Bug out vehicles

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I’m too old to run, so unless it’s a Tornado I’ll be standing my ground.

Anyone that lives in Murfreesboro knows it’s a traffic mess on a good day. :(

So I wouldn’t get much past my driveway anyway.

But I do have a motorcycle and a Suburban if I need it.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been toying with the idea of selling my current truck and getting a late 60's-early 70's Bronco (either restored or original).

I've always loved those trucks and they are great platforms to build into anything from a street ride to a rock crawler.

• 2 weeks later...

has anybody else thought about a mt. bike as a BOV?

I just picked up my first mt. bike from a local bike store. I got a GT Outpost with an XL sized frame (about a 24" frame).

I'm looking at adding some Panniers and other bikepacking* equipment when the cash flow allows for it.

I think it'd be a good idea to have something like this, especially if your primary BOV goes down, it'd be a good back up before you would have to set out on foot.

here is a pic of my new mt. bike.

GTOutpostmtnbike.jpg

*bikepacking: Backpacking with a bike...

has anybody else thought about a mt. bike as a BOV?

I just picked up my first mt. bike from a local bike store. I got a GT Outpost with an XL sized frame (about a 24" frame).

I'm looking at adding some Panniers and other bikepacking* equipment when the cash flow allows for it.

I think it'd be a good idea to have something like this, especially if your primary BOV goes down, it'd be a good back up before you would have to set out on foot.

here is a pic of my new mt. bike.

GTOutpostmtnbike.jpg

*bikepacking: Backpacking with a bike...

I've been mountain biking competively for about 10 years. I can't imagine a better way to cover a lot of ground quietly through the woods than on a mountain bike. Requires no fuel and minimal mechanical knowledge to fix about anything than can go wrong. My mountain bike is very tactical since it's black:

Yeti Cycles // Ride Driven

It's really a little to light and racy for a true BOV but I would definitely toss it on the roof rack (and my wife's bike too) if we were getting out of dodge in a hurry. We also have a trailer that I can pull my son in. Some of my cycling friends don't know whey I'm interested in guns and lots of gun guys may think cycling is a little wierd but the way I see it they both would help one be more self-sufficient in case of natural disaster etc...

I'm a newbie with shooting and I think my wife is hoping I don't spend as much time and money on the hobby as I have with cycling. At one time I had 7 fully functional high end bikes.