Bushmaster ACR

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got an email today it will be available 3/1/10 in 2 models a standard and enhanced model. enhanced model has folding and sliding stock, with a fancy flash suppressor. they look good cant wait.

I know it has nothing to do with real guns, but the ACR is MW2 is the best gun in the game. It's a laser.

SCAR-Heavy kicks the ACR's butt. The ACR has an incredible rate of fire and is very accurate and controllable but is weak. It take 5 shots or more to kill someone. SCAR-Heavy takes one shot up close and two shots from across the map and you are dead. I love my SCAR.

As for the real ACR, I am very very very interested in the pricing!

SCAR-Heavy kicks the ACR's butt. The ACR has an incredible rate of fire and is very accurate and controllable but is weak. It take 5 shots or more to kill someone. SCAR-Heavy takes one shot up close and two shots from across the map and you are dead. I love my SCAR.

As for the real ACR, I am very very very interested in the pricing!

You should try it on Hardcore Deathmatch.

The charging handle doesn't smash your thumb while you're shooting it.

Jeff,

After some research on my part I now understand the problem.. thanks for a gentle push in the right direction..

Metalhead : I didn't know the handle was fixed to the bolt,.thought it was more like an AR or HK charging handle , I also figured most modern arms designs moved over to that system and kept the bolt free to do its thing,.. I won't make that assumption again...

Cheers... :lol:

John

2364d6de-9.jpg69a748b4-a.jpg41a4b31c-9.jpg9522d5b0-6.jpg0c59eefe-1.jpgb20f2e5c-c.jpgcb013e1f-f.jpg

80e7a791-a.jpg

2015c8eb-9.jpg

46f2bd7b-3.jpg

Basic Features

• 16 1/2" cold hammer-forged barrel with innovative coating for extreme long life
  • A2 "birdcage-type" hider to control muzzle flash
  • Adjustable, two-position gas-piston-driven system, for firing suppressed or unsupressed
  • Tool-less quick-change barrel system available in 10.5", 14.5", 16.5" and 18" and in multiple calibers
  • Multi-caliber bolt carrier assembly quickly and easily changes from 223/5.56mm NATO to 6.8mm Rem SPC
  • Free-floating MIL-STD 1913 monolithic top rail for optic mounting
  • Fully ambidextrous controls include magazine release, bolt catch and release, fire selector and non-reciprocating charging handle
  • High-impact composite hand guard with heat shield - accepts rail inserts
  • High-impact composite lower receiver with textured magazine well and modular grip storage
  • Fixed high-impact composite A-frame stock with rubber butt pad and sling mounts
  • Magpul MBUS front/rear flip sights
  • Ships in oversized hard case for accessory storage, includes 30-round PMAG

Enhanced Features

• AAC Blackout flash hider with exceptional signature reduction
  • Three-sided aluminum hand guard with integral MIL-STD 1913 rail for accessory mounting
  • Folding and six-position telescoping high-impact polymer stock with rubber butt pad and sling mounts
  • 2-Point push button sling

Just read on 2 different forums, that Bushmaster said the MSRP on the ACR is $2.700!

At that price they can keep it!

So it would sell at about what the Scar goes for, since its MSRP is about the same!

Ugh! I've been waiting for the ACR to come out for years, but I can't justify the cost. I'm so bummed out. Oh well.

That really blows. I could justify $1500 for a next gen rifle, but the reported pricing is, to be nice about it, far higher than what has been anticipated...

As reported by TFB, who tends to be pretty trustworthy and accurate:

The suggested retail price for the Basic models is $2,685 and for the enhanced it is $3,061! This is what I expected, although many were hoping for it to fall into the $1000-$2000 price range.
Guest TwoLaneBlackTop
Their timing for this rifle is really bad. Pre-and early Obama people would have shelled out $3500 for this rifle without batting an eye...now I think they will still have quite a few sales, but not nearly what their target is/isnt.

Yep, they really dropped the ball on this one. I talked to the owner of MSAR awhile back about Remington/Bushmasters failure to get the ACR to market in a reasonable time frame and he seemed to agree it was a big mistake on their part.

To recover a portion of the R&D cost initially an introductory price of $2000 m(actual price consumers would pay not MSRP) would not be out of line on such a highly anticipated rifle. It would be a good idea for Remington/Bushmaster to make dealers sign a pricing agreement as to not overcharge and alienate later potential costumers due to dealers charging exorbitant prices. After things settle down (after the first year or so) eliminate the pricing agreement and have the actual selling cost drop down to $1500 and after another year or so $1200 to $1300 and most likely keep it close to that.

As for the $2700 price, that is just entering the pricing realm of a transferable sub-gun! Completely different type of firearm but a transferable MAC will be alot of fun, increase in value more over time, and who doesn't want at least 1 legal full auto in their collection?

• 4 weeks later...

I just watched the Future Weapons episode featuring the Magpul Masada / Bushmaster ACR (linked below). It looks like a really well designed rifle. Has anyone heard anything negative about it? I plan to start saving now but would like more data.