Denial of a Fundamental Right

• Replies 17
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 6.8 AR

That is a great article. One that some that don't understand what happened yesterday

might see the irony. Thanks for posting that. Great minds show up at that site all the time.

That's funny. This article sums up the exact thought that went through my head when the bill passed. Does anyone even know when the first health insurance company was started? I am so upset that our leaders think they can force citizens to buy a product! HEALTH INSURANCE IS A PRODUCT! I you like it you can buy it. If you can't afford it you should save up or make a plan to obtain it. If you don't want it don't buy it.

There are several things that I like but can't afford. What is the standard for the government to say that everyone should have one? Maybe in a few years the new 4th gen Glocks will be considered such a great product that they will subsidize them. Or maybe now that Blueray has beat out HD the government will decide everyone deserves one. Is this not the same justification used for Health insurance?

I could go on and on but I have to stop now as I feel my blood pressure going up. Good think I'm insured!

to better days,

southernasylum

Doesn't Tennessee "by law" require you to buy insurance if you drive a car ?

It's your option to drive a car or not. The state also does not provide insurance, regulate its cost, or make you pay for anybody else's insurance but your own. It doesn't task the IRS with confiscating tax returns and doesn't increase the tax rate to make sure everyone has adequate car insurance coverage.

But that's about the best argument any liberal can come up with... If the typical liberal could rub those two brain cells together again, they might find a new argument.

Edited by SpartaTN
Doesn't Tennessee "by law" require you to buy insurance if you drive a car ?

I can't remember who said it but I heard someone say this is the first time the government has tried to tax someone just for the act of living.

Car insurance only applies to those who chose to drive cars. This new bill requires you to buy a product if you want to continue living and not break the law. If we could travel back in time and explain to our founding fathers what has transpired I think they would be in shock. First thing they would ask is "what in the world is health insurance?" Oh it's this really cool thing you can buy to cover your butt in case you get sick.....(I digress)

I can't remember who said it but I heard someone say this is the first time the government has tried to tax someone just for the act of living.

Car insurance only applies to those who chose to drive cars. This new bill requires you to buy a product if you want to continue living and not break the law. If we could travel back in time and explain to our founding fathers what has transpired I think they would be in shock. First thing they would ask is "what in the world is health insurance?" Oh it's this really cool thing you can buy to cover your butt in case you get sick.....(I digress)

It's more like social security than car insurance

Guest oldsmobile98

Funny article. Thanks for posting it.

i would vote for that bill

You're probably joking, but...

I would never support forcing anyone to own a gun. Choosing to not exercise your rights is a right in itself.

If we could travel back in time and explain to our founding fathers what has transpired I think they would be in shock. First thing they would ask is "what in the world is health insurance?" Oh it's this really cool thing you can buy to cover your butt in case you get sick.....(I digress)

First they would probably say, "'Cover your butt?' Is that not the purpose of undergarments and breeches? And why would you only 'cover your butt' when you are sick? The future must be very strange..."