Regal Cinema not lawfully posted?

I thought I had heard that Regal Cinemas were posted. A couple of weeks ago I went to the one downtown and could not find a sign at all. Tonight I went again and while standing in line I noticed a very small decal in the window. About halfway down was the gun and slash with two short lines of text that was so small I couldn't read it even when standing right in front of it. What gives? Has anyone seen a lawfully posted Regal?

Glenn:popcorn:

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 year later...
Guest President Fernatt

Regals do have the little gunbuster signs which are legal from what I have gathered. Do they really think people are going to watch a midnight movie in knoxville, get out at 1a.m., walk down an alley way and find their car in a dark parking garage without carrying?!? Too many crack heads around to stick to that little gun slash symbol. Carry it concealed well enough and keep the mouth quiet. Shouldn't be any problems

Guest President Fernatt

True Story. Regal usually keeps a tiny one at the ticket counter instead of a visible one on every main entrance. If I purchase tickets online then go straight inside without passing ticket counter and gunbuster sign... "how ever could I have known" :)

Guest President Fernatt
When this thread was active a year and a half ago, gunbusters sign alone was not conforming. Now it is.

- OS

Oh okay, thanks. It still has to be clearly visible at all main entrances though correct?

Guest President Fernatt

So you are both very experienced members...I just joined. Am I not supposed to post in a thread that has been inactive in a while? I mean, obviously people view it and respond because you folks did. Is it against site rules to post on old threads? If so, I apologize...

So you are both very experienced members...I just joined. Am I not supposed to post in a thread that has been inactive in a while? I mean, obviously people view it and respond because you folks did. Is it against site rules to post on old threads? If so, I apologize...

post on anything you like. being new here, you will not only find a wealth of info from these guys, but will find that lots of them are big cut ups as well. I have enjoyed this forum since I joined and had the pleasure of meeting some of these guys at shows, shoots, etc. I would suggest you try and do the same. And FWIW, you will know before long which one's to ignore around here...........

It's not against any rules, but you do need to be aware that if the subject has something to do with carry laws, things may have changed since the thread was started that invalidates some or even all of the information you find there at it's beginning.

Am I not supposed to post in a thread that has been inactive in a while?

Of course you can, it's just that as Jamie mentioned, though, the law had changed in the 18 months since the original posts in this thread and yours, and I thought that relevant to mention.

Oh okay, thanks. It still has to be clearly visible at all main entrances though correct?

Statute says notices "shall be of a size that is plainly visible to the average person".

Your or my interpretation of that phrase is not as important as a LEO's or judge's, though.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot

I've seen people "called out" for not checking to see it there was already an open thread on a topic, but seldom seen any objections to bringing back the oldies. I took that to mean that what you did is preferred over starting a new thread...just my 2 cents worth.

I've seen people "called out" for not checking to see it there was already an open thread on a topic, but seldom seen any objections to bringing back the oldies. I took that to mean that what you did is preferred over starting a new thread...just my 2 cents worth.

Generally I think you are correct.

But many still like to point out the amount of time between last post and ressurection....lol

Guest President Fernatt

"Think about it", I searched for Regal and found this thread, it was older and more established with more comments so I found it appropriate. Your two cents is encouraging!

and "Fall Guy", I'm liking those quotes in your signature!