BP Oil spill is NOT 'Epic'. Not even close.

Guest Straight Shooter

I have no clue as to Limbaugh's position on this...Im TWICE as right wing as he is, and I havent listened to that asshat in 15 years or more.

And how did this thread turn into a hamburger/veggie/meat/rat turd thread?

Another thread, gone off-topic.

And I see no one yet has taken up my original bet.

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Admin Team
That's the deal. You know exactly what's in it.

I hope you guys know the farmer you're getting it from. Otherwise, you're getting the same CAFO raised beef that may spend the last few weeks of its life with the option of going out into a pasture.

Same with "Free Range" chicken bought at any grocery store including Whole Foods. They raise the birds just like they do non-free range birds. In a house. Difference in the free range birds is that there is a little door that they can go out the last week and a half or so of their life. If you ever see a free range pen, you won't see many chickens walking around because there is an all you can eat buffet inside the house.

I like my meat as much as the next guy, but without knowing the farmers we're getting it from, we are all buying meat from the military industrial complex.

Which oddly, brings us back to oil. We've got cheap food because of oil.

I have no clue as to Limbaugh's position on this...Im TWICE as right wing as he is, and I havent listened to that asshat in 15 years or more.

And how did this thread turn into a hamburger/veggie/meat/rat turd thread?

Another thread, gone off-topic.

And I see no one yet has taken up my original bet.

Limbaugh says that the ocean will take care of itself. Yes, he's an asshat. The thread was diverted due to the gravitational field of Planet Jack :foot:

I'm not taking your bet, because the odds are way in your favor. How long it takes to dissipate or be cleaned up has a lot to do with how much comes on shore. Whatever they can pick up and carry off ceases to do any damage. It's the stuff that has to dissipate naturally that almost never goes away. Some of it may well be there for decades. We just don't know how much at this point.

I hope you guys know the farmer you're getting it from. Otherwise, you're getting the same CAFO raised beef that may spend the last few weeks of its life with the option of going out into a pasture.

Not here, it's a friend who raises grass fed, true free-range beef on their farm.

Same with "Free Range" chicken bought at any grocery store including Whole Foods. They raise the birds just like they do non-free range birds. In a house. Difference in the free range birds is that there is a little door that they can go out the last week and a half or so of their life. If you ever see a free range pen, you won't see many chickens walking around because there is an all you can eat buffet inside the house.
Yep, there are several true free-range chicken farms in TN you can buy from as well. We also get our eggs from a local (true) free-range farm.
Guest jackdm3
Limbaugh says that the ocean will take care of itself. Yes, he's an asshat. The thread was diverted due to the gravitational field of Planet Jack :foot:.

Aww, hell naw! Who brought up Bologna?!:D

Guest db99wj

You know what is amusing, we can argue about how small or large this thing is, but the fact is, and I just checked the live feed, that sucker is still spewing oil.

You know what is amusing, we can argue about how small or large this thing is, but the fact is, and I just checked the live feed, that sucker is still spewing oil.

If they were smart (Jury is still out), they would have designed a bottom seal that tightens under pressure. Something like that probably wouldn't work until they plug the vent pipes.

• Admin Team
Not here, it's a friend who raises grass fed, true free-range beef on their farm.

Yep, there are several true free-range chicken farms in TN you can buy from as well. We also get our eggs from a local (true) free-range farm.

You're lucky to have a friend who raises it. If more people realized the quality of life of their meat, they would spend the time to find a source.

You're lucky to have a friend who raises it. If more people realized the quality of life of their meat, they would spend the time to find a source.

Agreed, it doesn't really cost more (a little bit) but the flavor is so much better.

It's also nice having a freezer with 100+ lbs of beef pretty much all the time.

Guest SUNTZU
To Suntzu,

You and I comprehend things differently, and it's probably because of the individual differences in our lives. I was covered in bird :poop: awhile ago. I've been a VP in a fortune 500 company, with thousands of shares of stock options. I came out of that with my own perspectives. Please understand that I'm not trying to brag, or throw my pecker on the table. Just trying to let you know that I haven't had my head in a bag all these years.

I know you have a ton of experiences too, and I know you're a smart guy.

I watched all of the videos, and I think we CAN find some common ground. Doesn't gun powder smell great? :D

The things that are happening today won't go on forever. The more radical stuff won't happen at all. There is very little you or I can do to change any of it.

I don't think you have your head in a bag, Mike. You asked for the video and I gave it to you. As for the radical stuff NEVER happening, why not? Rome would never convert to Christianity, or fall. Neither would Egypt. The sun never sets on the British empire. Babylon is one hell of a great city, lets go visit. Hell, the United States was formed from revolt. Do some research on Otpor and what other countries they've helped. Radical changes are what have been espoused by this administration. Change out radical with fundamental. Same thing. Fundamental Synonyms, Fundamental Antonyms | Thesaurus.com

So I DO see it as a possibility.

The ones where o n he surface things look fine but if you dig a few inches anywhere on or near the beach you still find oil?

Yah, I've seen those.

Awesome, did you see the animals? Where did that oil come from to begin with? Think of it as saving resources for future generations. Yes, the spill is bad but I'm not going to weep and gnash my teeth over it...since that doesn't help in anyway. So far, Prince Williams Sound looks like its doing okay. It wouldn't have the little pockets of oil if it had wave action according to articles I've read. I wonder what a hurricane would do for it. Man can't even predict the weather correctly, I don't think we can predict whether or not nature is doomed over its own natural product being released.

