Why Do I Own So Many Hi-Points?

Oh Shoot

Guest Broomhead
I hope you are not talking about this thread. The way Im reading it, I dont think it is bashing a Hi-Point. Its more like just poking fun at them.

Not talking about this thread, no. Just in general, from my own experiences.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Republican

I do not own one, but IMHO they are a great deal for $150. I shot a buddy's 9mm carbine and it was accurate, reliable, and had a good time to shooting it. You probably have one cause they will cost more in the future.

You wear rubber boots to the barn cause you dont care to get them dirty. You bought a Hi Point casue you want a gun you dont care to get dirty.

Because they use the same ammo and launch the same bullets as other pistols chambered for that ammo - meaning that (once tested for reliability - as any firearm should be) they are just as effective as a firearm costing two, three or even four times as much?

Edited by JAB

I keep looking at them. Think I saw a .45 at the last gun show for $179. I figure if it's got a lifetime warranty it's worth it. Question is; what's their customer service like? I wouldn't make it my EDC but might be a good night-stand gun.

because you bought a pistol and a carbine to match for less than 400? like me!

Sany0199.jpg

these were the first guns I ever bought...after not "being allowed" and not raised in a house with a hunting father...I got my first bonus check from a new job and bought the most guns I could for the money that week!

I'd like to shoot one. I've never owned one. Man, they do look like a cordless drill! I can't imagine one would be comfortable to carry. They are selling briskly, so I'd think there is something to them.

Carry one??? :)

But for a shooter.. total tack drivers... my daughter prefers the c9 over anything else I have. these things are boat anchors but make great utility guns. shoot the **** out of them and hose em off every now and then to knock the grit off..

Guest Broomhead
Question is; what's their customer service like?

Their customer service is unsurpassed by any company world-wide.

For all of you interested, come to www.hipointtalk.com for an honest look from people who own them and trust them.

Guest walkingdeadman

Hey I have shot a Hi-Point and I would not be one bit embarrassed to own a couple. They might be a little ugly, heavy, and rattly-sounding...But I would be happy to own one.

So to answer your question. You own a Hi-Point because it is a cheap, decent gun to have around!!!

Their customer service is unsurpassed by any company world-wide.

For all of you interested, come to www.hipointtalk.com for an honest look from people who own them and trust them.

Hell...It was supposed to be www.hipointtalk.net

My bad.

You still blew it.

Second link points to "hipointalk.net.../my"

The two main Hi-Point sites are:

Official company site:

Welcome to Hi-Point Firearms

Official online parts/accessories:

Hi-Point Firearms.net - Home

Official company forum:

HiPoint Firearms Forums

(6,000 members)

Your site that you have yet to get right::shrug:

HiPointTalk • Index page

(600 members)

- OS

had one and sold it, missed it bought another, and then had to have a carbine.

Wish I still had that .40.

Mikey!

They have finally put the fabled unicorn of vapor guns, the .45 carbine on product page as:

"Hi-Point's 45 Caliber Carbine is expected to be available in May 2010"

This is the first time they've ever officially mentioned it, so maybe it's finally really gonna happen.

Better reconsider dumping any of the .45 handguns, you may want to be all .45 for SHTF!

- OS