I may stir up a hornets nest

Glenn

About the responses I thought I would get, except for the Mormon hate and the "stupid people watch him". Personally I like Beck. I find him much less annoying than Rush or O'reilly and he talks about things that very few others dare to say.

I can't stand Jon Stewart or South Park

Glenn

+1!!! I also like Beck, and like to have a dose of Beck everyday so for the haters there's lots of great TV out there like, American Idol, Dancing with the Stars, Lost and Survivor, those are all highly INTELLIGENT shows, feel free to watch them.... After watching Tuesdays show on Obamas family's history I'm surprised the White House hasn't put a hit out on him... COOP

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't bring myself to watch Beck.

However, I will give credit where credit is due.

He does have some good things on his show along with some good ideas.

His down side is his incredibly over exaggerating spin he puts on everything.

I refuse to watch anything with a far right spin as much as I refuse to watch a far left spin.

I'm not looking for spin, I'm looking for truth.

On the Mormon thing, yeah, lets degrade folks for their choice of religion. ;)

I hate beck for one reason, he tends to want to assert that those who are not Christian are not American in some way, see stuff like that makes me mad cause i don't care what religion you come from thats your own buisness, religion doesn't make the American and the constitution says so. Hes overly dramatic about everything and tends to link things together that have nothing to do with each other, so i steer clear of him and all those other "news/entertainment" people, no point in watching biased news.

It's because you're too old.

Maybe, but I think is is more likely that it is because I prefer to learn something from the limited time I have to watch TV. I outgrew vulger attempts at humor years ago. To me, South park is just not funny and a waste of time. And Jon Stewert, I wouldn't give him air if he was in a jug. But thats just me. The great thing about this country is that, at least for now, everyone is entitled to their own opinion. That may change soon though if our current leaders have their way.

Glenn

I was in Tongduchon in 82-83. Sounds like that's where you were.

Sonya-Ri just east of Munsan, Camp Pelham. Just a tad south of Freedom Bridge. At that time, 1985/86 we had the only active firebase for U.S forces. Had the DPICM aimed right down the roads leading south out of Kaesong!!!

2nd Inf Div, 2/17th Field Artillery, (nuke capable) woo hoo, those were the days! You were over there with the turtle village.

Indian Heads!!

Of course, some of the most famous of the bunch, Jefferson, Franklin, can only fairly be described as Deists, but about 2/3 or so of both the original Declaration of Independence signers and later the delegates that framed the actual Constitution did claim Christian affiliation or one kind or another.

I don't know how many were preechers. ;)

- OS

I just have to note this. Thomas Jefferson wrote a book "The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazerath" also called the Jefferson bible that was published by the Congress of the US and given to every incoming freshman in congress up until the early 1920's. While president he started holding church services in the capital and at the war dept.

The first English language bible published in the US was published by the Congress.

There were preachers among the signers of the declaration of Independence. One was Robert Pain who was the attorney general of Mass.

Glenn

I just have to note this. Thomas Jefferson wrote a book "The Life and Morals of Jesus of Nazerath" also called the Jefferson bible that was published by the Congress of the US and given to every incoming freshman in congress up until the early 1920's.

Have you ever read it?

If you did, it would likely cause you to wonder whether Jefferson was indeed a Christian or not.

Just sayin'...

Have you ever read it?

If you did, it would likely cause you to wonder whether Jefferson was indeed a Christian or not.

Just sayin'...

Can you give a quick summary of why you believe that? I have never read the book myself but have read many things that make me believe he was indeed not a Christian but did believe in some higher power.

Can you give a quick summary of why you believe that? I have never read the book myself but have read many things that make me believe he was indeed not a Christian but did believe in some higher power.

He basically cut out every aspect of Jesus's life that showed him to be divinity, cutting-n-pasting just the parts of the gospels he agreed with. It essentially made Jesus a 'really good' mortal man, completely undermining the entire point of the gospels he edited, imo.

He attended church, etc., and I'm not going to judge him one way or the other, but if you read this book it will likely cause you to rethink his role a bit.

Back to the OP's original post, GLENN BECK and not everyone's religious beliefs, He's very passionate about what he believes and the research his team does, the direction of our country, conservative values, small government, the constitution, the history of our country, our country's fore fathers beliefs. I consider him a political evangelest who gets the word out and tells it like it really is. IMHO!!! COOP

Guest 6.8 AR

What do you think Glenn? Hornet's nest? Nah!!!

