What kind of dog people we got in here?

ShamGlock

• Replies 165
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Sgt. Joe
Thanks!! I just wish they would stop using the bathroom in my house.

Ya gotta rub that nose in it (close enough so they know anyway) and pop those butts with a rolled up magazine (a paper type;)) and put their butts out.

The paper dont hurt them but the popping noise scares them, If you dont know which....show and pop both.

I love my dogs but they only get so long to figure it out, I've gotten rid of a few over the years for being stupid.

Those pups should get it pretty quick if ya get them every time. They will learn to let you know they need out.

Good luck.

Guest mosinon
I grew up owning Labs and they are great dogs. I like German shepherds to, i had one of those when i was a kid. But this ones got me wrapped, I've never met a smarter, more loving animal, (and those labs were pretty dang smart) But i will never have anything else now that I've had an English Bulldog.

Count me in on the bulldog thing. I had one, a fantastic animal

pattontherouge.jpg

But really, those things are hardly dogs. They are like some other species or something, specifically created to tear your heart out. Cause they only live ten years or so.

When that guy cricked I decided to only go with rescue dogs, cause losing a bulldog is overly painful. So now I roll with a rescued boston terrier.

Guest Drewsett

Currently I have two cats because I bought a condo without a yard. When the wife and I finally get a real house with a real yard we are planning on rescuing a couple of dogs, hopefully a golden retriever and a border collie.

I grew up on a farm with a multitude of dogs..

2 purebred labs

1 lab/rottweiler mix

1 lab/golden retriever mix

1 husky/wolf mix

1 lab/german sheperd mix

Add 4 cats and 30 horses, a ball python, and a gerbil and that was my animal menagerie growing up.

Ya gotta rub that nose in it (close enough so they know anyway) and pop those butts with a rolled up magazine (a paper type;)) and put their butts out....

Exactly how I've housebroken every dog I've had.

Except the nose goes right in there.

Then be sure and compliment them the first few times you're outside with them and they do the biz.

It works, usually first time on females, males might take 2 or 3 times.

Even worked on the three cats I've had.

- OS

Guest ArmyVeteran37214

Jan03_002.jpg

Sorry for the crappy cell picture. He's not mine, but I treat him like he is mine when I'm over at my friends house. His name is Chance, a 3 year old American Pit Bull Terrier. He's a big baby and doesn't act like the "stereotype" that Pit Bulls are given. Every time I visit, he jumps all over me wanting attention. Then he'll get on his back at my feet and want a belly rub. I swear that if he had the opportunity he'd try to be a lap dog. I wish I had the money to own a dog. When I can afford to have one I will get a Pit Bull.

When I was growing up I had a Salt & Pepper Miniature Schnauzer.

I have a 4 year old Golden that has been my buddy since he was a pup. We also just got a GSD, she is only 5 months old now. So what kind of dog peeps we got in here, I like to know what kind of people I'm bummin' around with.

th_clyde202620rugby20banquet2001312.jpg

Golden retriever!! Nine years old. My best buddy.

Kind regards

Leroy

PS -- ALL DOGS ARE GREAT -- ONE OF GOD'S GREATEST CREATURES. THEY ARE NOBLE, SINGULARLY DEVOTED, AND UTTERLY FEARLESS IN THE PROTECTION OF THEIR MASTER AND FAMILY. TRAITS HUMANS WOULD DO WELL TO IMITATE!! DOGS AND OWNERS; WE SALUTE YOU ALL!!!!

Guest Old goat

Two mutts, one from shelter, the other just showed up about 10yrs ago, hungry, been trying to fill her up ever since. The one from the shelter is chow and something, don't know what all Sam is, other than big, fat, and lazy(95 lbs).