Which pistol should I get?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Which pistol should I get?

• Glock 26 or 27
    • XD sub-compact
    • PPS
    • Other (Specify)

Guest vandutton

I'm looking to move to a smaller pistol from my XD-M. Right now, I think I've narrowed it down pretty well.

Option 1: Glock 26 or 27

Option 2: XD with 3" barrell in 9 or .40

Option 3: Walther PPS

I was wanting opinions and advice from people outside of my immediate family (all gun fans) and friends (also, all gun fans).

My only requirements are that it needs to be small (easily concealable with dress slacks and a tucked in shirt), and a 9mm minimum in caliber. My current XD-M is in .40, but I am a touch concerned about the kick of that with a smaller barrell.

Edited by vandutton
  • Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Option 2: XD with 2" barrell in 9 or .40...

XD subbies have 3" barrels.

That's what I carry in 9mm.

You can't go wrong with the Glock 26 or XD SC 9.

XD has more rounds.

I'm not a big fan of .40 in smaller guns, but may be in a minority.

Don't know the Walther.

- OS

I also have the x9sc as well as the xd45c and love them both. I always wanted a baby glock before I got the xd's but have pretty much lost desire for one. My wife shot my xd9sc,it's now hers, and my step dads g26 the same day and liked the xd much more. I would say as far as reliabiltiy they are pretty much equal.

One problem with the PX4 that may occur.... is the mag release able to be switched? I'm left-handed.

9. REVERSIBLE MAGAZINE RELEASE: Multiple-sized,reversible magazine release buttons allow for customization to the individual’s hand size. The small size button comes standard on the gun. Medium and large buttons are also available for easy replacement. Each size can be positioned for right-handed or left-handed use.

Beretta Web - PX4 Storm .45ACP SD

I voted for the XD sc

I've tried the 26 and it didn't appeal to me. Actually I've been toying with the XDsc vs. the PPS myself. I like the feel of the PPS, has good sights, super slim, BUT I don't like the round capacity. (Of course that's how they got it so slim.)

On the XD sc, it has grown on me to the point that I would chose it over the PPS due to the higher capacity. It handles and points well for me. I like the squared off/textured trigger guard front for the support hand. I like the extra capacity spare magazine and all the extra stuff so it gets my vote.

Guest UTVOL87

I voted "Other". I carry the S&W M&P9c with the flat magazine floor plate instead of the one with the pinky extension in order to keep the package as small as possible. The M&P is not as blocky as some others. The magazine release can be reversed and there is a slide catch/release on both sides; thus it is suitable for left handers also.

Guest truthsayer
I voted "Other". I carry the S&W M&P9c with the flat magazine floor plate instead of the one with the pinky extension in order to keep the package as small as possible. The M&P is not as blocky as some others. The magazine release can be reversed and there is a slide catch/release on both sides; thus it is suitable for left handers also.

+1. I have the M&P40c. It's a really great little gun.

If it's just for carrying for when you're "dressed up" and your full size pistol is going to remain your EDC, and you're not going to shoot a lot, I'd recommend the Kel-Tec PF-9. At almost half the price than any of the others, It's actually smaller and thinner than a PPS, yet it's a reliable piece that's super easy to make disappear.

If you're going to carry it a lot and shoot it a lot I say G26.

Guest sinister.inc

I'm going to suggest kahr cw9 or cw 40, or taurus slim, I was looking at the same guns you are but opted for the Taurus Slim and yet to regret my decision. I probably would have gotten a Kahr though if I would have found one for a good price. These guns are a bit smaller than what you have listed, but they are great CCWs. I was also considering a PF9, but did not care for the finish or trigger.