iPad

Daniel

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just can't see the practicality of it. Are you gonna start carrying a murse so you can haul the thing around as it's too big to clip on the belt. Or, you may have to carry a backpack with you everywhere you go. I just don't see it being a big hit among us casual nonbriefcase carrying types, but what do I know?

• Admin Team

I'm definitely in. This thing is a godsend for those of us who spend a lot of time on a plane or in the field.

I just hope that I can pop my existing 3G sim from AT&T out of my laptop and into this thing.

I am surprised that AT&T went along. They've taken some major hits for letting the iPhone overrun their network. They need to upgrade - I bet Apple has some major strings attached.

They seem to be pricing this aggressively. They may effectively kill the net book market. Despite the props that they gave to Amazon with the Kindle, this will take a lot of that market share as well. Mind you, the Kindle is great for what it is with their eInk display - it's battery life is amazing. Even at 10 hours, Apple is behind there. It would be nice to see an OLED version instead of just IPS. I see iPad 2.0 on the horizon.

It's nice to have some competition in the marketplace.

Guest mosinon

I just hope that I can pop my existing 3G sim from AT&T out of my laptop and into this thing.

I think it uses some new micro 3g sim or something. So I doubt it.

Oh, for the record. iGetting

Guest mtsumatt

I watched the release of this thing on CNN. Very cool! I have become a big fan of Apple products, however, I'm not a fan of AT&T so I stick to the Itouch and carry a phone that works everywhere I go.

Guest mosinon

I think it uses some new micro 3g sim or something. So I doubt it.

Oh, for the record. iGetting

I'm really dissapointed that in order to get the 3g model you have to spend at least $629 plus an extra $30 a month for the data plan. You can easily get a macbook for $999 with almost triple the processing power. Granted it doesn't boot instantly but leave it in standby and it will be almost as fast. I'll be waiting for V.2 as well before I even think about it more seriously. And the name? iPad? Come on...

I'm really dissapointed that in order to get the 3g model you have to spend at least $629 plus an extra $30 a month for the data plan. You can easily get a macbook for $999 with almost triple the processing power. Granted it doesn't boot instantly but leave it in standby and it will be almost as fast. I'll be waiting for V.2 as well before I even think about it more seriously. And the name? iPad? Come on...

You can get a 250MB/month 3G plan from AT&T for $15/month.

Your Macbook won't have 3g without a USB card hanging off of it and you won't get 10 hours of video playback (or one month standby) from any laptop.

Just saying, this isn't meant to replace a laptop, but rather carve out a new product space. I think Apple did that extremely well.

Also, since all 3G iPad models will ship unlocked, you can bet that there will be tons of competition for rate plans...

Stock went DOWN soon as it was released.

Couple of analysts said was because they priced it too cheap.

They can say what they want, but it's back up for the day, and the iPhone jump in stock prices was a one day phenomena until it was released...

Apple stock just does well, no worries from me.

And those analysts must be idiots - Apple knows what they are doing - they carry zero corporate debt and have a slush fund of over $35B...

I will DEFINITELY get the 3g 64gig, version I have owned an Amazon Kindle for a few years now and it will stay, I just traded away a 16 gig IPOD Touch, and was about to hit the order button on a new 64Gig touch from the Apple web store when I saw this thing.

This will not replace my Mac Book pro, Amazon Kindle, or my Blackberry or even my 80 gig Zune, but it is my version of perfection of an Ipod touch and will keep me from ever wanting an Iphone :D:)

You can get a 250MB/month 3G plan from AT&T for $15/month.

Your Macbook won't have 3g without a USB card hanging off of it and you won't get 10 hours of video playback (or one month standby) from any laptop.

Just saying, this isn't meant to replace a laptop, but rather carve out a new product space. I think Apple did that extremely well.

Also, since all 3G iPad models will ship unlocked, you can bet that there will be tons of competition for rate plans...

I can agree with those points except the $15 a month for 250mb. That will last an average person a week if they're doing anything with video. Don't get me wrong. I love Apple and only own Apple products but for the people who already have iPhones, I just can't see how this will be a benefit. I mean the larger screen is nice but what can it do that an iPhone can't other than iWork? And even then, there are options for people to edit documents and spreadsheets on the iPhone.

Edited by gnmwilliams
I can agree with those points. Don't get me wrong. I love Apple and only own Apple products but for the people who already have iPhones, I just can't see how this will be a benefit. I mean the larger screen is nice but what can it do that an iPhone can't other than iWork? And even then, there are options for people to edit documents and spreadsheets on the iPhone.

I'm with you - with both a Macbook and two iPhones, I don't really see it fitting into my life right now...