What Does Your Carry Gun Say About You?

Guest SUNTZU

From the Gun Nuts Media Blog

There are lots of choices out there for carry guns, and because each gun is a personal choice your carry gun is a statement, whether or not you feel it is. It says something about you.

What you think it says: “I am suave, sophisticated pistolero that will only carry the finest in defensive handguns.â€

What it actually says: “I really enjoy buying spare parts and endlessly testing magazines to make sure they work with my archaic firearm.â€

Glock

What you think it says: “I am a serious shooter, dedicated to my sport and self defense and so I carry the most popular firearm in law enforcement.â€

What it actually says: “I didn’t want to do any actual research before buying a gun, so I just bought this hunk of plastic.â€

Smith & Wesson M&P

What you think it says: “I am a smart shooter! While I value the durability and lightweight of the polymer pistols, you should be able to customize your firearm for your hand size, which is why I carry an M&P.â€

What it actually says: “The store was out of Glocks and the guy said this was like a Glock only better.â€

Sig

What you think it says: “I am an elite shooter. This is the weapon of choice of Navy SEALs, and that means it’s awesome, so I’M AWESOME.â€

What it actually says: “Long trigger pulls are okay with me! First shot accuracy isn’t important anyway, it’s all about volume of fire!â€

HK

What you think it says: “Carrying this pistol means I’m serious about pistol-craft! I am a civilian WARRIOR.â€

What it actually says: “I suck, and my gun hates me.â€

Revolvers

What you think it says: “This is a more elegant weapon from a more civilized age; I am a connoisseur of firearms akin to the Jedi Knights and their lightsabers.â€

What it actually says: “I have trouble counting past six, and having a lot of ammo in a gunfight isn’t that important to me.â€

A Taurus

What you think it says: “While budget conscious, I am able to spot a deal on a quality firearm and take advantage of it.â€

What it actually says: “Herp-derp.â€

What does your carry gun say about you?

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest 1817ak47

if my guns could talk they would say this;

taurus PT 709 this owner values the relatively powerful 9 luger round over the much overpriced 380 cartridge and the added beneficial stopping power. my owner like that my stainless finish has not rusted in the 3 months of being in his sweaty ass pockets in this hot summer tn heat we have had this year. no one around him knows I am present in his pocket. he has let many others try me out and everyone really likes ther experience trying me out. damn he has dirty pockets often filled with sawdust etc, but he still hasn't made me ever have any problems with function yet. my owner doesn't take good care of me

xd9 4" I was chosen cause I am a reliable robust shooter, I have stainless mag material and the ability to really pack a big load of ammo. he had knocked me out from under the pillow onto the hardwood floor numerous times, but I have steel sights front and rear unlike some other pistols that still are dead one.

if my guns could talk they would say this;

taurus PT 709 this owner values the relatively powerful 9 luger round over the much overpriced 380 cartridge and the added beneficial stopping power. my owner like that my stainless finish has not rusted in the 3 months of being in his sweaty ass pockets in this hot summer tn heat we have had this year. no one around him knows I am present in his pocket. he has let many others try me out and everyone really likes ther experience trying me out. damn he has dirty pockets often filled with sawdust etc, but he still hasn't made me ever have any problems with function yet. my owner doesn't take good care of me

xd9 4" I was chosen cause I am a reliable robust shooter, I have stainless mag material and the ability to really pack a big load of ammo. he had knocked me out from under the pillow onto the hardwood floor numerous times, but I have steel sights front and rear unlike some other pistols that still are dead one.

How does that cork hold up in this humidity though? :ugh:

Ummmm...... wow.

I liked this comment from the original article:

Ruger LCP:

What you think it says: I have the perfect carry gun, so small and lightweight that I can carry it everywhere. The governor of Texas shot a coyote with one, so it must be cool.

What it actually says: I don’t train or practice realistically, and I probably don’t practice or train at all. Unless my attacker is really close, gives me lots of pre-attack cues and time to draw from my ‘cheapest I could find’ pocket holster, and is scared off by the sound of gunfire, my odds of survival in a real fight are lousy, even though I believe they are pretty good, just because I “have a gun”.

Edited by DaddyO
Guest 70below

Kel-Tec:

What you think it says: "I'm dedicated to my self-defense, and I made a frugal and cost conscious choice that is small, compact, convenient, and easily concealable.

What it actually says: I was too cheap to pay more than $300, and I don't mind only carrying 6rds of BB's because I don't really care if I carry or not.

Guest 1817ak47

I was woundering how long it would take someone to make a comment about hte corked gun. I wanted to finda pic like what you see in the older cartoons where they shot a cork frm the end of there gun but couldn't find one

Guest Travtastik

Kahr

What you think it says: “I have sophisticated tastes, and I appreciate fine craftsmanship and superior engineering.”

What it actually says: “I have more money than brains. Oh, and the Asian chick in the ad was hot.”

XD:

What you think it says: “I want the durability and capacity of the polymer framed gun, but with the ergonomics of the legendary 1911.â€

What it actually says: “I want to have a popular black gun, but still show my independent streak by getting a different black gun than everyone else.â€

HAHA so true though

Guest Glock23ForMe
I have to ask, is there any personal defense hand gun that is not going to get chewed up and spit out?

This list is not helping me decide what I want to carry at all.

Glock

[/thread]

Guest drv2fst

Hollywood has invented the (almost) perfect gun.

It's perfectly concealable. So concealable it's usually not even there, until it's time for some shootin'. You can wear a Speedo and pull out a .45 when you need to.

It has no weight. You can run, jump, flip, swim, whatever and it does not bother you or shift out of position.

It has unlimited ammo (most of the time). Shoot as much as you want. You'll never runout of ammo until the BG does also so you can fight hand to hand.

The only downsides:

The accuracy is inconsistent. You can fire 300 rounds at the BG's in a medium sized room and hit everything except your target(s). Then you fire at your partner (who has been taken hostage by the BG but is wearing a Bullet-proof-vest) and you can either hit the BG right between the eyes from 50 yards away, OR hit the hostage in the vest and then shoot the BG while he is staggering and looking surprised.

The stopping power is inconsistent. The rounds are capable of either dropping any BG with one shot, through a closed door or other cover. But sometimes they just wound people enough that they grimace and bleed for a moment but are perfectly fine 90 seconds later aside from the blood stain on their clothing.

Revolvers

What you think it says: “This is a more elegant weapon from a more civilized age; I am a connoisseur of firearms akin to the Jedi Knights and their lightsabers.â€

What it actually says: “I have trouble counting past six, and having a lot of ammo in a gunfight isn’t that important to me.â€

:DThat's me to a tee!!!!

i hope you are joking

Yea, it was a joke.

It is like Ford/Chevy.

Sports Car verse whatever else.

What does your Car/truck, Gun say about your, over compensating or not.

Pretty much, as long as it goes bang when needed, can hit targets when needed, that is the main things.

That being said, I am not certain what I want to make my person defense weapon yet, as far as what is a good CC/verse good handling gun with sufficient firepower.

GLOCK 19 and 26 what I think they say about me - I have chosen a kick ass primary cc pistol and a even more awesome backup in the same caliber that will work when I need them.

THE TRUTH is that I am too chicken :D to step outside of my comfort zone and try something new

Smith and Wesson model 36 Chiefs Special nickle plated three inch barrel:

What I think it says: Here is a man who has so much confidence in is skill with pistol that he only needs 5 shoots.

What it really says: If I ever get attacked I'll crap my pants and won't even remember I have a pistol.

Edited by Will Carry