"Escapee from California"

Guest eeeeeeeazy

Guest eeeeeeeazy

I don't speak Spanish, tired of listening to low rider cars, loud exhausts, blaring boom boxes, shaking hands with your neighborhood through the bathroom window of your home, fighting to drive 50 miles at a reasonable speed while fighting 2 million others trying to go to the same place, sending my kid to a high school in a state that ranks 47 out of 50 when it comes to education, looking at gang graffiti on every blank wall, watching a car chase every day on local tv, putting up with people not being able to speak English and finally........damned tired of supporting people with their imprisonment, medical needs, schooling and all the other citizen rights even when these people have no right to be in this country.

Whewwwww, now that I have gotten that off my chest, let me say that this is HEAVEN! Left Southern California and came here to Baxter, TN. Bought a little farm and have been loving every minute of it. No complaints from me about this cold weather. I still sleep with my window open every night! Can't wait till Spring to put up some fencing so I can add some goats and a horse for my daughter.

Thanks Tennessee, thanks for providing a refuge for those of us who finally see the light!:tough:

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest eeeeeeeazy

Forgot to mention.........I have several guns, long and short. Got a Ruger Blackhawk 44 magnum, Taurus 2" 38 special, Mossberg 12 gauge pump, Marlin 17 caliber rifle, Spanish Mauser 7X57 caliber and a Ruger 44 carbine.

I'll be keeping my revolvers but I will be looking to trade my Ruger 44 carbine for an AK47 if I can find someone who is interested in a trade. I bought the carbine in order to use the same ammo as my Blackhawk when out in the woods but found that I never use it. If there is any interest let me know and I'll send some pics.

Guest eeeeeeeazy

Well, we were near San Diego, just up I-15 at Temecula. When we moved there years ago there was one signal light but now the traffic horrible.

Guest eeeeeeeazy
As long as you checked the Kommifornia-damnyankee ways at the door then Welcome! :up:

Ha Ha, I checked EVERYTHING when I left the stateline! Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome and I know we'll enjoy our life here among such good hearted folks!

I am sure glad that you got you and your family out of that place. God bless you

for that. Now have you got that handgun carry permit yet? You probably knew that

someone was going to ask,,,,,I hope that you and your wife both have them. Glad

you made it to Tennessee and to this forum. We are all brothers here.

Baxter?? I'm from Baxter. Left there in 1974 and still have lot of family in the area. You picked a pretty nice place. Land still fairly reasonable. Pretty good air. Not too many Yankees and Undocumented immigrants yet.

All joking aside; it's a good area. It's changed alot since I moved, but still nice to go back. What part did you buy in, if you don't mind saying?

Anyway. Welcome home.

Welcome. having lived and worked all over CA. in the 70's and 80's, sometimes I miss it. But hearing how it is now, glad I'm not there. Sure miss bigbore MS though.

Guest Tenngunner

Welcome!

Well, to be historically accurate, Tennessee was about 50/50, during 'the' war.

My hat, underwear, and pants are gray, if that helps, any-but I don't consider Kommiefornia transplants (at least those who are pro-gun) 'traitors' anyway. They (once) were Westerners, before (and for a while, after) Ronnie Reagan left the office of governor! :P

Glad you 'made it'-but what took you so long!?

Welcome. I was in San Diego in the late 80's. I enjoyed while

I was there, but felt I had to leave to raise a family. I eventually got here to TN, and am really glad I found it. It sounds like you feel the same way. This state seems to have that effect on people.