"Official" East Tn TGO Fall "Meet & Shoot"

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Letereat!

Im There already in my head. I can hear the sweet sound of gunfire and the acrid smell of the powder burns my nose as I grub on some meat with a big ole grin on my face.:(

That smoker is gonna take a load of Charcoal Titan, I can bring a 20lb bag if that would help.

Can we bring pumpkins and other ogranic sutffs to blast?

How bout meeting down at the Dollar store parking lot, just past the isect of Norris Freeway and 61.(heading toward Andersonville)We could prob dump several cars there without any trouble and pile in from there.

That smoker is gonna take a load of Charcoal Titan, I can bring a 20lb bag if that would help.

Thanks for the offer! But, I had this smoker custom built and had the guy put in a propane log starter...it makes it sooooooooooo much easier!!!

Can someone PM me Big j's address...if i cant get there with GPS ...I'll have to meet someone somewhere and follow them in...

Also, if there is anyone that wants to smoke a big piece of pig (or cow)....let me know....I could possibly try to get to BigJ's early in the morning and start smoking. If I can get 4 or 5 hours of smoke on the meat...you can finish it in the oven. Just let me know.

I have found when planning such an event, like many have stated, everyone bring what they want to eat. We have done this for church gatherings and when everyone arrives, just put all the food together for one big pot luck. Always works out and always have plenty of food. I'm up for this one, 30th sounds great. Suntzu, OhShoot, Mike.357, anybody got room for an extra? I'm in the Ftn City area which happens to be right on the way........

...Suntzu, OhShoot, Mike.357, anybody got room for an extra? I'm in the Ftn City area which happens to be right on the way........

I can prolly grab ya, Ron ... though I'll need some refresh on directions if I don't go with Mike ... we'll see how this plays out...

- OS

So are we settling on the 30th??? Times??? Come on guys....lets get organized!!! ONLY 12 DAYS TILL THAT WEEKEND!!!

How about we do it the 30th and plan it as a lunch time event. That way it gives us time to eat a nice lunch and then shoot for a few hours.

So, should we try to get there around noon? Thoughts, suggestions?

How about we do it the 30th and plan it as a lunch time event. That way it gives us time to eat a nice lunch and then shoot for a few hours.

So, should we try to get there around noon? Thoughts, suggestions?

When it comes to firearms, eating is secondary........hehe

Ok, I'm gonna go ahead and throw this out there and be "that guy", but I'm calling it for the 30th. Figure we'll try to eat around noonish-1 or so(will that give you enough time for the meats titan?). Be there earlier if you choose and fire off some rounds after we get our bellies full?

Hope this is cool with everyone?

I want to go, but the 30th is the day I'd leave. By the time I got to the range, I'd only get a couple rounds downrange, and say hi to everyone before I'd have to take off for the airport. I'll see how it works out, I'm trying to get a later flight in the day.

So are we settling on the 30th??? Times??? Come on guys....lets get organized!!! ONLY 12 DAYS TILL THAT WEEKEND!!!

Meeting at Shoneys at Clinton exit seamed to work last year. Around 9:00 or 10:00 am?

I only need about 2 hours for the dogs. Hamburgers, well, everyone knows how long they take. So, if we eat at noon, I need to be set up and smoking by 10.

I'll do the hamburgers on the grill.

But, as i said earlier, if anyone wants a bigger piece of meat smoked, i need to know that ASAP, and get the details on that.

Ribs=5 hours

Butts, shoulders=atleast 5 hours on the smoke...you can finish it in your oven.

If anyone wants ribs, butts, shoulders, brisket...I need to know early. I'll need to bring a few extra things and I'll need to get there a little early.

Meeting at Shoneys at Clinton exit seamed to work last year. Around 9:00 or 10:00 am?

That's why I mentioned Shoneys earlier, however since we're doing lunch vs. breakfast like we did last year, I think the old Dollar General or Dollar store right there by the red light that someone mentioned seems just about as good.......:)

Guest Letereat!

Just Post the co-ordinates in Long and Lat, to the second of course, and lets see who can make it:eek:

Edited by Letereat!
That's why I mentioned Shoneys earlier, however since we're doing lunch vs. breakfast like we did last year, I think the old Dollar General or Dollar store right there by the red light that someone mentioned seems just about as good.......;)

that's at the corner of norris freeway right?