I like Beck. I don't like all the commercials. He has good guests

and gives a lot of information.

What do you think Glenn? Hornet's nest? Nah!!!

I like Beck. I don't like all the commercials. He has good guests

and gives a lot of information.

Pretty good thread. I didn't think it would get so much into religion, but that's OK. Over the years I've learned that most people are not going to change their minds on a subject quickly. Maybe over a long period of time (like getting older).

I agree about the commercials. Too many and too repeated. But I understand threats of boycots have scared off most advertisers. I guess a lot of companies are afraid of free speach.

Since I have been a member on this forum I have been a little surprised at some of the opinions here. Not bothered, just surprised.

Glenn

Guest 6.8 AR

If you want to bash Beck, at least you could have gone

to Youtube. Mediamatters is a bit less than a joke for

anything pertaining to the truth. Why don't you just go

straight to moveon.org, if you dislike him that much.

Rachel Maddow is Chris Matthews in drag. They both got

tingly about the messiah.

Guest 6.8 AR
Pretty good thread. I didn't think it would get so much into religion, but that's OK. Over the years I've learned that most people are not going to change their minds on a subject quickly. Maybe over a long period of time (like getting older).

I agree about the commercials. Too many and too repeated. But I understand threats of boycots have scared off most advertisers. I guess a lot of companies are afraid of free speach.

Since I have been a member on this forum I have been a little surprised at some of the opinions here. Not bothered, just surprised.

Glenn

I'm glad you started this one. It will slap you in the face

about some of the responses, but that is a good thing.

You find out real fast the gun toting rednecks aren't all

conservatives like the liberals want you to think. There

are some decidedly liberal attitudes also to be found.

Again, nothing wrong with that. :rock:

1st- He doesn't do his own research.

2nd- He cries entirely too often.

3rd- He used to work for CNN and did their political thing, now Fox's.

4th- He's a Mormon.

It's all for the money, he wouldn't do it if unintelligent people didn't support him.

:up:Point One, So? any good commentator doesn't have time to do all of their own research.

Point Two, Yeah I agree..... but that doesn't make him wrong

Point Three, When he worked for CNN he was the same as he is now, maybe just not as free to say things, but I think that is why he left CNN

Point Four, While I don't agree with the Mormon way of thinking I don't hold that against him

I too can only handle GB for so long, but he is spot on about most of the things he talks about and I really don't care who does his research.

If you want to bash Beck, at least you could have gone

to Youtube. Mediamatters is a bit less than a joke for

anything pertaining to the truth. Why don't you just go

straight to moveon.org, if you dislike him that much.

Rachel Maddow is Chris Matthews in drag. They both got

tingly about the messiah.

You didn't bother to watch the video. It's from MSNBC's air. Doesn't matter which site the video lives on, 'cause it's not their content. Glen Beck is a disk jockey. Let's comapare the two bashees.

Glen Beck: High school education

Rachel Maddow: Undergrad degree, Stanford-Rhodes Scholar-PhD Politics, Oxford

Rachel IS a man trapped in a woman's body

Beck is a woman trapped in a man's body

Beck is a recovering alcoholic and drug addict, and suffers from ADHD.

Sure, Beck is a conservative, and Maddow is a Liberal, but listening to both, I've always had the sense that Rachel is a better journalist, and Glen is a sensationalist. He has had a lot of moments when I agreed, it's hard to buy into somebody completely when they're such a snake oil salesman.

I'm glad you started this one. It will slap you in the face

about some of the responses, but that is a good thing.

You find out real fast the gun toting rednecks aren't all

conservatives like the liberals want you to think. There

are some decidedly liberal attitudes also to be found.

Again, nothing wrong with that. :D

I have always been fiscally conservative, and socially liberal. Right now, I'm just pissed off. I'm tired of being screwed by a wide range of folks... politicians, wall streeters, bankers, etc. I am totally convinced that the folks in DC, on both sides of the asle are out for themselves. Most people in that game are lying their butts off right now, and that includes a lot of broadcasters.

I've said on this board before that I'm witholding judgement on the health care thing until I have a chance to read it MYSELF. There is so much spin coming from these "passionate real people" like Beck that I don't trust a word I hear from them.

If you can't believe what you hear or read, how can you be a strong supporter of any of these clowns?