Favorite Musicians/Artists

Guest jackdm3

You're gonna die, dude!

Not by me, but some day.

I have all the Dokkens, 2 Lynch Mobs and then he disappears? Shows up and it's less than best with other efforts? That really saddened me.

Edited by jackdm3
  • Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Who

Mozart

Johnny Cash

Metallica

Willie

Waylon

AC/DC

Larry Gatlin

John Conlee

Nitty Gritty Dirt Band (Will the Circle Be Unbroken should be in every record collection)

I listen to too many different genres and many artists to pick just one. Hell, I have about 40Gb on my Ipod, currently.

Like Jamie, I have too many to list. But usually on the top of the pile will be found some of these; in no particular order.

Brad Paisley/Garth Brooks/Jethro Tull/Al Stewart/Sugarland/Jimmy Buffet/Matt Murphy/SRV/BB King/Marty Robbins/Johnny Horton/Marc Cohn/Mark Knoffler/Blues Brothers/Meatloaf/and did I mention Jennifer Nettles and Sugarland..really like her...and her voice too.

I appreciate and have a lot of favorites. My tastes have changed and grown broader over the years, but there is only one I refuse to turn down when played on the radio or I put in a CD or break out the vinyl.

Led Zeppelin.

Maybe not the best, but still the greatest rock band ever. :(

I appreciate and have a lot of favorites. My tastes have changed and grown broader over the years, but there is only one I refuse to turn down when played on the radio or I put in a CD or break out the vinyl.

Led Zeppelin.

Right behind the Eagles.:D

Sorry but I can't stand people that sing through their nose.

Hey, but at least she can enunciate the lyrics and be understood. Unlike some of the screaming banshee styles of today where the lyrics are so foul you have to drown them out with noise...uh music, that is.

Yeah, I know I'm just old and don't like the kid's music today. But that's okay, you'll be there someday too.

Led Zeppelin.

Greensboro '76. Great show.

Guest Lester Weevils

I like all kinds of music-- Country AND Western.

Classical (Mozart's era)

Baroque (Bach's era)

Some Romantic era (ferinstance Mendelssohn)

There's this German clarinetist, Dieter Klocker, who manages to find his way onto lots of tasty classical CDs along with other good wind players and various size string ensembles-- Rossini overtures, Hoffmeister, Weber, Von Schacht, etc.

R&B-Soul-Beach Music-- Ray Charles, James Brown, Maceo Parker, Booker T, Stevie Wonder, Average White Band, Leon Russell

Blues-- Koko Taylor, Muddy Waters, Taj Mahal, Butterfield Blues Band, Allman Bros, Little Feat

Jazz-- Classic Bop, Dixieland, Ragtime Piano, old riff-based black big band, some funky jazz especially Horace Silver. Bela Fleck, Jay McShann, Les Paul, Lionel Hampon, Mose Allison

Rock-- Quicksilver, Airplane, Stevie Wonder, Wishbone Ash, Cream, Grateful Dead, Hendrix, Little Feat, Neil Young, Procol Harum, Moody Blues, ZZ Top, Creedence Clearwater, Yardbirds

Just about all instrumental garage band Surf Music and 1950s-1960s rock instrumental hits (Hideaway, Honky Tonk, Tequila, Telstar). Ventures. Shadows.

1950's early rock (Chuck Berry, Jerry Lee Lewis, Eddie Cochran, Little Richard, Buddy Holly, Coasters)

1960's radio hits

Folk like early Gordon Lightfoot, Tom Rush, Jesse Winchester

Instrumental hot pickin like Hellecasters, Brent Mason, Herby Wallace, Thumbs Carlisle

Tom Waits, who occupies a category all to himself

SRV

Clapton

Brad Paisley

George Strait

Hey, but at least she can enunciate the lyrics and be understood. Unlike some of the screaming banshee styles of today where the lyrics are so foul you have to drown them out with noise...uh music, that is.

Yeah, I know I'm just old and don't like the kid's music today. But that's okay, you'll be there someday too.

I'm kinda there now. I listen to a very eclectic mix of music from every generation. But no matter how clearly they enunciate or how well they write lyrics, if they can't sing properly, I am not spending my money on them. Which is why I have never and will never own a Bob Dylan record and Johnny Cash's American Records volumes suck!