Do you flaunt your permit?

Guest Caveman
I like the sound the velcro patch makes on my Elite Tactical CONTACT hat when I change out between the subdued to the coyote tan or or the multicam badges. When rolling in teams Caveman and I have the tactical P.O.L.I.C.E. S.W.A.T. K-9 jackets with the pulldown tabs so that our hidden HANDGUN CARRY PERMIT HOLDER patches can be dropped at a moment's notice. I think using break free as underarm deodorant and Hoppe's 9 as an aftershave lets the badguys know who they are dealing with....and I see them everywhere....and they know it...

I forgot to tell you I just bought us a decommissioned Crown Victoria. I am having it painted black and the windows tinted. I have installed a long range CB antenna on the trunk and I joined the FOP to get a sticker for the license plate. Also, Greene's said our custom BDU's should be here any day now.

Edited by Caveman
  • Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SUNTZU
I forgot to tell you I just bought us a decommissioned Crown Victoria today. I am having it painted black and the windows tinted. I have installed a long range CB antenna on the trunk and I joined the FOP to get a sticker for the license plate. Also, Greene's said our custom BDU's should be here any day now.

They WILL respect my authoritah!

I find the irony sort of funny. A lot of folks who "flaunt" it do so with the attitude of expressing their "rights", never considering the fact that it is a direct slap in the face of the 2A and an infringement of those rights. :rolleyes:

Guest cheez

I was setting up a new power company account a few weeks ago. I was asked for two forms of ID. I handed MY DL first and asked what else would work. First word out of the girls mouth was "a HCP will work too" I handed mine to her and she made copies of both. I don't flaunt my HCP but it does work as a second form of ID if asked.

Funny thing is when you get right down to it, your DL and your HCP are not two independent forms of ID, since they have the same number and the info all comes from the same database....

But if everyone is happy...then so what...lol

I find the irony sort of funny. A lot of folks who "flaunt" it do so with the attitude of expressing their "rights", never considering the fact that it is a direct slap in the face of the 2A and an infringement of those rights. :lol:

Seems the only folks that dislike things like this are those with permits.

No one else gives two shakes of your favorite appendage whether or not a permit gets used as ID. ;)

Funny thing is when you get right down to it, your DL and your HCP are not two independent forms of ID, since they have the same number and the info all comes from the same database....

But if everyone is happy...then so what...lol

Not exactly. DL do not have the same background database or requirements to obtain. The number is linked to the social and the social is linked to criminal records etc. However a HCP is, on face value, a guarantee of no felonies etc, that the DL does not. So in essence they are as different as a DL and passport or any other ID that is linked through social security numbers..

Not exactly. DL do not have the same background database or requirements to obtain. The number is linked to the social and the social is linked to criminal records etc. However a HCP is, on face value, a guarantee of no felonies etc, that the DL does not. So in essence they are as different as a DL and passport or any other ID that is linked through social security numbers..

Yes there is more to get one than the other...my point is as far as saying who you are they are the same thing and come from the same place.

When you a LEO checks you HCP status...it is done by actually checking your DL and there is just a seperate field for a HCP. There is not a seperate HCP database to check.

Guest Dean Wormer

I have my permit behind my driver license, if I have to take the license out, all you see is the backside. The only time someone sees my permit is either a curious friend who is thinking about getting their own and wants to know what they look like, or a LEO.

Why blow your cover? The stranger you showed it to may tell a friend who will tell a friend who will....

Use search please. That has been discussed to death.

What are you the "thread discussed to death" police? It was just for a quick response and not meant to stray too far from original thread. Being new to tgo I don't know what's been discussed. I would think this original post would have been "discussed to death." Any topics discussed again gives other members who have not taken part in previous posts to do so. So, relax and don't be such a thread nazi. :poop:

What are you the "thread discussed to death" police? It was just for a quick response and not meant to stray too far from original thread. Being new to tgo I don't know what's been discussed. I would think this original post would have been "discussed to death." Any topics discussed again gives other members who have not taken part in previous posts to do so. So, relax and don't be such a thread nazi. :poop:

Not knowing what has been discussed is a good reason to do a search before posting a question. Thereby contributing to a discussion that is/has already taken place instead of starting a new one.

HCP badges and us your HCP as ID aren't really realted.

HCP Badges have been discussed at length many times on here.

By his being a Super Mod it is sort of his Job to be a Nazi about somethings...

So relax.... :)

Not knowing what has been discussed is a good reason to do a search before posting a question. Thereby contributing to a discussion that is/has already taken place instead of starting a new one.

HCP badges and us your HCP as ID aren't really realted.

HCP Badges have been discussed at length many times on here.

By his being a Super Mod it is sort of his Job to be a Nazi about somethings...

So relax.... :)

Wow, thanks for your $.02 but the badge is related to the thread since the discussion involves "flaunting." One of the benefits of forums is so that members can partake in current discussions. Is discussing an old topic really going to upset someone or put them out??? Should everyone search what they are about to write before they reply? Being a mod, he should watch for other things like profanity and whatever else that would upset other members. I hardly doubt briefly mentioning a topic that's been previously discussed would really upset anyone and I think you guys are taking the "moderator" thing a bit too seriously. :rolleyes:

CartmanAuthoritah.jpg

Edited by sck
Guest Jamie

Y'know, Sck, if you'd just poke around the forums a little bit, you might figure out that your present manner and demeanor isn't conducive to a long and happy stay here at TGO...

But welcome to TGO just the same. :rolleyes:

J.

