Really Glock 19 or Glock 23 please vote

Guest joey615

First handgun purchase for Joey615?  

146 members have voted

1. 1. First handgun purchase for Joey615?

• Glock 19
    • Glock 23

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

this will be my first handgun purchase and based on the most votes will be the one i get. thank you!

That was my first hangun purchase and choice as well. I went with the .40 but today with a more informed decision I would go with the 9mm.

With current defensive ammo not much difference between the two. The 19 has 2 more rounds and cheaper practice ammo.

:death:

You could always get a 23 and then get a 9mm barrel and mags and you will have the best of both worlds. Take the .40 barrel out and put the 9mm one in its that easy.

also, with the g23 you can get the 357 sig barrel and use the 40 mags. now with the 9mm conversion barrel you got three guns in one. so i would go with the g23 because you can turn the g23 into three different guns,,, 40 s&w, 9mm, and 357 sig.

If this is your first gun you should get a 19. Practice will be most important and this will be the least expensive gun for you to practice with. It's easy to carry and you can feel good about shooting this gun in IDPA matches should you choose to go that route.

Guest H0TSH0T
You could always get a 23 and then get a 9mm barrel and mags and you will have the best of both worlds. Take the .40 barrel out and put the 9mm one in its that easy.

+1

Guest nashvegas

Personally, I wouldn't get either one.

Why are you choosing between these two weapons?

Why a Glock?

You might want to expand your field of vision a bit.

The OP didn't, ask for opinions about other weapons, and really doesn't have to give us any reasons why he's choosing between the two. He asked, " which would you choose?" He doesn't deserve his thread taken in a different direction, with people giving there choice of different weapons or cal. How about showing him a little respect, and stating your opinion on one of the two weapons HE has chosen. Every question posted, doesn't have to be taken in the direction of "our" favorite weapon. When it has nothing to do with the OP's thread. He didn't ask for our opinion of Glocks, just for help choosing between HIS two choices.

With current defensive ammo not much difference between the two. The 19 has 2 more rounds and cheaper practice ammo.

+1, exactly. I'd add that you'll get less recoil for more accurate follow-up shots and that Glocks in 9mm are about as reliable as the sunrise.

Personally, I wouldn't get either one.

Why are you choosing between these two weapons?

Why a Glock?

You might want to expand your field of vision a bit.

I really can't think of a better first gun than a Glock in 9mm... Honestly, after owning just about one or two of everything else out there, this really could be the last gun he ever buys if he wants... can't really say that about any other. JMHO.

If this is your first gun you should get a 19. Practice will be most important and this will be the least expensive gun for you to practice with. It's easy to carry and you can feel good about shooting this gun in IDPA matches should you choose to go that route.

I'm with Sham on this one. The G19 will be comfortable both to carry and at the range.