"Official" East Tn TGO Fall "Meet & Shoot"

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was my thought as the food could be cooking while we're shootin'. We can all take turns watching the BBQ while the head cook shoots if he wanted to............

10 am then?

anyone else have a better plan? If not then I say 10am at the IGA

10 am then?

anyone else have a better plan? If not then I say 10am at the IGA

Sounds like a good time to me. I'm sure some people will be early and some will be running late but that way we can have a quick meet n greet before we all convoy to BigJ45s' place..........what do we the people say?? :lol:

titan14.

What about Brats? Should I get the heat and eat ones or the raw ones?

Glenn

Glenn,

Either would be fine...obviously other than cooking time. My suggestion, the raw ones, the smoke gets to raw meat better and faster. The heat and eat kind won't be "on the smoke" long enough to get "the smoke". But it is really your preference.

For those of us that have NO FREAKIN idea where the IGA is, or where 441 is, or where Andersonville is, can someone give us an address for the IGA?...or something close?
The old IGA parking lot on hwy 61 just above the red light at 441 would work good.

I went to Google maps and typed in: Andersonville, TN IGA and the results would seem to match BigJ45's description (above) of the location. It shows up as "Hensley IGA 3310 Andersonville Highway Andersonville, TN 37705" "this location is permanently closed" which would also seem to match "old IGA"

General Directions From Knoxville:

Taking I-75 North

Take exit 122 for TN-61 - Norris/Clinton exit

Turn EAST at TN-61 E/TN-61 toward Norris/Andersonville

Destination will be on the right - 1.7 mi from I-75

BigJ45 - Is there still a sign at that location for the closed IGA?

GoogleMaps Streetview shows A Hensley IGA and sign at that location but I have no idea how long ago that image was taken.

For us newbees who aren't familiar with that landmark. Is there something else in that parking lot/location that we can use to identify "Yep, this is the place"?

If any of this is incorrect please post the corrections.

I have not been to this place I'm just trying responding to Titans call for help and working with what I've read in this thread so far.

BTW, I do plan to be there on the 30th and will bring food not sure what yet, but something simple.

Thanks BigJ45 for the generous hospitality you've extended to the TGO East TN's and especially us new guys who haven't had the pleasure of meeting face to face yet with y'all TGOers who've been around awhile.

Red9MM

I hope the copy/ paste from google maps shows up OK.

andersonville, TN IGA - Google Maps

Edited by Red9MM
update directions

"Hensley IGA 3310 Andersonville Highway Andersonville, TN 37705"

General Directions From Knoxville:

Taking I-75 North from Knoxville (Exit off of I-640)

Take exit 122 for TN-61 - Norris/Clinton exit

Turn (Right at light) or EAST at TN-61 E/TN-61 toward Norris/Andersonville

You will come to a 4 way red light, continue forward

Destination will be on the right shortly after the light - 1.7 mi from I-75

Close enough........

Nobody has mentioned targets yet so........

I'll be bringing 2 of my pistol spinner targets for everyone to shoot at. Their not big (3 6in round 1/4in thick plates per) but are fun at 20yrds or so. Keep in mind these are pistol targets. One has had a few 7.62 rounds shot at it to see how it'd hold up. Did some good damage to it (almost went through) but is still very functional.

While mike.357 may bring his steel plate to shoot at, I encourage everyone to try to bring something. If you can snag a few bowling pins or have a few of the frames from realty signs bring them please as well as paper targets. I can't remember how long the range is but there is a covered roof with tables n seats (like out at Norris). There is also open area's to shoot from. I remember (gungeek I think) was using milk crates to shoot off of. Twards the end, I was setting up spent 12gauge rounds on the ground and shooting at them. I left when the .50 started up but could hear the boom while driving off.