AR15 Trigger

I just got a stripped lower today and plan to build it myself. The only part I am having trouble with is, which trigger? I want something that will be rock solid reliable. I have been looking at the RRA match trigger and worked over stock trigger. Which would be best for a good trigger but also as close to 100% reliable as I can get? Or should I just use a standard trigger?

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have had 5 different RRA triggers, 3 NM 2 stage and two single stage and have never had an issue.

The don't touch nothing was do not bother with trigger jobs unless you really shoot precision and then it would have to be something like White Oak before I would bother. They shoot good right out of the bag.

Has anyone tried the TTU (tactical trigger unit) from Wilson Combat yet? Seems they have copied the AR Gold trigger which used to be McCormick. Saw one at Coal Creek but there was not a price on it.

DaG

The best trigger I have ever felt in an AR is a Timney. It is light and crisp. Just like a piece of glass breaking. They are high, but they are worth it. This is the one I have used.

AR-15 Skeletonized

How does it compare to the Geissele SSA? I have narrowed it down to 3, either a worked over stock, the Timney, or the SSA. The SSA being at the bottom of the list right now, because I don't know how well I will like a 2-stage trigger. I think I might get a worked over stock trigger for the AR I have now and put a Timney in the Stag lower.

Guest Todd@CIS

Some have reported problems with RRA triggers.

I've got an RRA with 3-4K through it...zero problems and a sweet trigger.

That said, for an AR15 that might be used for SD, I'd generally recommend staying with standard USGI.

If and when my RRA trigger goes "toes-up," I'll replace with USGI.

Edited by Todd@CIS

I'm a huge fan of a worked stock USGI Colt trigger.

I've put literally millions of rounds through a fluffed and buffed 8lb trigger and never had a failure.

Yet I have watched time and time again as two-stage triggers break with standard use. I've personally broken several sears on them, with just good ole paper punchin at distance. And put more then 7 or 8 thousand rounds through an RRA and they start to get finicky. I don't trust them at all.

Get a Mil-Spec trigger and have a good gunsmith smooth it out for you. You'll love it forever.