Guest jps37033

Your opinion of the Millenium Series  

68 members have voted

1. 1. Your opinion of the Millenium Series

• Sucks
    • Great
    • So-So

Guest jps37033

I am torn with the Millenum series. I hear so many mixed reviews with them. They just fit my hand perfect. They now have 3 generations from what I can tell. Please rate your experience with the Taurus Millenium line. Thanks

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As you have seen, opinions vary widely on Taurus handguns; mostly the two extremes--love them or hate them. I've owned 7 to date and still have three. Of those, 3 have been from the Millenium line-a 1st generation PT-145, a 2nd gen PT145, and a 2nd gen PT140 MilPro. I can honestly say I had no issues with any of them. The 1st gen 145 had the best trigger of all owned with the 2nd gen 145 being the most accurate of the three. All three were easy to shoot with I thought, little recoil from a small gun. A PT145 was my carry until I discovered the xd9sc, but that's another story.

I won't say they are the best thing since the wheel, but I found them to be a very good quality at a more than reasonable price. Check out the site Taurus Semiautos for ratings and info from Taurus owners.

All in all, I like them a lot and after firing 400/500 rounds thru one to break in and decide which ammo is best for you, I wouldn't be afraid to carry one; let alone buy one. I'm far from an expert on handguns, but if you'd like to ask me about any Taurus I've owned, just ask and I'll send my email address. I seem to be having problems with the pm system here.

Guest FortyFive2Life

We have the PT145 Mill Pro and PT111 Mill Pro, both 3rd gen guns.

My ONLY complaint is the Heine sights, I don't shoot well with them...but others love them. Some come with Novak sights I believe. My wife shoots the lights out with the PT111, and does well with the PT145 too. They are smooth, light, and so far have been flawless.

I estimate I've fired about 700 trouble free rounds from the PT145, and I'm not quite sure how many my wife has put through the PT111. Personally I believe the firearms could sell for more than they do. I have heard of a few people with problems with their Mill Pros, but it seems to be a very small minority. Happens with every gun manufacturer, and it's hard to tell how much is user error (not cleaning the firearm first, etc) and what is actually defect.

Check out Taurusarmed.net, they have a lot of PT Mill Pro owners that would be happy to share their experiences with ya.

Edited by FortyFive2Life
spelling and to add info :)

I had a PT145 Mil Pro and same as you, it felt great in my hand. It shot everything I put through it except Blazer brass.There was nothing wrong with it but I was never crazy about the trigger so I ended up selling it. Some you just like better than others and I had several compacts and sub compacts so I let it go. It seems to be one of the more complicated hand guns to take down but after doing it a few time it is not a big deal. I was also not crazy about the weight of a loaded .45. The guy who bought it is very happy with it so I can't say anything was wrong with the gun.

Guest benchpresspower

I like mine alot. Only beef is that if you are someone with large hands, it might not fit too well. I got the 6 shot Millenium. The wife loves it and will be carrying it once she gets her hcp.

I had a 140mil pro and it did just fine. i recently bought a xdm and gave it to my father so he would have a compact carry gun. I also gave it to him when my 85ul cam back from repair. Taurus did replace my gun when they couldnt repair it but it took over 9 weeks to get it back. but all in all the little 40 shot great for what it was...ITS NOT a target gun

I had a PT-11 Milenium Pro, Generation 3 9mm. I did a lot of research before buying mine, and after. Most all I read was that there were issues with gen and 2, but not hardly any systemic ones with the gen 3. Then there was a version marketed for Commiefornia (the one that came wiwith the 10 rd mags), that the was sold by Sports Academy here, that even the Taurus customer service guy in Miami told me to stay away from, lol. I liked mine but didnt think it very accurate except a very close range...but the main reason i sold it was the size...I wanted a full size 9mm and a pocket size 9mm..the 111 was not really my idea of a full size high cap gun, nor did it fir well in my pocket. Good gun overall though.

I have a PT145 that I carry daily - no problems whatsoever. I think it's a great gun, especially for the money.

The only issue I have with the gun is that I can't find night sights for it - I don't much like the Heine sights.

I bought a used PT745, poor guy need money "lost job" I shot it when he bought it over a year ago, he asked 100, needed to pay light bill. Hey I've been blessed in so many ways, I went down an paid his light bill, he came up an brought me the gun, I said no, buy he kept on, so I gave him 200 more for it. Too many people are tak'n advantage of those who are having hard times. I told him when he gets on his feet he can have it back for the same amount. The gun... shoots everything, grip is a little narrow for me , fits my wifes hand great, she shoots it very well, recoil is very close to the same as my Mil-Spec, sights stink, hate those figure 8 sights!!!! Like having a thumb safety!!! Would I buy a new one, YES, but the PT145, wider grip would fit my hand better, more rds, 10. Carry for CCW, YES, the 3rd. gen Milpros are the most reliable guns Taurus makes. Just remember my opinions are just that, an so are everyone elses,we ALL must work out our own salvation. Good luck with your choice.

I had one in 9mm. I had a lot of issues with it jamming. I probably didn't give it time to break in as I purchased it new and didn't put that many rounds down range before I traded it off. If you are going to buy one new, plan on dumping some ammo through it to break it in and it should function better. I had to put about 1000rnds through my sig mosquito before it was pretty reliable.... the millennium might have been the same... just more expensive to shoot so I never did it. I lucked into a good deal on a Kahr P-9 and carried it instead.

just my $0.02

aaron

Like M&Pc9 I dont know about the Millennium line.

I had to return my Taurus Judge. I called customer service, they had Fedex at my door the next day, got in back in three weeks to the day. They paid for shipping both ways

Based on my experience I would buy another.

Again this is my experience.

Stay away from the first generation 9mm unless they have been fixed by the manufacturer. They had jamming and stovepiping problems. I also read an article a while ago where they compared the Beretta 92 and the knockoff Taurus in a several thousand round shoot-off. The barrrels were cut in half length wise and the Beretta lans were excellent, but the Taurus barrel was shotgun bore smooth and worn. This has steered me clear of Taurus. I know that you are talking about the Millenium series but I though this applicable. I can not find the article on the net, but if anyone else could that would be a real eye-opener.

I own the Third Gen PT111 milpro in 9mm. This is my first Taurus and I have to say it has been a reliable shooter at a great price. So far I have put about 1000 rounds through it with no issues and I've shot some real junk ammo through it. It hits what I aim at the first time every time. My normal carry is a .357 snubnose revolver and I purchased the Taurus with the stainless steel slide for carry when I jog or hike so the sweat doesn't tarnish the finish. Mainly it is a range gun for me now since I blew out my knee and no longer jog but I wouldn't hesitate using it as a ccw or bug to my magnum. Hope this helps.

I'm one of those people that really wants to like the Taurus lineup (there are definitely two that I'd like to own), but based on some friends' experiences, and the Taurus customer service that they've received (frustration, instead), I just can't support that company. I like to shoot them, they're fun, cheaper, and feel decent in my hand. I'd love to have one for a car/truck gun, but I just don't know how I'd feel if it were to break, and I had to get the runaround from customer service, despite the lifetime warranty.

Some things have a lifetime warranty for a reason....a lifetime of possible problems. I chose a Ruger over the Taurus do to the complaints about their customer service. I love my Ruger, and would like to own a Taurus if I could be confident I wasn't getting screwed.