BP Oil spill is NOT 'Epic'. Not even close.

Guest Bronker
Let's step back and put some perspective on this.

This is a big honking project to tackle. Logistically (pro here) this is a nightmare. They should be doing more....okay, how fast and how much more do you think they could do? Let's try a little exercise.

Straightshooter, I hope you understand the scale of everything going on down there and you have so elegantly stated that apparently there are locals ready to go, they just need that little kiss of cash, but I digress. The 30 military aircraft, fleet of ships from Navy, Coast Guard and contracted private fleets plus ground forces, have run up a bill that Bo has slapped down on BP already, 68 million.

Now the perspective part. Since so much more is apparently possible and should be done, let's use a small scale mock up and see what happens. I want Straightshooter to take every possession he has and move it 10 miles. That's all. One household, 10 miles. See how much transportation and man power you need to muster....oh, and do it by tomorrow! This is important! It has to happen now! People are watching this thread and forming opinions! When you post up that everything you own, rent or lease is 10 miles down the road, we can get a read on if BP and the govt have done everything they can.

Oops, forgot the road block. While your trying to do this, someone will rip off your debit card number and start emptying your bank account (BP stock prices) so you better get the resources to move you fast before the cash drys up.

Oh, one more, local law enforcement, THP and some Federal EPA folks are going to inject some of their policy on your move since they don't want you carrying to heavy a load on public roads or drop your stuff on the side of the road at the 10 mile mark.

Finally, News 5 and WSMV will have to come into your home and watch it all going on....just to be sure your doing it right. We all then get to post our thoughts on how your doing it.

Ready...lets go.

TOUCHE"...and...SNAP!!!!

Great perspective. If I didn't know better, I might would assume you managed and coordinated logistical procedures and processes for a living? Dang.:D

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Bronker
It's becoming my favorite saying.

"I can't help it....I plan things"

Well, plan to put a major dent in the best breakfast you've had in a while tomorrow morning.

Bring a sight pusher with you.:D

Guest Straight Shooter

OhShoot-

Of course I was being sarcastic, glad you caught it. And yes, Ive read your posts, and agree 100%. Just why the hell people refuse to admit/realize/accept what has happened is beyond me. And, Ive said this from nearly day one, BP WILL declare bankruptcy at some point, at the very least tying up their financial resposibility for years to come in the courts. The American taxpayer WILL be the ones to pay for this. In my opinion, and that of others far more learned than I, this is an "unrecoverable" event. Cannot be fixed. Whole, entire ways of life...GONE.

But, we aint entitled to jobs noway, according to El Rushbo.

Anyway, you are absolutely right also, about this being an ingrediant for the "perfect storm" scenario for a U.S. financial meltdown. Another major, major blow to our already weak & staggered economy. BUT, since NOONE is entitled to work....not gonna matter much. We all can just get government benefits and since healthcare is "free", well, DONT WORRY, BE HAPPY!! oops, there go those pesky CAPS LOCKS again....SORRY!

So, if the economy fails, and the bottom half of our coastline is unusable for anything, well THATS LIFE, unfair things happen and we arent guaranteed anything, according to a couple of folks here. I need to wait and see what El Rushbo tells me to do& think next though. Ive got a bad habit of looking at thinks and forming my own opinions, gotta stop that. Ill listen to BP and El Rushbo...THEYLL know just what to do.

As for the...scenario... Rightwinger posted, you forgot to add aliens landing, and monkeys flying out of your ass. Would not have been any more RIDICULOUS & RETARDED than that waste of space you posted.

Guest Bronker
Bronker-

Didnt you just tell me to "ease up on the caps lock"?

TOUCHE' and SNAP yourself!

I would also suggest a grammar refresher.:D

Honestly...what line of work are you in? What is your profession? I'm not setting you up for anything, I'm really curious to see how your perspective might correlate with your profession / educational status?

Edited by Bronker
Guest Bronker
Since you are OBVIOUSLY smart, Im gonna call you GURU from now on.

Ok, GURU?

Want to get personal? You and your 'knife' obviously have no business in this intellectual 'gunfight.'

Please.:D

However, you just answered my question. Carry on.:D

Guest Bronker
Quite perceptive of you.

Bronker is my guru.

loveguru1.jpg

- OS

:D:clap::clap:

Thanks, Chief!

Had to respond to you, but I've got to back out of this thread. I've crapped enough in it!:D

I have a feeling my new friend is not done yet, though!

Guest Bronker
OK....CARRYING ON, GURU!!

:D

What do you think about the BP oil spill? They should pay.

They should send me a check. Capitalist, free enterprise pigs!:D

Guest 6.8 AR

"But, we aint entitled to jobs noway, according to El Rushbo."

Did you need to hear that from "El Rushbo" or did you never learn that before you ever heard of "El Rushbo"? Just what all do you think you're entitled to? If you don't understand that you earn your way in life, rather than suck on the hind tit of big pile of pork, there's a much bigger problem going on than this oil spill. Am I reading this at the Huffington Post? I must be a rightwinged extremist, after all.

If you don't like someone, that's fine, but anyone that has ever achieved anything by their own efforts would be obliged to disagree. You are entitled to a job when you have convinced an employer you have value to that employer. Where would you be if no one is able to employee you? Some entitlement! Key word:Ability

Oh, but this is supposed to be about an evil nasty oil spill.:D

Guest 70below

After seeing how this thread flounders at this point, I certainly am glad I didn't read the whole d*mn thing.

On a note of topic, I was in Prince William Sound before the Exxon Valdez oil spill, and I was there after. Its not the end of the world, at least not due to the continuing spill in the gulf.

After seeing how this thread flounders at this point, I certainly am glad I didn't read the whole d*mn thing. ...

Actually, was mostly lucid for the first 95 posts or thereabouts.

- OS

Edited by OhShoot
I just got word, I may be pulled from my current location tommorow to Mobilize a system to go out on that job, if so I will do my best to stop this leak, will let you all know what I find out

Somebody with a brain needs to go down there. News is that they captured 6000 barrels from the "top hat" in the last 24 hours. That's slightly more than they were gettting from the halfassed suck tube they shoved in the pipe earlier. Probably doesn't even offset the increase in flow from cutting the riser.

WHAT A CLOWN SHOW!

Guest Straight Shooter

Its gonna be alright....El Rushbo and his minions here said so.

Theyre not ENTITLED to anything down there, you know.

Somebody with a brain needs to go down there. News is that they captured 6000 barrels from the "top hat" in the last 24 hours. That's slightly more than they were gettting from the halfassed suck tube they shoved in the pipe earlier. Probably doesn't even offset the increase in flow from cutting the riser.

Indeed.

More than a few of us suspect BP is less concerned with plugging this leak than they are of losing their entire investment in this well, hence the seemingly half-*ssed attempts.

Guest Skully

The media has an agenda and it isnt pro-business.

Sorry, gotta stop drinking now. I thought that was news for a second.

Guest 6.8 AR
I just got word, I may be pulled from my current location tommorow to Mobilize a system to go out on that job, if so I will do my best to stop this leak, will let you all know what I find out

I know you're doing your part, and the best you can. Keep up the good work.