Thinking about a Glock

flyanything

I've never shot or handled a Glock or really know anything about them. I do hear a lot of discussion about them. Even Gunney likes em. Where can I shoot a G21 and a G21C to see if I like them. I also have to consider that to get one I would have to sell my Kimber Custom 2. That would be a far fetch for seeing how smooth and accurate and eating any kind of ammo I throw at it,it is. That Glock would have to really impress me. I should be able to get a gen.4 with night sights for my Kimber easy. Just wandering. Anybody want to trade up for about 20 minutes one day at G&L?

Oh BTW: Just keep hijacking that other thread so I can read relevant posts. Thanks.:D

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Glock23ForMe

I wouldn't buy the compensated version (G21C). To me, the extended flash and sound isn't worth what you get out of the smaller amount of recoil. Personally, my first gun was/is a Glock 23 and I love it. I play around with it at the range, and it's my first line of home defense. Cannot go wrong with a Glock. Reliable, dependable, and the best gun ever...

Bwahhhhahhh.

No really, Glocks are nice.

I don't know why you'd sell a 1911 to buy a Glock. I have a Springfield 1911 Mil-spec. It is mostly relegated to range gun status due to the weight and the fact that I haven't bought any extra Wilson Combat 47d magazines for it. It does hide better than my Glock due to the thickness.

My Glock 23 stays on my hip as often as possible. Guns & Leather probably has a 21 they'll let you rent.

ETA: Gunny likes them because Glock gives him money.

Well I'm only considering a G21 becuase most of my weapons are .45ACP. I don't carry a 1911, nor will I carry a Glock. I have that area taken care of. The Kimber stays under my pillow. I'll call G&L tomorrow and see if they have a G21. Most I saw there was for the HCP class and chambered in .22. I'll probably go up there to shoot my new CX4 Saturday, or maybe Monday or Tuesday. I just know I'm going to shoot some before surgery Wednesday.

Guest Straight Shooter

I myself got rid of a Kimber 1911 about 5 years ago to get my Glock 21. Hands down, I prefer the Glock. That Kimber was a total P.O.S., I wouldnt trust it to shoot cans with, much less defend myself. The Glock has many advantages, and a couple a disadvantages, like every other gun, even the....GAAASP....1911.

One MUST allow time to get used to the trigger. DRY FIRE, DRY Fire, DRY FIRE...is the word here. And some must allow time to get used to the grip. Again..dry fire helps tremendously.

But, the damn things are super reliable, with GLOCK factory mags, not the aftermarket and Korean made crap. They are tough, and mine is more than accurate enough. I hope you can put a couple hundred rounds downrange soon to see for yourself. DONT be afraid to refuse to drink the 1911 kool-aid.

Guest The Highlander

I have both Kimbers and Glocks as well. I don't know that I would sell either to buy the other (did that make sense?). Any rate, I really enjoy both 1911's and Glocks. If I really could only have one, it would probably go to the Glock for the round count edge and reliability. I have small hands, and shoot both the G20 and G29, because when I got them there was no SF versions. If buying today, I'd certainly get either the SF, or just wait until the Gen 4 frame works its way into all the sizes. Actually, unless I see a smoking deal on a G34, that is exactly what I'm waiting on...a Gen 4 G34.

Hey, there is a thought for you. Just keep saving toward a Gen 4 G21 instead of trading now. By the time they are available, you will have enough to buy the Glock outright without sacrificing a Kimber.

The Highlander

I called G&L and they do have a G21 I can rent. I'm goint to try it out. If it's a have to have thing, my Kimber will be posted in the classifieds. Also, how often do they change generations? I guess a 4th Gen. G21, G30, G36 isn't made yet?

Edited by flyanything
I called G&L and they do have a G21 I can rent. I'm goint to try it out. If it's a have to have thing, my Kimber will be posted in the classifieds. Also, how often do they change generations? I guess a 4th Gen. G21, G30, G36 isn't made yet?

You are correct, not made yet. Well the Glock as we know it has been made since the mid 80's and we are on the 4th gen if that tells you anything. Glock only makes changes when they really really have come to the conclusion they have or need to do it. There is no set time period on which they make changes, but like all good Germanic engineers, they don't like change too often. :lol:

I have a 19, it is my carry. I am very fond of it and it has never malfunctioned on me. I grew up with SA revolvers, so the trigger was something new to me. I wanted a reliable carry piece and something simple to use in case my wife, who is not gun savvy, needed to use it.

I have since suggested Glocks to several folks I know, having convinced coworkers to buy both a 23 and a 30.

I have shot the 30 several times, and I like it. However, much to opposite of what is mentioned above, I have large hands (although I love my 19 and it is comfortable, it is too small for my hands honestly) I would prefer the 21.

Got a 21sf a couple months ago. Like it a lot. I elected to get the 21sf with the picatiny rail instead of the standard glock rail. My personal recomendation is to go with the glock rail. The pic rail is more prone to hang on stuff when drawing. I have not heard anyone say they prefer the standard fat 21 over the sf.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I am new on here and have an assortment of handguns and am always wondering what the big deal with glocks are and why alot if people on here seem to compare two way different hanguns like the well tried and done 1911 and a glock. These are two completely different guns. I personally don't like glocks and own two a 19 and a 27. And of course own a couple 1911s my grandads 1911a1 and a springield operator, which I like shooting the old grandad more than the operator. Anyways why don't you look into the Springfield xd, and if you can spend a little more I def Would say get hk.

I did not like Glocks when I first tried them,actually I hated it

now after a few more trys at the range I found that I liked them allot

I bought one and its my fav gun I own,it takes allot of shooting if many brands of guns IMO to appreciate

just how accurate and easy to shoot the Glock is...