Ammo containers / Storage

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can anybody recommend some good ammo storage boxes? I have one of those military ammo boxes and I really like how tight the seal is on it, but I can't seem to find any where that sells them.

I know Plano makes some but the seal isn't tight at all.

Any suggestions?

You can usually find the military surplus ammo cans at gun shows. They are the best for storage. If there are any Army surplus stores around they usually have some. There used to be one around the Vandy area.

If you are ever through Crossville C&C Surplus right off the interstate ususally has a bunch in all sizes.

Athens is a drive, but thanks for the heads up. I'll check out the store in Castilian springs. Thanks!

Let me know when you decide to head up, I may stop by myself. I've been meaning to go in and look around, just haven't done it yet.

25mm plastic military ammo cans. Best dang ammo cans I've ever come across. I bought one at a Military Surplus place in FL about 15 years ago. Found out how much I liked it, then could never find them again. Open at either end, all "plastic" (seemed to be somewhat like phenolic material), good rubber seals. Well, I happened by the Gun Show at the Fairgrounds in Nashville on Saturday, and lo and behold, one of the vendors had about 20 of these. I purchased 2, and these are even nicer than the one I found 15 years ago ($12 each). The vendor said they hadn't seen these in quite some time, yet received a few, and were interested in what I used them for (well, ammo, of course). But I've also used the one I had for 15 yrs. for tool storage, etc. I actually saw a posting on the internet about how someone used this exact ammo can to make an "indestructible" X-Box apparatus for their X-Box machine.

My 2 cents.......

There's a surplus store in Castalian Springs that should have some. It's at the junction of Hwy 25 and Hwy 231. I drove by a week or two ago and they were unloading a trailer full of them. Not sure on prices.

This place has the best selection of sizes (12 to 15) that I have ever seen in public. His price were good and the cans were like new. I bought the large 30MM cans.

Like Westwindmike said The Realoaders bench usualy has them though I was there last week & they were out of the .50 cal. They usualy have a good price on them too.

They still had plenty of the .30 cal cans though.

Since you are in Hermitage this would be a first stop.

FYI there's a surplus in Cookeville, can't remember the name, off Willow & 4th (maybe 5th?) near the hospital & tech. They have a good stock of clean cans, little to no rust, .30 cal $6, .50 cal $8, and various other sizes.

I bought several.

Guest Sherman A. House
The Outpost on the other side of Murfreesboro usually has a few. I would call before I made the drive for just ammo cans.

We have a stack of them, right near the cash register.