Traveler's Insurance lies to the victims of accidents.

Sorry but I don't see this ending well for you. While I understand your side of the issue, gone are the days that when a business told you something that you can take that to the bank. Companies are only interested in their bottom line and not honoring an employees misstatement. Even if the statement was in writing you would probably not be able to force them to pay up.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i was referring to dealing with Travelers

Me too.

Going after the other driver seemed to be a last resort and the focus was to "Punish" Travelers by forcing them to stand behind the word of their representative and by costing them customers.

Well, after contacting the other driver, and informing her that I didn't want to, but I would be taking her to small claims court if I had to, she said she would have to call me back. After not getting a call I tried calling a couple more times to keep her up to date as I'm still dealing with Domino's and Traveler's about the whole thing. I received a call from her father in a threatening tone that file a lawsuit if I want but to stop calling her. I think this is a bit of an overreaction, as I was merely attempting to keep her in the loop so she wouldn't be blindsided with the lawsuit. I mean this is just getting ridiculous.

Ebow 1, you may want to rethink that facebook page. Yesterday I heard on the radio where companies are suing people for things like that. I did not hear the whole report so I don't know the specifics. It was on the Kim Commando show. It could be costly to fight something such as that. Just remember that Travelers had much deeper pockets than you.

Everything you publish on the internet is retrievable ... even if you delete it.

Sometimes, walking away is the best thing.

Not saying that is what you should do, there will be all kinds of costs to whatever action you undertake. Are you willing to acknowledge and pay for them?

Guest Jamie

I don't foresee Elbow1 getting what he wants out of this one...

If he sues the girl, her insurance co. - Travellers - will be drug back into it eventually. And also the fact that it's Domino's policy that's really causing the problem here.

Given that, what some Travellers employee said over the phone, probably by mistake, isn't likely to hold much water.

I'll be curious to see how this one turns out.

J.

Im just curious, but what makes you think she wants to know how this whole thing is going? Once I let my insurance company know the details I let them handle everything and I would rather not be bothered by them or the other party. Keep calling them and you could see a counter-suit for harassment especially after being told to stop calling.

Guest Glock23ForMe
Ebow 1, you may want to rethink that facebook page. Yesterday I heard on the radio where companies are suing people for things like that. I did not hear the whole report so I don't know the specifics. It was on the Kim Commando show. It could be costly to fight something such as that. Just remember that Travelers had much deeper pockets than you.

[rant][hijack]

Not saying you're wrong or at fault here, however, what happens to Freedom of the Press or Peaceable Assembly? I mean, honestly, people suing over Facebook pages has gotten out of hand. Amp up the customer service and make PAYING customers smile

[/rant][/hijack]

If you want lost wages, hard to get btw, take her to court, not Travelers. Good luck though and keep us posted.

GGP2J7- I had stopped calling since I was told to. In no way was I trying to harass this woman and as soon as I realized she felt that way I ceased the behavior. I assumed she would want to know what was going on so that she could make a decision on what her actions would be. The first time I contacted her I told I was doing so because I may very well be taking her to court unless she would like to settle. I told her I didn't want to involve any court but I would if I had to and that I was contacting her to dicuss the matter and give her the opportunity to settle. She said she'd have to call me back, never did, so I called periodically to try and get in touch with her. I never left any messages as I didn't want them being used against me out of context.

As for taking anybody to court goes, I'm at the point where I don't give a rat's rear end anymore. I told Traveler's Thursday or so that I needed in writing the policy that justifies the company's actions so that I could get it to my attorney. This is what Domino's told me to say because that usually gets their attention in situations like this. I still haven't heard anything back from them, and their response time on all other things in writing was much faster. This leads me to believe that they don't have a specific policy covering the matter and they're deliberating on how to handle it. That, and they are probably trying to find any trace of me online, especially through facebook since that's the big one. Fortunately I took steps when I first set up my facebook account to make sure that people looking for would not know where to look or what name to look for. I have no doubt that Traveler's will not find me online. Now, if they would either send me the check, or send me the policy, I'll leave everybody alone.

• 2 weeks later...

Traveler's has just sent me an email stating that they will neither send me the check or the policy and that this was explained to me previously. My reply was that if they won't send me the check then the need to send me the policy justifying their actions, seeing as how they won't send me either the only logical conclusion is that said policy does not exist. Without the policy I am only being given the word of their employees and I was already given the word of their employees that I would be receiving the check so it obviously is not that important to the company. That means I'm going to need one or the other.

Guest Jamie

Since you're not the policy holder, they don't have to justify anything to you. That's between them and whoever paid them for the insurance.

Also, since you've posted about how sorry Domino's has been treating you, I doubt you'll find much sympathy from any court concerning the accident, since the damage to your vehicle was covered, and no one involved with that has any control over what your employer does.

Now, if you wanna take Domino's to court for back wadges due to improper conduct on their part, you might have some slim chance... But then again, if you agreed with their policy when you hired on, you may just be out of luck all the way around.

One way or the other, you're likely to spend more money pursuing it than you'll ever get back, I think.

J.

It does Suck he lost 2 weeks pay for an accident for which he was not at fault.

However, hate to say it but had he been injuried they would have had to pay medical bills and probably be forced to pay Lost wages for being unable to work.