Russian SKS I couldn't pass up...

Guest 70below

Guest 70below

While traveling through Kentucky this past week, I stopped at a local gun shop and saw a couple Russian SKS's for sale on consignment. Both came with the original distributors box, accessories and were in unfired condition.

I saw this one though and was in love, it has the Russian red finish on original hardwood stock (features all the proper cartouches, inspector stamps, and serial number). Numbers match and its not been arsenal refinished! Truly a new gun!

sks_right.jpg

sks_cart3.jpg

Edited by 70below
  • Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 70below

Lol....I'm going to resist the urge to shoot this one as long as possible.......(note that I said I'm going to resist....not that I wasn't :) )

Nice find. Join us at Survivor's SKS Forums

Great looking SKS you've got there! It's in a bit better condition than mine.

love the SKS boards... users over there are helping me troubleshoot my 1954 Russian. I purchased mine a few months ago, I fell in love with it on sight, but it's got "too nice" of a trigger... after narrowing it down it looks like my hammer spring is causing many of the misfire issues I am having with russian ammo. I've got an original spring on order. Many people clip coils out of them or replace them with Wolf low power springs and this can cause problems with Wolf and some of the other cheap ammo with harder primers. Otherwise it's a great gun and pretty damn accurate shooting clay pigeons on a berm at 50 yards. I've never put it on a rest or anything.

Guest 70below

I traded off a Russian about two years back, that I bought about 15 years ago. It sure feels good to have replaced it with one I can be proud of.

I did get a pretty decent price on it, nothing spectacular, but considering the condition and the market, I'm very happy with it.

Guest tnpanscraper

I was with him when he bought it... I'm jealous.... The photos don't do it justice....

For future info, I have dibs on it if/when he goes to sell it...lol...:blush:

In my personal opinion, yes, but others may have a different view. A major reason why though is the history and originality of it.

I haven't seen a Russian model, I've had several Chineese Norinco's, all shot great. I take it that the Russian models are pretty hard to find.

Guest SUNTZU
I traded off a Russian about two years back, that I bought about 15 years ago. It sure feels good to have replaced it with one I can be proud of.

I did get a pretty decent price on it, nothing spectacular, but considering the condition and the market, I'm very happy with it.

I can't believe no one has made any remarks about this post. :D

That is a very nice find, 70below.

Guest tnpanscraper

I was drooling over the gun at the store....The photos just don't tell the story....

I had a Russian about 12 years ago or so. I've regretted selling it ever since...

70below has excellent taste in weaponry. But don't tell him I said that cause it will go to his head... And none of us need that!:D

Guest 70below
I haven't seen a Russian model, I've had several Chineese Norinco's, all shot great. I take it that the Russian models are pretty hard to find.

They're not uncommon, just desirable, and haven't been imported in quite a while.

I've got a Russian and never had a single issue with it. Mine has the acceptance stamp much like yours. Mine's a '54. Did you get a sling, cleaning kit, and the oil bottle with it? I've heard they come with the oiling kit, but I've never seen them.

Its got the sling, butt stock cleaning kit, and standard two head oil bottle.

Guest 70below

Originally Posted by 70below viewpost.gif

I can't believe no one has made any remarks about this post. ;)

That is a very nice find, 70below.

Probably didn't come out as I meant it........ ;)