Bushmaster ACR

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

non-reciprocating?:google:

I am guessing you mean it wont have that "Twwwaaannnggg" in the buffer tube when it slides back into the stock..

looks like HK and Armalite got together... should prove interesting to see in live fire..

John

The charging handle doesn't smash your thumb while you're shooting it.

Metalhead: when are y'all getting these in?

Guest Tenngunner

Dropkick Murphy:

I've been dreaming about this gun for a long time.

Yep, it's definitely a cool :google: one-Magpul did a great job of developing it, and now there is more corporate $ to get it launched onto the market.

my sources say they were predicting it to be in the $2000 price range but not listed for sale on the dealer sites. have the first one he gets in reserved for me.

Guest TwoLaneBlackTop

I like having more options on the market but at $2000 the price is excessive. If the rifle is a solid seller and a good portion of the R&D cost are recuperated quickly it might be worth looking once the price drops down to the $1300 to $1500 range.

I like having more options on the market but at $2000 the price is excessive. If the rifle is a solid seller and a good portion of the R&D cost are recuperated quickly it might be worth looking once the price drops down to the $1300 to $1500 range.

he said that was when the scars were going foor 3000 plus so hopefuly they will not be that high.

At the $1500 price point I will definitely buy one. I'm not sure I'd push it to $2000.

Yeah, I think I'll wait a while until supply catches up w/ demand and I can pick one up at a decent price.

I'll also be interested to see if there are any issues w/ the first batch.

Guest TwoLaneBlackTop

It's a nice rifle, but what can it do that an AR15 can't for half the price? When they come down to a reasonable level I might purchase one (especially if some military adopts it, then the design will have a little history to go with it years later)

I remember seeing a few FN SCAR rifles sell for 9K+ on gunbroker within the first few weeks of the release (during the Obama panic days) I just kept thinking..... 9K is in the range for a transferable full auto M16 lower, are people really this dumb?

I don't think the ACR will fetch that level of hyper-inflated pricing, but the first few months expect a higher price from the manufacture and a much, much higher price from local gun shops and such.