Stopped by The Outpost Armory today... (8/28/10)

• Administrator

I've been slacking pretty hard on my gun shop visits for the past months. Mostly due to my insane work schedule, but partially due to knowing better than to go places that would take my money in exchange for new toys that go boom. I'm still exercising discipline in the latter, but I had a need for some pepper spray for an upcoming business trip to the land of Fruits and Nuts... so I took a trip toward Christiana today.

If you haven't seen the renovations going on at The Outpost, you're in for a treat. An expanded showroom is almost done and the place was literally packed with gear. Almost so much that you couldn't walk in places; but you won't hear me complaining about that and I suspect you won't hear anyone else complaining either.

I'm really impressed with how the place is shaping up! Chris and Butch both said they hope to have the new expansion complete in October, and I'm looking forward to seeing the end result.

Now... I just need to convince my wife that I need that Nighthawk T3 in the display case. ;)

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

California? If so, they wouldn't let you have that T3 anyway. From what I understand, Nighthawk has to ship the T3 without the mag well to CA. You know that mag well is the cause of so many gun crimes!

BTW, I picked up a T3T last year (same gun, just in stainless). I absolutely love it.

Well, hell if you are heading out to San Fran, and since everyone has already warned you to watch your ass. Here is a request, Stop in at Mythbusters and teach them a few things about firearms. We can't have rookies trying to explain all gun myths.

If you have a car and want to kill a bunch of time sitting it traffic, the Winchester house is down in San Jose. I was in San Jose in 2008 on business and really wanted to get by the Winchester house but I just didn't have time. It would have been cool to tour.

The Outpost is a great shop in a great location and a pretty good selection too. They also have the cutest gun sales gal that's ever sold me a gun. Well, she's actually the only female gun sales clerk I've ever met, but she's still cute.

Guest Glock23ForMe

That's awesome. I've always wanted to go to San Francisco. My dad goes for the Blues Festival, but I've never been able to. Good Luck, don't come back walking funny, and be safe.

We look for a full report of all the touristy and cool places you visit, with pictures of course.

Guest tnxdshooter
Well, hell if you are heading out to San Fran, and since everyone has already warned you to watch your ass. Here is a request, Stop in at Mythbusters and teach them a few things about firearms. We can't have rookies trying to explain all gun myths.

I would say that they are rookies on some stuff. But that dude jamie used to be a navy seal so I think he knows more than he lets on.

I would say that they are rookies on some stuff. But that dude jamie used to be a navy seal so I think he knows more than he lets on.

He wasn't a SEAL. Or even in the Navy.

David, sounds like a fun trip. I must have just missed you at the store.

Mike

I was not comparing it to eating on the "Wharf", although I have been there many times. I travel on biz and dined all over the US. Outpost is near a customer of mine, so I stop. Not often you can shop for guns/gear and grab lunch in the same place. That's all...............

Guest mustangdave

Like the OP....I've been slacking off a bit in my gun shop visits...need to get out more...leave the bunker so to speak. Just might have to take a trip to OUT POST this weekend.