Brought home a new 1911

USMCJG

Just picked it up today. It's a Smith and Wesson SW1911 Pro Series 9mm(178017). I had to put a few rounds through it as soon as I got home. Too early to tell with only a couple of mags through it, but so far it's accurate and didn't miss a beat with the included Wilson mags. Here are the obligatory pics-

SW19119-15-2010005-1.jpg

SW19119-15-2010006-1.jpg

• Replies 18
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's sharp! I'd be interested in shooting one.
If you're ever around Kingsport when I'm in town look me up and you'd be welcome to shoot it. This is my first 9mm 1911 and I was actually slightly surprised when I first shot it. Recoil is almost nonexistent.

On a side note, I just had an FTF. I thought the worst and hand ejected the round expecting to see a light primer strike. The primer had been struck normally. It was definitely not a light strike. I do believe that this may be the first completely ammunition related failure I have ever had with new factory ammo. It was WallyWorld Winchester white box that I bought today.

On a side note, I just had an FTF. I thought the worst and hand ejected the round expecting to see a light primer strike. The primer had been struck normally. It was definitely not a light strike. I do believe that this may be the first completely ammunition related failure I have ever had with new factory ammo. It was WallyWorld Winchester white box that I bought today.

If it was out of the 100 round value pack, I have experienced this as well. Just try it with differnet kinds of ammo. BTW, you have a very nice weapon. I am in the market for a nice 9mm 1911. If you don't mind, PM me and give me an idea of what I could expect to pay. Thanks.

If it was out of the 100 round value pack, I have experienced this as well. Just try it with differnet kinds of ammo. BTW, you have a very nice weapon. I am in the market for a nice 9mm 1911. If you don't mind, PM me and give me an idea of what I could expect to pay. Thanks.
It was the 100 rd. bulk pack WWB. I'm not worried about it since I know it wasn't a weapon problem. I have always had good luck with WWB and will continue to use it for plinking, but I wouldn't count on it for SD.

The prices I've seen have been around $1,200-1,250. I got a really good deal on mine, although I would have paid the $1,250+. I like it that much.