Y'know, Sck, if you'd just poke around the forums a little bit, you might figure out that your present manner and demeanor isn't conducive to a long and happy stay here at TGO...

But welcome to TGO just the same. :)

J.

LOL!!!!:rolleyes: My present manner and demeanor is just fine. You don't need to worry about my stay here at tgo. Thank you, much appreciated :D

edit: pm me if you need to discuss this further, let's leave this thread for it's intended purpose!

Edited by sck
Guest Jamie
LOL!!!!:D My present manner and demeanor is just fine. You don't need to worry about my stay here at tgo. Thank you, much appreciated :rofl:

edit: pm me if you need to discuss this further, let's leave this thread for it's intended purpose!

Nah, not worth the bother. I'll leave you to learn on your own.

It's gotten too quite around here anyways, the last couple of hours or so. Hell, there hasn't been anybody banned since, what? *looks at watch* 3:30pm? :):rofl:

:rolleyes:

J.

Guest SUNTZU
Wow, thanks for your $.02 but the badge is related to the thread since the discussion involves "flaunting." One of the benefits of forums is so that members can partake in current discussions. Is discussing an old topic really going to upset someone or put them out??? Should everyone search what they are about to write before they reply? Being a mod, he should watch for other things like profanity and whatever else that would upset other members. I hardly doubt briefly mentioning a topic that's been previously discussed would really upset anyone and I think you guys are taking the "moderator" thing a bit too seriously. :rolleyes:

CartmanAuthoritah.jpg

But welcome to TGO just the same. :D

J.

LOL!!!!:rofl: My present manner and demeanor is just fine. You don't need to worry about my stay here at tgo. Thank you, much appreciated :D

It's gotten too quite around here anyways, the last couple of hours or so. Hell, there hasn't been anybody banned since, what? *looks at watch* 3:30pm? :rofl:;)

:)

J.

miyagi.gif

You were warned. :D

CartmanAuthoritah.jpg

By your reasoning then a discussion on dressing in weird clothes would be ok in this thread as it might be considered flaunting.

No one is saying that you can't discuss old topics, just there is no need to start new discussions on them...and that they should be kept in threads on that topic.

What you posted about badges wasn't a "reply", but as far as searching before you post a question...the answer is Yes. Also

However I am glad your finally here to tell those of us that have been here much longer how to do our jobs as mods.

Besides my pitiful excuse for a life leaves doesn't give me much pleasure other than being a mod on TGO and wielding my infinite power that it gives me to mess with those less fortunate...........

It's gotten too quite around here anyways, the last couple of hours or so. Hell, there hasn't been anybody banned since, what? *looks at watch* 3:30pm? :rofl::D

J.

Wow, you just can't leave it alone can you? I remember you now. You're the one that can't comprehend state laws and you just kept arguing and arguing just to keep arguing. OMG and you're the one who said you're a cop, right? LOL!!! I was even being nice to you when I deleted some of those derogatory remarks about you. I get it, is this why you're replying on this post...trying to make me look bad? You're so silly ;):lol::D:lol:. By the way, YOU ARE COOL DUDE :D:rofl::rofl::rofl: "let me side with the moderator so they like me, YAY." Can you say "WEASEL?" OMG, and they let you carry a gun??? Go argue with someone with a limited mental capacity such as yourself, you're way in over your head here. Let the adults talk!

-NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. THEY WILL BRING YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL...AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!:)

Wow, you just can't leave it alone can you? I remember you now. You're the one that can't comprehend state laws and you just kept arguing and arguing just to keep arguing. OMG and you're the one who said you're a cop, right? LOL!!! I was even being nice to you when I deleted some of those derogatory remarks about you. I get it, is this why you're replying on this post...trying to make me look bad? You're so silly :rofl::lol:;):lol:. By the way, YOU ARE COOL DUDE :D:rofl::rofl::rofl: "let me side with the moderator so they like me, YAY." Can you say "WEASEL?" OMG, and they let you carry a gun??? Go argue with someone with a limited mental capacity such as yourself, you're way in over your head here. Let the adults talk!

-NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. THEY WILL BRING YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL...AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!:)

• Moderators
Wow, you just can't leave it alone can you? I remember you now. You're the one that can't comprehend state laws and you just kept arguing and arguing just to keep arguing. OMG and you're the one who said you're a cop, right? LOL!!! I was even being nice to you when I deleted some of those derogatory remarks about you. I get it, is this why you're replying on this post...trying to make me look bad? You're so silly :rofl::lol::rofl::lol:. By the way, YOU ARE COOL DUDE :):rofl::D:rofl: "let me side with the moderator so they like me, YAY." Can you say "WEASEL?" OMG, and they let you carry a gun??? Go argue with someone with a limited mental capacity such as yourself, you're way in over your head here. Let the adults talk!

-NEVER ARGUE WITH AN IDIOT. THEY WILL BRING YOU DOWN TO THEIR LEVEL...AND BEAT YOU WITH EXPERIENCE!!!!!!!!:rolleyes:

BooHoo-Big_baby.jpg
By your reasoning then a discussion on dressing in weird clothes would be ok in this thread as it might be considered flaunting.

Flaunting and ID and flaunting a badge are closely related. Your reasoning of flaunting clothes is a poor choice and has no bearing on the current discussion. Do your job correctly and I wouldn't have to tell you how to do it. This isn't neurosurgery. The other mod should have PM'd me if they thought my response was out of line. What was the use in pointing it out within the thread?