Legislators say Kazemi should not have been able to buy a gun

Guest HexHead
+1

Also, keep in mind 2010 is an election year, who in their right mind is going to support any form of gun registration next year? Talk about upsetting some voters... No way you get NRA approval voting for that bill.

I can't believe "the hat" is concerned about her "NRA rating". LOLOLOL

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest HexHead
Seems strange that you can legally buy a handgun from a private citizen if you are over 18 but under 21, but you can't buy one from a FFL. Maybe we SHOULD change the law....to allow anyone 18+ be able to buy a handgun from a dealer or a private citizen!

The over 21 from an FFL is federal law. They issue the FFL .

Interesting, but true. Federal law (national and state combined) says you must be 21 to purchase a handgun from an FFL dealer, but state law says you cannot sell a handgun, FFL or private, to a minor (18). As Fallguy has noted, someone younger can possess a handgun with appropriate (i.e., adult) supervision.

As I said on another forum, Samson had his hair cut while he was asleep...it could just as have easily been his throat.

Reread fallguy's post:

A licensed dealer can not sell one to anyone under 21, but it is legal in a private transaction. That is the whole purpose of this thread....a lawmaker wants to make it illegal. Read the first post where the ATF agent said it is legal.

And looking it up all the websites I found said it was not illegal in TN to sell a handgun to someone under 21, but 18+ in a private sale.

Matthew

Guest HexHead
"Harper wondered if the outcome would have been different had stricter laws been in place"

Well I wonder if the outcome would have been different if he hadn't been cheating on his wife.

It wasn't his cheating on his wife that got him killed. It was his cheating on his mistress. :)

Guest HexHead
Reread fallguy's post:

And looking it up all the websites I found said it was not illegal in TN to sell a handgun to someone under 21, but 18+ in a private sale.

Matthew

Once I saw it was a legal sale according to the Brady website, I didn't need to look any further. LOLOLOLOL

Guest HexHead
You mean you'd take the Brady Bunch's word over anyone here?! :):D

That was before we discussed it here. :death:

I was looking for something to refute one of the morons commenting in the Tennessean, and I KNEW they wouldn't dispute Brady as a source. LOLOLOLOL

Reread fallguy's post:

Matthew

I was agreeing with Fallguy. ?

I'm pretty sure it is illegal to purchase or possess a handgun if you are under 21.

....and you'd be wrong. That has been widely discussed in another thread.

A licensed dealer can not sell one to anyone under 21, but it is legal in a private transaction. That is the whole purpose of this thread....a lawmaker wants to make it illegal. Read the first post where the ATF agent said it is legal.

I stand corrected and educated.:screwy:

isn't buying a handgun with the intent to use the gun to break the law illegal to begin with?

Only if we start legislating thought crime, Mike.

Seen Minority Report?

Illegal to try and buy a gun if you can't legally own one, maybe that's what you're thinking of.

- OS

isn't buying a handgun with the intent to use the gun to break the law illegal to begin with?

Yes. If you can prove one act in furtherance. She committed conspiracy to commit murder when she bought the gun. But since she is dead it is a moot point.

Guest HexHead
Yes. If you can prove one act in furtherance. She committed conspiracy to commit murder when she bought the gun. But since she is dead it is a moot point.

We don't know that this was premeditated. She was advised to get a gun since she was living alone in Hermitage. We don't know what transpired over the next 36 hours or so to make that call.

They may have had a big fight about breaking up when he got back from the bars Friday night and he might have told her they'd finish it in the morning.

I had a similar thing happen, getting home one night and telling my then fiancee it was over, we argued about it and I tried to get some sleep as I had too much to drink on the plane. Luckily, she didn't shoot me, just punched me in the head. And the evening really spiraled down from there.

guys lets be real... Steve had guns she could have borrowed. She was selling just about everything she had on craigslist because she was tight on money and it was going to get tighter.

I dont see her going out and spending the money on a gun unless she planned on useing it.

I don't think Steve would let her borrow a gun, well if he was smart he wouldn't.

I didn't know she was selling stuff on craigslist. Guess she blames Steve for leading her on and causing her money problems

Guest HexHead
guys lets be real... Steve had guns she could have borrowed. She was selling just about everything she had on craigslist because she was tight on money and it was going to get tighter.

I dont see her going out and spending the money on a gun unless she planned on useing it.

Or she was selling her furniture because in her snake infested head she thought she was going to be moving into his downtown condo?

How much financial trouble could a 20 year old girl be in? I mean McNair cared enough about her to jointly have a vehicle with her (for whatever reason). Her debt would have been gum money for him. Something isn’t right there.

Guest HexHead
How much financial trouble could a 20 year old girl be in? I mean McNair cared enough about her to jointly have a vehicle with her (for whatever reason). Her debt would have been gum money for him. Something isn’t right there.

They reported she was making the payments on her Escalade, apparently he only co-signed so she could get the loan. She wasn't able to sell her Kia yet, so she was still making payments on that and her roommate at the apt. in Hermitage was moving out, essentially doubling her rent.

She was probably thinking she'd move out of the apt. too and moving into McNair's condo.

She wasn't too bright. She's paying on a Kia and an Escalade. Any smart gold digger get's the money from their sugar daddy/mama

She could had let the Escalade fall behind and get repo'd they would have came after McNair for that payment...

The condo….

We keep seeing talk that McNair and this other guy lived there. But when this first went down I saw a report that this other guy owned the building and lived in a different condo in it. They said McNair would stay in this condo sometimes when he was in town. It sounds to me like this guy kept a party pad for his high roller friends. I’m not saying there is anything wrong with that, but it didn’t sound like either him or McNair lived there.

The car deal doesn’t make sense either. You don’t co-sign a note on an Escalade for your waitress girlfriend unless you are going to make sure the payments are made.

The Kia part made me laugh… I mean come on, he could autograph the dash on that thing and it would be gone in a day. How much can a Kia cost? :2cents:

im starting to wonder if Steve knew he co signed for that truck... he might have just been with her when she bought it and she might have doen some monkey buisness with his signiture.

She told her family he gave it to her as a birthday present... seems she was living in her own little world.