TGO Marine

323ssplt

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mustangdave

Gator Freighter sailor here....1986-1989 USS New Orleans LPH-11....500 sailors, and 2000 of Uncle Sam's Misguided Children, and liberty call in the PI

Guest FroggyOne2
Thank you marines. My son is a marine, active 1994 - 1998, One year in Bahrain and now a LEO.

Edit... And now serving in that foreign area called South Florida

Tell your son that I said thank you and to becareful down there! I know how it is to have to watch your back, I have worked corrections for the last 19.5 years will have my 20 come Jan. 2011.

Thank You Devil Doc

Your welcome Marine! Semper Fi!

Hey Joe, I like the Army too, hell my wife is in the Army, so I guess I have too...lol

and as for me, because my dumbass didn't say in the original post

USMC 1999-Present 0261, 0311, 0317, 0369, 8531, 8541 and 09something or other (whatever the hell my MOS is for CMC, can't remember right now, too much beer) and too damned many units to recall.

Edited by 323ssplt
again that whole bud light and english language not mixing thing
Guest Glock23ForMe

Edit... And now serving in that foreign area called South Florida

I'm hoping to get a job in South Florida with the FAA... :fingerscrossed:

Thank all of you for your service.

1st Battalion 7th Marines - Comm Plt - 1989 - 1994. Task Force Ripper in Desert Storm and Task Force 1/7 in Barderra, Bidoa, and Mogadishu in Somalia.

Edited by 625-10

Maybe you "New Corps" Marines can comment on something I've noticed. I was an E5 Sgt the last year of my 4 year enlistment. That would have been mid 1972 when I got out and I turned 21 that same month. It seems now the Marines are older with a lower rank. Like an older looking E4 with two hash marks. Granted there are screwups and demotions for whatever reason, but is rank harder to get now? Are the serving Marines just older?

Cherokee Slim

Guest Keinengel

Supply and demand I would assume. Along with the ****heads. I made E-5 after 3 years and 10 months in the Army but I was 11 bang bang and went in as an E-2 to begin with. Everyone knows the Army likes to hand out rank anyways... just kidding....

Or am I?

Guest mustangdave

Cherokee...I retired in 1997 with 20 yrs, as an E5 from the NAVY...granted I was ina VERY small RATE (DM)...took me 6.5 years to make E5...and advancement from then on was a matter of 4.0 evals and waiting for some E6's to move up or the more senior DM's to friggin DIE. The supply and demand angle is pretty spot on the Marines have always historically been the smallest of the uniformed services. Like with my MOS in the Navy, I can see where there might be a bottle neck in the advancement opportunities at the E5 level.

Hey Joe, I like the Army too, hell my wife is in the Army, so I guess I have too...lol

and as for me, because my dumbass didn't say in the original post

USMC 1999-Present 0261, 0311, 0317, 0369, 8531, 8541 and 09something or other (whatever the hell my MOS is for CMC, can't remember right now, too much beer) and too damned many units to recall.

I had time in both LOL. Hydraulicsman on CH-46E in Marines and Heavy Truck Mechanic in Army.

Guest Letereat!

Swabbie Radioman here. Dont forget. Without us you would have had to walk/swim to all those beaches you been stormin all these years. My utmost respect for The Marines who have put themselves in harmsway in some of the most F'd up situations anywhere, by any service period!!

Supply and demand I would assume. Along with the ****heads. I made E-5 after 3 years and 10 months in the Army but I was 11 bang bang and went in as an E-2 to begin with. Everyone knows the Army likes to hand out rank anyways... just kidding....

Or am I?

Infantry has a high turnover so E5 and E6 can be acheived fairly quickly. Some make E8 quickly but most hangout as E6s for a long long time.