a big deal about it and then purposely post improperly. Keeps the sheep happy and not giving them crap, and knowing permit holders carrying concealed will ignore it and they don't lose any business.

Good point!

Guest tn-dave

Does anyone mind posting the "thank you" e-mail they sent to a Rep..?? I would like to copy/paste and send one to my rep also. My wife is the writer in the family

Guest Doc44

What are the criteria for properly posting..

size, color, location(s), wording???

Doc44

Edited by Doc44
Guest Phantom6
Come hang out in my neighborhood, you'll LOVE it. God I can't wait to move.

Moving? Moving? And leave that little slice of heaven you call home?

"Movin' on up

(Movin' on up)

to the east side

(Movin' on up)

We've finely got our piece of the pie"

:lol::rofl::bat:

got a response last night from Bo Watson.

Bo Watson

to me

show details 10:46 PM (9 hours ago)

cleardot.gifReply

cleardot.gif

Vote is planned for tomorrow. I have supported this legislation on 2 previous occasions. I have been provided no additional information at this point that has changed my position.

Bo

The Tennessean on line this morning states that it takes 40 days for the law to become effective. Giving a date of mid-July before restaurant carry is legal. Does anyone know if this is factual or does it go into effect upon the signitures of both of the speakers?

Guest HexHead
The Tennessean on line this morning states that it takes 40 days for the law to become effective. Giving a date of mid-July before restaurant carry is legal. Does anyone know if this is factual or does it go into effect upon the signitures of both of the speakers?

Yeah, WTF????

The law was to have gone into effect June 1, but previous opinions from the state attorney general called for a 40-day window between passage of a new law and its effective date.

That means the law will go into effect in mid-July if the Senate overrides.

Did those previous opinions apply to laws that already has an effective date that had been passed? Anyone got enough pull to get clarification on this?