Pacer vs. Gremlin

Guest jackdm3

Pacer vs. Gremlin  

36 members have voted

1. 1. Pacer vs. Gremlin

Guest jackdm3

You really need a car quick, and that's all that's available. You've got the stylish Gremlin with the flat top for mounting a machinegun nest and for carrying more stuff in an EOTWAWKI scene or you can store more inside the bubbleback of the Pacer. What do you do? What do you do?

Addition: If it had a dead motor, how would you upgrade?

Edited by jackdm3
  • Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest db99wj

Gremlin of course. What the hell is a pacer. You don't want to pace the enemy, you want to destroy, Gremlins destroy, haven't you ever seen the movie?!?

Movie humor and whatnot aside.

I will take the Pacer anyday over a Gremlin.

I had a girlfriend back in highschool who's sister had a Gremlin, as well as a friend who had one. They were broke down perpetually. Both had bad rust on the floorboards, and the car was just not very well made. Did not ride well, were not very comfortable. Tried to get laid in the girlfriend's sister's Gremlin one night and it was just bad. Cops ended up knocking on the steamed up windows , so we never got the chance to finish.

Anyway the Gremlin's were pretty much POS's.

I later dated a girl whose parents had a Pacer. I tell you it was a nice car. Well appointed, comfortable and roomy. I did not do it in that car, but I distinctly remember thinking I would have been big enough. Lots of head and elbow room, yanno.

Give me the Pacer anytime.

Guest mosinon

as a former owner of a pacer I would definitely go for the bubble. When it craps out you have a terrarium left to grow veggies in.

I owned an orange 73 Gremlin X. 304cu in V-8. Hooker headers hush thrush mufflers. Motorcraft intake manifold with a 4 barrel carb and a 3.51 rear end. That car liked to got me kilt. Sheriff Pearson couldn't catch me...but he knew where I lived. I got home one night and he was parked in my driveway. He had a talk with my dad. The next day I had to trade the Gremlin in on a VW Beetle. Saved my life............

Guest Swamprunner

My mother had a Pacer. She called it the "Moon Car". That dang thing was like a greenhouse in the Summer.

Oh, yeah, she traded a barracuda for it. That was jest wrong.

~swamp

My mother had a Pacer. She called it the "Moon Car". That dang thing was like a greenhouse in the Summer.

Oh, yeah, she traded a barracuda for it. That was jest wrong.

~swamp

OMG...traded a 'Cuda for a Pacer!!! What a crime.

Anyway...Gremlin for me. I came close to getting one back in the day...purple. I always thought the bad thing about the Pacer was everyone could see way too much of what's going on inside the car. Back in my high school days that was an important factor to me. These were the days before tinted windows of course.

Guest Lester Weevils

A friend had a Pacer and at the time I thought it looked pretty kewl. Then took a ride in it and noticed that semi truck tires are exactly the same height as those huge side windows.

Heck if you can't afford a Rambler Marlin, at least hunt up a good Chevy Vega or Ford Pinto! Only the highest quality vinyl-coated cardboard interior.

Those 1960's Saabs-- They looked like the designer made a clay model then accidentally sat on it before taking the model to industrial engineering for tool-making. I figgered that Saab designer eventually left Saab to work for AMC and design the Pacer and Gremlin.

I owned an orange 73 Gremlin X. 304cu in V-8. Hooker headers hush thrush mufflers. Motorcraft intake manifold with a 4 barrel carb and a 3.51 rear end. That car liked to got me kilt. Sheriff Pearson couldn't catch me...but he knew where I lived. I got home one night and he was parked in my driveway. He had a talk with my dad. The next day I had to trade the Gremlin in on a VW Beetle. Saved my life............

The reason he talked to dad was because he did not want to arrest you and tell the judge that he was out run by a gremlin. :)

Are there any Pacers or Gremlins still on the road? It's really a null choice. Why have to choose between one non-running car and another non-running car? Back in the '70's, I had friends with each one. They did not last long. Remember, this was in the heyday of American automobile manufacturer's Great Experiment in Poor Design and No Quality Control!

Guest 1817ak47

the pacer makes for one hell of a tough demo car in the compacts class. the tiny pacers wegh like 3400 or so pounds. that is aboutthe same as what eth 69 dodge charger aka general lee weighs.