I'm not trying to come across as an ass, and if I do I apologize, I just think that nature will handle its own. People don't flip out over asphalt being laid down all over the place so long as there is a restaurant, an American Eagle, and a Walmart at the end of it. Plastic bottles galore all over the place, hell just plastic everywhere. This is crude oil, it'll go away. Maybe over generations, but the life still comes back sooner than that. But what do I know, seriously, I just live here. Please excuse my rambling...

People don't flip out over asphalt being laid down all over the place so long as there is a restaurant, an American Eagle, and a Walmart at the end of it. Plastic bottles galore all over the place, hell just plastic everywhere. This is crude oil, it'll go away. Maybe over generations, but the life still comes back sooner than that. But what do I know, seriously, I just live here. Please excuse my rambling...

I don't think anyone here is suggesting we're seeing the end of a species of animal or the end of humanity, but we're pissed at what this WILL do to the ecosystem for a period of time. We're pissed at what it WILL do to the fisherman and such in that area for the foreseeable future. Fact is there are species of fish that left PWS and never returned, killing part of the fishing industry there since the spill, possibly forever.

No one is saying this is an end-game spill, but it's somewhat shocking how some (not saying you) are acting like it's nothing to get upset over. It's a big deal.

Guest SUNTZU
I don't think anyone here is suggesting we're seeing the end of a species of animal or the end of humanity, but we're pissed at what this WILL do to the ecosystem for a period of time. We're pissed at what it WILL do to the fisherman and such in that area for the foreseeable future. Fact is there are species of fish that left PWS and never returned, killing part of the fishing industry there since the spill, possibly forever.

No one is saying this is an end-game spill, but it's somewhat shocking how some (not saying you) are acting like it's nothing to get upset over. It's a big deal.

I hear you. I'm going to Gander Mtn. because I can't do anything about the spill though.

Guest Straight Shooter

Let me hit two points, purely my opnion.

1. As for the earth/ocean taking care of itself. I truly truly believe that is MOSTLY true. Anyone knows me, knows Im the farthest thing from being a tree-hugging granola eater as can be. However, there is a point, maybe with this spill, maybe not, yet anyways, where we, MAN, can do more damage than nature can repair on its own. Im mighty damn afraid this is one of those times.

2. This spill COULD HAVE/ SHOULD HAVE been avoided! BP has gotten away with murder as far as safety violations go. Like coal mining....nothing is ever done untill AFTER the cave-in, and miners die. Now...AFTER the spill, heads may, or may not, roll. WHY..WHY the hell does the government, who tries to micro-manage our lives down to the smallest detail, not enforce these laws before something tragic happens, and 11 men die on a rig, or 30 under the ground? The very thing the government OUGHT to play a role in, they fail miserably. Let me make a little overtime, theyre all over that, getting their money.

The government of the United States of America is broken and unrepairable. It has been, is now, and will continue to be, an un-fixable boondogle of corruption, stupidity, immorality, ignorence and political correctness. We have THREE glaring examples now of utter & complete government in-effectiveness..1. 9-11 2. Katrina 3.This BP spill. There are more of course, but this is THREE times in less than 10 years our government failed US, The People.

How many more times until WE, The People say...Ive had enough of this ****, I aint taking no more. ..TO ARMS!

BP WILL care that I wont go to their station, cause a few million more folks are gonna join me. I aint going no matter what, yall can.

As for Prince William Sound, last week on Larry King one of the fishermen from Deadliest Catch was on, he held up two rocks from the PWS, both STILL oil-soaked TWENTY YEARS later. He also said on the surface,it dont look bad. Stick your finger 6 inches down and everything is black.

And mikegideon, your right. A big hurricane WILL help disperse it, right onto peoples homes, cars, yards, animals, clothes, skin, hair, ponds,creeks, rivers, ect.

Afterwards, gonna still be a crapload left in the ocean, waiting to be "dispersed" again. And again.

But, what do I know.

I have to ask. Maybe I missed it somewhere.

Why are you mad at BP? Do you think they're enjoying the oil spill? Really? 11 people died, a platform sank, the oil that they had planned to refine and sell is pouring out into the sea, and to top it off they have to stop the leak, pay for the cleanup, and then deal with all the bad press/ lawsuits/ etc that are sure to result from this. Why wouldn't they be doing everything in their power to stop it?

Guest Straight Shooter

WHO should I be pissed at? BP has thumbed it nose for years at safety laws. They have tried to downplay and minimze this from DAY1.

They have covered their own ass while doing everything they could to act like they are innocent as lambs in all this. There are fishermen who WEEKS ago signed up to start cleanup, whose boats aint moved an inch. They aint made a dime.

BP has NOT stepped up, with hat in hand, to take care of ANYONE whose livelehood has been exterminated. I dont know about you, if I go a week without a check, Im a screwed goose. Name me ONE thing they have done right, since day one. Why are there already over 200 lawsuits so far?

How can any rational person NOT be upset with BP? The wellhead itself has been proven to improperly made, it did not function as it should have. The head honcho's have given no media interviews to date, and apparently go home each night as though this is a 9 to 5 job. I could go on and on..but does this answer your question?