Anybody shoot older military rifles?

Only 1 Mosin how is this possible i bought 1 then 2 then 3 now 4 lol

I went the diversity route...like I said, I want an M44...but I also want a K31, K98, SVT-40, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, 1903 Springfield, 1917 Eddystone Enfield, Lee Enfield Jungle Carbine, etc etc etc.... The list is on-going and grows almost every day! :dunno:

That straight pull Steyr is a jaw breaker. Only cartridge I ever seen that kicks so hard, to be no bigger than it is. It's a ball to shoot!!

That is one of my recently acquired firearms. I am not familiar with how the 8x57r compares ballistically to the other rounds in these milsurps.

Edited by Ramjo

That is one of my recently acquired firearms. I am not familiar with how the 8x57r compares ballistically to the other rounds in these milsurps.

I don't believe it has anything to do with the cartridge itself. While the rifle is robust and very strong [as long as it's not one of the black powder actions] I believe it's the geometry of the gun itself that gives it such a stout recoil. I'm also of the belief that that is the reason 75% of the hard kicking rifles out there kick so hard.

Guest orlandoave

Yes I do as often as I can. I have an FFL/03 and it has helped acquire the rifles I've wanted.

I have several Mosin Nagants, Carcanos (both calibers), Enfields, Springfield 1903a3, Turkish Gewher 88, Spanish Mauser, Yugoslavian Mauser, MLE 36, and several others.

Two Japanese 7.7 and 6.5 rifles, one with the mum.

I load for every caliber I shoot, and that is what makes it so much more fun.

At the range I see kids and their AR's, AK's and other rapid fire firearms. I'm happy as heck with placement, placement, placement.

One shot at a time, as accurate I can get with my loads and chosen bullet.

.... If I could shoot every day, I would be one of those guys with a room full of old guns (and new ones too).

And the most important thing....., ammo, lots of ammo, lots and lots and lots of ammo! :dirty:

How do you know that you are a Real C&R guy? You buy sealed cases of ammo in a caliber for a rifle that you don't have but "might" have someday!

Edited by DMark

every one I own I shoot I will not buy one if I cannot fire it. Yup some think I am crazy and these guns should not be fired due to the collectable reasons, but ehh thats what they were made for.

Amen to that. If you can't shoot 'em, what's the point? It's a battle rifle fer cryin' out loud.

I went the diversity route...like I said, I want an M44...but I also want a K31, K98, SVT-40, M1 Garand, M1 Carbine, 1903 Springfield, 1917 Eddystone Enfield, Lee Enfield Jungle Carbine, etc etc etc.... The list is on-going and grows almost every day! :dunno:

i also want an SVT-40 but they are a pretty penny when one can be found

i also want an SVT-40 but they are a pretty penny when one can be found

I do too.

Wanna see something that will make you sick? Look at what you can get in Canada and notice the price....http://www.marstar.c...productid=80523 . US dollars are roughly equivalent to Canadian. They've ruined the mags to only hold 5 rounds but for $320 I could live with that.

Edited by Garufa

How does one acquire one of those?

Information for American and Foreign Clients

American Clients: all firearms orders (including firearms clssified as 'C&R') must without exception be accompanied by an approved B.A.T.F. Form 6 import permit in compliance with U.S. federal law. Please note firearms shipments must be sent by air cargo security shipment (rates start at approximately $300.00 USD) because land-based courier companies will not truck firearms across the Canada/U.S. border.

Please contact your local branch of the A.T.F. (U.S. Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco, and Firearms) for further information.

In other words it's not worth the trouble. You can get an SVT-40 for $800-900 in the States that hasn't been molested.

Must be nice to be Canadian. :lol: