Bushmaster ACR

Guest mac_05evo
I just watched the Future Weapons episode featuring the Magpul Masada / Bushmaster ACR (linked below). It looks like a really well designed rifle. Has anyone heard anything negative about it? I plan to start saving now but would like more data.

Yeah the price... It was hyped for years and was supposed to be affordable, but when they finally released pricing it comes in at $2,685 for the Basic model (which has no railed forend, no folding stock, and a 1/9 barrel) and $3081 for the Enhanced model.

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest nash270

barrel is not chromed lined, weighs 8+ pounds, 1/9 twist, and one more +$3000!!! Remington .mil version is lighter and chromelined. I wanted one, but will be waiting for bushmaster to get their heads back on

barrel is not chromed lined, weighs 8+ pounds, 1/9 twist, and one more +$3000!!! Remington .mil version is lighter and chromelined. I wanted one, but will be waiting for bushmaster to get their heads back on

Well, not being chrome lined isn't that much of a deal breaker. It DOES have a lining... some sort of proprietary nitriding I believe. Supposedly it's just as durable as chrome lining.

Oh, and they are offering 1/7 already.

Guest nash270
Well, not being chrome lined isn't that much of a deal breaker. It DOES have a lining... some sort of proprietary nitriding I believe. Supposedly it's just as durable as chrome lining.

Oh, and they are offering 1/7 already.

I just did some reading and you are correct. However still very heavy and $1000 more then i would be willing to pay for a unproven rifle. But to each his own.

I just did some reading and you are correct. However still very heavy and $1000 more then i would be willing to pay for a unproven rifle. But to each his own.

Oh, I'm totally w/ you there!

After being touted as a $1500 next-gen rifle for years, the $2800+ sticker definitely ruined it for me.

As for the weight, I won't judge it until I hold it. It's all about balance for me.

Still though, I'm pretty sure my next rifle will be an MSAR or a SBR'd AR as opposed to a next gen rifle like the ACR, XCR, or SCAR.

Guest rystine

IMHO, if you're gonna spend over 2 grand on a tacticool carbine, you're probably better off looking at the FN SCAR 16s. Unless you plan on taking advantage of the ACR's caliber interchangability, the SCAR seems to have the ACR beat across the board. It is also available right now, not a few months from now (which of course the first six months or so they are gonna be next to impossible to find). And it has been in service in the SOCOM community for the last couple years, if that is something that matters to you.

That said, I'm hardly an expert on the subject so take my words with a grain of salt.

Guest rystine
Well if somebody wants to get a XCR that badly, just don't get one new.

No reason to line the pockets of a Romney supporter.

Alex Robinson, his employees, and his company can rot in smell.

I think they're talking about the Bushmaster ACR, not the Robinson Arms XCR.

• 7 months later...

ACR Recall.

Military Times Gear Scout

Bushmaster has issued a recall on a select number of ACRs. What we found interesting was that instead of listing the serial numbers that are involved, Bushmaster wants all ACR owners to contact them, and only then will the owners find out if their ACR is part of the recall or not. That seems like a lot of extra work for all people involved, and no doubt this idea wasn’t developed by the staff at Bushmaster who have to answer the phones….

Why did Bushmaster issue a recall? Evidently pulling the trigger can result in more than one round fired, and since new full auto weapons have not been allowed to be manufactured for civilian sales since 1986, it creates a bit of an issue involving illegal weapons. While no doubt this interesting tidbit puts a maniacal smile on the faces of a few of us, if you own a Bushmaster ACR, read the below notice and make sure you aren’t one of the people who has a malfunctioning weapon.

Consider this your Gear Scout public service message for the weekend.

http://bushmaster.com/pdf/ACR-Web-Notification.pdf

http://bushmaster.com/pdf/ACR-Web-Notification.pdf