There Are still good Gun Shop Deals out there

graycrait

I haven't had any K Frames for a few years or a 1911 for some time now. Attached is a picture of a Double Action Only S&W Model 64-6 4" heavy barrel that bought for 249.00 (282.00 OTD) from Academy of Self Protection in Joelton, TN. The pictured SA 1911A1 I got at TN Gun Country in Clarksville for 325.00 OTD.

That K Frame's internals were pristine, although considerable holster wear is evident. There was essentially no endshake, forcing cone was crisp, no topstrap cutting and crane lockup is tight and even. I believe it still had some factory lube on some internal parts. After installing new rebound and main springs (can't shoot DAO effectively with heavy factory springs), as well as a Hogue Bantam round butt grip this DAO Brinks turn-in is awesome in function.

I've been looking for a solution to finding a cost effective 1911 frame to use as a receiver for a .22LR 1911 conversion kit. The SA 1911A1, although nicely broken in with some surface scratches, is 1911 tight in all aspects, as well as smooth as butter. I figured getting the complete 1911A1 for 335.00 was cost effective compared to getting a stripped 1911 receiver, buying and fitting all the functioning small parts.

Bottom Line is that if you move around your local gun shop right now you might find a deal.

Craig 191145ACPSpringfieldArmory.jpgSW64-6DAO.jpg

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Tenngunner

graycrait:

Academy of Self Protection in Joelton, TN...

Please describe this shop a bit better, if you don't mind. Also-where in the heck is Joelton?

Thanks for post- :P

Academy of Self Protection is just off Exit 35 as you are going out of Nashville towards Clarksville. Indoor range there also. I've found some good deals there from time to time. Guns and Leather is a good store owned by good people but I don't get up there too often these days. Kind of a long drive and it is usually so busy in there on the weekends there isn't much chance to chat. I generally stick to Tennessee Gun Country in Clarksville these days. Great retail prices, good special order prices, and have or quickly can get anything I need or want.

Craig

Academy of Self Protection is just off Exit 35 as you are going out of Nashville towards Clarksville. Indoor range there also. I've found some good deals there from time to time. Guns and Leather is a good store owned by good people but I don't get up there too often these days. Kind of a long drive and it is usually so busy in there on the weekends there isn't much chance to chat. I generally stick to Tennessee Gun Country in Clarksville these days. Great retail prices, good special order prices, and have or quickly can get anything I need or want.

Craig

That's also where Frank (OEF_VET) Maschoff of ETS, Inc. fame suppossedly is still teaching HCP classes.:devil:

Yes, recently. Call me cheap, frugal or whatever, but it takes a lot to make me part with cash for a gun.

These two were like a hedge against inflation. Can a person get either any cheaper, legally, especially in a retail establishment?

They aren't pretty but they work well. The dogs and I don't mind what they look like.

I am looking for a new dealer. I know nobody owes me anything, but I have purchased (6) weapons from a local dealer in Memphis over the last year and the arrogant corksuckers won't give me a discount on anything. That's fine, but then I hear one of the guys laughing with another customer about the discount that the customer had just received. I had previously purchased (3) other guns from these clowns for a total of (9) and still no discount...not even a battery for a weapons light. I will purchase my guns from almost any dealer from now on since I am already paying top dollar. The only thing for certain is the money won't be spent with these guys again.

Guest Tenngunner

LINKS2K:

I will purchase my guns from almost any dealer from now on since I am already paying top dollar. The only thing for certain is the money won't be spent with these guys again.

Yep-I've seen this numerous times at multiple dealers. Makes me wish gun shops were more like used car lots..NOT! :google:

From my perspective I have always felt good in any dealings with Guns and Leather, Greenbrier, TN; Tennessee Gun Country, Clarksville, TN; or Academy of Self Protection, Joelton, TN. I can't beat Tennessee Gun Country on prices for new guns and can't imagine getting any better prices on special orders. At Tennessee Gun Country you get 10% off if you have an active or retired military ID.

I am looking for a new dealer. I know nobody owes me anything, but I have purchased (6) weapons from a local dealer in Memphis over the last year and the arrogant corksuckers won't give me a discount on anything. That's fine, but then I hear one of the guys laughing with another customer about the discount that the customer had just received. I had previously purchased (3) other guns from these clowns for a total of (9) and still no discount...not even a battery for a weapons light. I will purchase my guns from almost any dealer from now on since I am already paying top dollar. The only thing for certain is the money won't be spent with these guys again.

Range USA will have better prices than anyone else in town but you will have to wait for it to get here. Arms Fair has the cheapest transfer rates in town.

Guest TwoLaneBlackTop

Just order exactly what you want from a distributor and have a local FFL do a transfer for you, done deal for much less.... best of all you get exactly what you want.

That's a really nice Model 64 and at a good price, I've been on the look out for a

good used Model 65 but haven't come across one I like yet. I'll make time to check

out both of these shops in the near future. Good luck with your purchases.

Edited by Hgunner