Red Ryder BB Gun

ftncityfatboy

I know this is a forum about long guns, technically the Red Ryder BB Gun IS a long gun. You know, the one Ralphie wanted so bad in "A Christmas Story"? Which BTW is one of the greatest movies eeevvvver!!! So's I go to wally's and find this Red Ryder Carbine Rifle for $20, a classic. Then's I go to Gander Mtn and the same RRCR was $40, geez Gander, come on, give us a break. I'm going to ask Santa to go to Wally's for RRCR this year. That's just the little kid in me....I'll try not to shoot my eye out. Thanks for allowing my childish post......

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin Team

One of my friends just got one at Wal-Mart, and I was pleasantly suprised after not having fired one in 20+ years. We took it down to the lake and spent the better part of the evening shooting bottle caps at 25 feet. Daisy has done a great job with keeping the detail of the original carbine as well.

Stupid question: Can you shoot them inside the city limits or is it against the law as well? If I get one, I sure would like to set up a curtain and shoot, shoot, shoot. Years ago I know you could and I did and at several squirrls and got b***ed at by the neighbors, but-but-but it was only a squirrl.......

Stupid question: Can you shoot them inside the city limits or is it against the law as well? If I get one, I sure would like to set up a curtain and shoot, shoot, shoot. Years ago I know you could and I did and at several squirrls and got b***ed at by the neighbors, but-but-but it was only a squirrl.......

As far as I know, there are no restrictions. God knows there weren't 10-15 years ago when I was terrorizing cans, paper plates, and the occasional crow in my backyard.

Heck, you can shoot it in your basement. BB traps can be had very reasonably.

I was given one about 5 years ago for my birthday. Dang thing won't load the BB anymore. I guess we shot it out. No idea how many thousand bb's went through it.

I can send it back to get fixed but shipping kind of makes it easier to buy a new one.

I am hopeful I will find on under the xmas tree.

The fact that that question even gets asked now a days speaks volumes about our country as a whole.

There's a large strip of public easement that runs behind the house I grew up in (probably about 15-25yards wide, and a few hundred yards long. I used to shoot my RR down there all the time growing up.

I believe I was 11 or 12 when one day some libitard woman came down and told me she didn't feel comfortable with me shooting firearms behind her house, and she was reasonably certain everyone else felt the same. I told her she was the first to ever have a problem in the several years I had been shooting back there, then (being the budding a-hole I was at the time :tough: ), I took my left hand, placed it over the muzzle of my RR, and pulled the trigger while showing nothing but a short grimace. I then stuck my hand out with the BB in my palm and told her it was "just a BB gun".

She was mortified, but I never heard anything out of her again :clap:

I believe I was 11 or 12 when one day some libitard woman came down and told me she didn't feel comfortable with me shooting firearms behind her house, and she was reasonably certain everyone else felt the same. I told her she was the first to ever have a problem in the several years I had been shooting back there, then (being the budding a-hole I was at the time :koolaid: ), I took my left hand, placed it over the muzzle of my RR, and pulled the trigger while showing nothing but a short grimace. I then stuck my hand out with the BB in my palm and told her it was "just a BB gun".

Though I have never met you Poak... I have come to the conclusion that your "coolness" has got to be genetic. As this that story confirms! Hahaha!!!

I would have love to have seen the look on that lady's face. Priceless I'm sure!

Though I have never met you Poak... I have come to the conclusion that your "coolness" has got to be genetic. As this that story confirms! Hahaha!!!

I would have love to have seen the look on that lady's face. Priceless I'm sure!

:koolaid:

Priceless for sure! It set the tone for all future libitard meet and greets :woohoo:

My Red Ryder is about 20 years old as well. I love that rifle and until I finished my AR, I had it on my display rack. If I ever have a son, he will get a Red Ryder when he is born and a 10/22 when he is about 7 or so. In my opinion, those are the two rifles that every kid needs.

Guest louderthebetter

I was born dirt poor and lived on the Altamaha River in Ludowici Georgia.

Dad worked at the saw mill and times were hard.No extra money for anything

but somehow,Mom saved enough S&H Green Stamps to get me a Red Ryder for

Christmas when I was about 10 years old.Made me the happiest kid in Georgia

that morning.I loved that gun so much I even slept with it.

Now I'm old as dirt with a safe full of guns and none of them have brought

me the joy of my Red Ryder BB Gun.

...I took my left hand, placed it over the muzzle of my RR, and pulled the trigger while showing nothing but a short grimace. I then stuck my hand out with the BB in my palm and told her it was "just a BB gun"...

I did similar with my Daisy pump, but not on purpose. You know on those, the magazine/muzzle screws out of end of barrel. Mine jammed some how or other, wouldn't shoot, and you usually had to use flat of your palm to press down on them while unscrewing. Did so, and POOF, right into heel of hand. The pumps (just a single pump) must be more powerful, it left BB 1/4" or deeper IN heel of my hand. Got it out with something, good sized bloody hole for a while until it healed.

I still have that gun. Even sent away for new mag/muzzle insert somewhere about 10 years ago to repair it.

- OS