• Hate what I do but I have to feed the kids
    • I've got it made and don't have to work

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
I like my Job, but there are days!!!

McFlurrry, if I had your job, I'd weigh 800 lbs.

I love my job every other Friday. I'm thankful for it every day though.

But as was said...'there are days...'

Guest Muttling

I teach high school. It's GREAT at times but today was ROUGH.

I was talking to one of my kids who is in foster care and who's dad is in jail for breaking a few of her bones. She's been working to rebuild her relationship with her dad and this is the first semester that she's ever been passing all of her classes.

She's one of my best kids, but this ******* told his daughter "I hate you" and hung up on her.

I've been pissed off all day. It's been so bad that I had students in other classes asking my what was wrong. That said, I'm not leaving and this ******* needs a lead injection.

I teach high school. It's GREAT at times but today was ROUGH.

I was talking to one of my kids who is in foster care and who's dad is in jail for breaking a few of her bones. She's been working to rebuild her relationship with her dad and this is the first semester that she's ever been passing all of her classes.

She's one of my best kids, but this ******* told his daughter "I hate you" and hung up on her.

I've been pissed off all day. It's been so bad that I had students in other classes asking my what was wrong. That said, I'm not leaving and this ******* needs a lead injection.

Man, I'm sorry to read this. Thank you for what you do, for caring enough for it to affect you. IMO you're exactly what our education system needs (besides good parents)...

I really liked my job until they started screwing around with my hours, the week before thanksgiving they cut me to 16, this week they cut me to 11. Thankfully im starting school at ut in the spring and ill be transfering to the western ave autozone, but I don't plan on staying there for long I will probably try to find something a little closer to home like maybe oak ridge or oliver springs

Guest Drewsett

I'm in the restaurant business while I finish up school. I got an offer of management with a large restaurant chain when I dropped out of college. I was making 45k a year at 21 years old...I was pretty happy. I recently decided to quit the management gig (55+ hour weeks) so that I could get back and finish my degree in finance. I serve at a high end steakhouse in the Cool Springs area now. It's okay...but I can't wait to finish my degree and start doing what I love...financial planning.

I LOVE where I work, but am not too crazy about WHAT I do. I work from my own office in the house, but the hours are terrible. I'm working from 7am to 6-7pm and am on-call all the rest of the time. I average 1-2 hours a day on weekends, vacation, and holidays.

I thought it was normal to hate your job but going by the results here it looks like I was wrong. Maybe it's time for a career change.

My dad once told me "find something you enjoy doing then figure out how to get paid for it". Wise advice, imo. Life's too short to work somewhere you hate (or at a job you dislike) - unless you have zero options...

I have two jobs.

Part time - Radio Morning Show Producer

Full time - Digital Music Distribution Manager

I love them both. They are both very rewarding. I make very little at both but I make a living. And to me, that is all that matters. I have never felt the need to chase money.

like my job, but currently cut back to a job im not fond off, the company i work for kinda makes it ruff hopin to stick in there and maybe it will change for the better.