Hats Off To Your Wife

Guest KarlS

Think I'm :D starting a thread about wifes? Not. To all you gun nuts and hunting junkies that are married you know what I mean. How am I gonna get this gun by my wife? How can I explain the money? I've already been hunting 5 days this week but I want to go 7. Then there is beer time. Another story. This is hats off to my wife. She's put up with my outdoor addictions for 23 years.

Just recently I have bought eight guns in the last two months...and she told me I should buy every one of them! I'm kind of scratching my head at this one but I won't tell her to stop.

It's hunting season...Her only stipulation is not how often I go but meat in the freezer. I have hunted as much a 5 months a year, physically gone, with very few complaints.

I decided to marry her when I was butchering a deer on a cold day outside and she asked me why I was doing it outside? Well where else would I do it? She said on the kitchen table! I had the deer laid out on the table within minutes before she changed her mind!

It takes a good woman to put up with us dopes so hats off to your wife.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My wife goes to Wally World 2 or 3 times a week for various things. Unless she's in a rush for some reason, she'll stop by sporting goods and check for the federal 9mm fmj they sometimes have. She comes home and says "Wally World had some 9mm today so I got you some, want me to put it with the rest?"

This may not mean much to some guys but it does to me. You see, I don't own a gun that uses 9mm and she knows it. She also knows it's hard to find and that I want a sigma 9ve for my next gun. A supportive wife is a gift from God imho.

The Marines ain't got nothing on us few, the proud, the guys that married ladies that want us to do this stuff! Mine did the same thing this year, "hunt all you want, just make sure the freezer is full at the end".

I got to get busy fulfilling my end of the bargain but 2nd to None was this weekend and it gets top billing. She's cool with that too!

Guest snowduck

My wife was not much on guns till after we were married. She knew how much i enjoyed them that for our 5 wedding anniversary she asked for one of her own. She now owns 3 a Browning B-80 20ga shotgun, Lady Rossi 38, and Ruger 10/22. She has now been shoping for Christmas for our 3 children (looking at guns).HATS OFF TO ALL THE WIVES !!!

I just finished teaching my wife how to clean her gun for the first time (just got her a Buckmark for her birthday). She loved it. She loves shooting, and if that wasn't great enough, she just asked me: "Can I help clean all the guns from now on? You know I'm a perfectionist and this is a blast. I might need help the first couple of times but I really would have fun cleaning them even when I don't go shoot." WOW!!!

It was really a great time teaching her (probably because she loves guns, and loves to learn about them... well most of the time). But seriously, I must have the best wife in the world... and she's a damn good shot too. :D

Guest Gun Geek

Agreed, I am glad mine has no problem with any of this stuff, I buy guns as I want/need them, she supports me in my beliefs and our rights. She has her own pistol and wants another one although she does not have her carry permit yet. Cant find a good reliable sitter for us to get her to the range for some practice.

She doesnt mind it when I clean my guns on the living room floor (although I get in trouble for using the "good" rags) while watching TV, she puts up with my gun accessories being just about in every room. To top it off we have got our three year old little girl into guns and shooting. The little one's favorite is an AK firing as fast as it can, she just laughs. She also likes to help me sort brass and clean guns. I have some pics of that.

Also she does attend these 2A events and shoots with me on occasion, usually with enthusiasm, even though she is not as into it as I am. I am deffinately greatful she is not like some who deny their husbands the pleaseure of shooting sports. As mentioned in the other thread, Man I love my spouse.

my soon to be wife goes shooting with me and wants to start hunting this year, she has never complained about me hunting, buying guns, or shooting, she is honestly the best thing in my life beside my two kids. ( now the ex wife was a horror about absolutely everything, thats why she is the X...)

I have a GOOD one too, she asked me the other day just how many guns do you have? I said I'm not sure that I would have to sit down and count them, really I know but just said that. Then I told her, she said nothing. I told her there was a few more that I wanted, she said well what ever I need. I said I don't NEED any more, it was that I just wanted some more. All she said was what ever makes you happy. Got to love her for that.:rant:

My wife ROCKS !!! The other night I had my deer rifle out cleaning it.

She said "what's that"

I said "a rifle I picked up today, Can you believe it cost $2700.00" which was a lie.

She said "Cool rifle" Never batted an eye.

Gotta love that !!!!

Oh man that's good! I'd worry. Silence can be deadly! Maybe she is coming home with a $2700.00 gift to herself. Keep your eyes open on the CC receipts.:rant:

Guest nokomom

I love reading about your great wives, but I have to pipe in on this one.

I HAVE A GREAT HUSBAND. Yep, a fantastic one.

I'm way more of a gun nut than he is. I want to get back into hunting (I love it) and am going to try to get him into it. Last night, I wanted to go look at Bass Pro for a basic synthetic stock .270 for deer season. Well, I just had to buy a TN Hunting magazine...and I wanted to look for new camo...and I just had to explain to him how I'll be more than happy to teach him how to gut and skin a deer! (He told me that all the scents stuff was like tricking the deer. He'll learn!) He had to drag me out of there. ;)

He puts up with me and is a wonderful man. I married a Yank from NY and even though he doesn't understand all of my excitement about hunting, he is patient, acts mostly interested, and goes along for the ride most of the time. He even read a few articles from the hunting mags that I showed him. He DID tell me he was uninterested in watching hunting dvds, but I'm workin' on him!

• 2 weeks later...
Guest nokoDAD

Well I woke up this afternoon after working a midnight shift last night to find my wife on the front porch enjoying today's awesome weather. Im sitting outside with her reading the news and drinking coffee while she cleans her gun from yesterdays range visit. I just happen to glance over and notice she has finished hers and has moved on to mine(without me asking). I don't think I have ever cleaned it nearly as well she has just done. Kuddos to my wife!

I'm way more of a gun nut than he is. I want to get back into hunting (I love it) and am going to try to get him into it. Last night, I wanted to go look at Bass Pro for a basic synthetic stock .270 for deer season. Well, I just had to buy a TN Hunting magazine...and I wanted to look for new camo...and I just had to explain to him how I'll be more than happy to teach him how to gut and skin a deer! (He told me that all the scents stuff was like tricking the deer. He'll learn!) He had to drag me out of there. :cool:

Good for you. Great to hear from the other side too. A woman with gun AND hunting experience is rare and valuable. Your husband should definately watch hunting DVD's with you!